Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1836 Likes Search this Thread
10-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #1711
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Are you off your meds?
Well if a long time Pentax user actually feels this way how do you think the rest of the photography world feels. I don't think Pentax is dead and if they are then whatever. Its not like my gear will stop working but it would be disappointing to see all the things that Pentax does so well disappear. Anyway back on topic,Pentax needs to release the lenses that they said they would in a timely manner. A 50mm in 2018, 85 in 2020 and a 35 in 2022 is too slow. I suppose if they were updating the 200mm da* and 300mm da* to FA* standards during the same time it would be fine but they don't seem to be doing any of that. Some signs of life would be encouraging at least to Pentax users.

OK where are my meds.

10-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #1712
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Well if a long time Pentax user actually feels this way how do you think the rest of the photography world feels. I don't think Pentax is dead and if they are then whatever. Its not like my gear will stop working but it would be disappointing to see all the things that Pentax does so well disappear. Anyway back on topic,Pentax needs to release the lenses that they said they would in a timely manner. A 50mm in 2018, 85 in 2020 and a 35 in 2022 is too slow. I suppose if they were updating the 200mm da* and 300mm da* to FA* standards during the same time it would be fine but they don't seem to be doing any of that. Some signs of life would be encouraging at least to Pentax users.

OK where are my meds.
https://www.canadapharmacy.com/?utm_expid=77209681-19.SesyzqgsRKWQTKVzj3vQ4Q...pq6W3p6zGoLMU-

Last edited by normhead; 10-06-2017 at 09:31 AM.
10-06-2017, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #1713
Pentaxian

Well if a long time Pentax user actually feels this way how do you think the rest of the photography world feels.
I believe we are talking here about deliberate misinformation, not mere feelings.
So I'll return the question: if people posing as Pentax users are spreading deliberate misinformation in an attempt to cause FUD and we let them, how do you think the rest of the photography world feels?
10-06-2017, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #1714
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I think YOU nailed it: considering the lack of news these days, instead of anti-depressants we definitely need anti-depresents. Let's hope we won't need anti-defutures .

well, perhaps by accident - think my reading glasses need to be upped, and my fingers type faster than I can spell - laughing at myself on that one, and the humorous take you noted - ooops!

10-06-2017, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #1715
Pentaxian

Well if a long time Pentax user actually feels this way how do you think the rest of the photography world feels
Since a Pentax user since 1967 feels quietly optimistic, I think ti goes back to the "are you on your meds?" thing.

I'm not saying Pentax is the best choice for everyone. But it does have those for whom it's the best choice. Regardless of above criticisms, it's never going to try and be everything for everyone, like Canon or Nikon. It remains the brand for those who want to use in-expensive legacy glass to get into things without a huge investment, while developing a modern line up for those who want better than legacy. All the complaints are from those who want better than legacy, and I'd question whether Pentax was ever their best choice.

If you honestly "have to have" something , go buy it from wherever it's available. Getting all depressed because Pentax isn't what you want it to be doesn't help anything.

It does tend to annoy those of us who are pretty happy with what Pentax is. We are looking at the same data. I don't find it depressing in the slightest.
10-06-2017, 02:30 PM - 2 Likes   #1716
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I think YOU nailed it: considering the lack of news these days, instead of anti-depressants we definitely need anti-depresents. Let's hope we won't need anti-defutures .
Lol, Pentax went missing on or shortly after a brief statement from her carer, a Mr Ricoh, on 12 April 2017. There are widespread concerns for the safety of this frail senior citizen, now 98 years old. The old lady is known to have focusing difficulties in some situations which could make crossing unknown roads particularly dangerous. Any information as to her whereabouts will be gratefully received by Ricoh Sunset Brands Care Homes Corporation.

Seriously, it’s been nearly six months since Pentax really spoke to its users. Time they got back into the game with an interview or two, even a product announcement. Given that both the K1 and the KP offer exceptional IQ in their respective sectors, and the equal of much more costly offerings, there is plenty for them to say, imho.
10-06-2017, 02:49 PM - 3 Likes   #1717
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Lol, Pentax went missing on or shortly after a brief statement from her carer, a Mr Ricoh, on 12 April 2017. There are widespread concerns for the safety of this frail senior citizen, now 98 years old. The old lady is known to have focusing difficulties in some situations which could make crossing unknown roads particularly dangerous. Any information as to her whereabouts will be gratefully received by Ricoh Sunset Brands Care Homes Corporation.

Seriously, it’s been nearly six months since Pentax really spoke to its users. Time they got back into the game with an interview or two, even a product announcement. Given that both the K1 and the KP offer exceptional IQ in their respective sectors, and the equal of much more costly offerings, there is plenty for them to say, imho.
LOL!

The awesome performance of the products speak for themselves... but not loudly enough for the denizens of the internet, eh?

10-06-2017, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #1718
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
new 50 mm lens coming?
humbug.
50mm and 85 mm rumours are Pentax keeping alive!!!!
compact camera's gone
the mirrorless camera's gone.
dslr camera's gone
the Pentax k-1 the first and final full frame.
it's sad
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Are you off your meds?
Off meds? Who can say?
Trolling? Clearly.
The two are neither mutually exclusive nor codependent.
10-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #1719
Pentaxian

No new product, no new purchase, saves money.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 10-06-2017 at 11:06 PM.
10-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #1720
Pentaxian

new 50 mm lens coming?
humbug.
50mm and 85 mm rumours are Pentax keeping alive!!!!
compact camera's gone
the mirrorless camera's gone.
dslr camera's gone
it's sad
Hmmm. I haven't read or heard any news that the K-1 is the first and final full frame. We have no evidence saying it's the last or Pentax is going to give up the DSLR business.

Hmmmm, I don't think what you're saying is accurate.
10-07-2017, 02:29 AM   #1721
Pentaxian

10-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #1722
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Probably Pentax is working on the 645z replacement.

What we've discovered over time is that they only have resources to do one thing at a time. So, if they update the 645 camera, it means no new K mount gear for a year or year and a half.
10-07-2017, 03:13 AM - 3 Likes   #1723
Veteran Member

it's sad

and wait for it.............:
10-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #1724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
and wait for it.............:
well that does sound promising

I'm looking forward to it
10-07-2017, 05:51 AM   #1725
ogl
Banned

new 50 mm lens coming?

it's sad
It's interesting conclusion, but rather special...
Closed Thread