Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #2071

QuoteQuote:
A New Development Ring-Type Sdx (Ultrasonic Motor) that will implement high-Speed AF.
According to the [poorly translated]description, they're developing a new type of ring SDM motor for this?

11-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #2072
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nzondlo Quote
According to the [poorly translated]description, they're developing a new type of ring SDM motor for this?

Yes this is not the old failure prone SDM of yesteryear but a brand new design.... they are just using the naming even though they are different types of motors.
11-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #2073
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't read the whole thing ... taken with the K1?
11-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #2074
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I didn't read the whole thing ... taken with the K1?
That is the interesting part for me.. the google translation states "※ Since this example uses a prototype machine, it reduces the image."

I'm assuming they mean prototype lens, but how is a prototype lens reducing the image? Could also mean prototype camera and the image processing somehow isn't either using the whole frame of the sensor or is using the whole frame at a reduced pixel count.

Someone who can actually read Japanese would be helpful here..

11-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #2075

I got a first glance on pentaxrumors and it didn't look particularly faltering. However there is little to prove from a cropped and scaled down for web image. If they had provided the true original then maybe...
11-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #2076
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
"※ Since this example uses a prototype machine, it reduces the image."
Its more like, " Since the example is taken with a prototype, the image size has been reduced." It does not specify the prototype being the camera or the lens, but I assume they are talking about the lens. I don't see any mention of which camera was used.
11-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #2077
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nzondlo Quote
According to an official Ricoh Imaging announcement, yes, the D FA* 50mm f/1.4 has a ring type SDM. And it's KAF4.

---------- Post added 01-12-17 at 02:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by taks Quote
Its more like, " Since the example is taken with a prototype, the image size has been reduced." It does not specify the prototype being the camera or the lens, but I assume they are talking about the lens. I don't see any mention of which camera was used.
Of course it's the lens; the K-1 is on the market for some time.

11-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #2078
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by taks Quote
Correct. And facebook automatically strips EXIF so there is no way of knowing unless Ricoh share..
11-30-2017, 06:30 PM   #2079
Forum Member

Bismillah

I have faith this lens will be really good. Anyone know or want guess when it will come out and the price for it?
11-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #2080
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by halimj7 Quote
Anyone know or want guess when it will come out and the price for it?
Spring of 2018. But spring where is unknown. Price between $1,000 and 1,500us
11-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #2081
Forum Member

I can wait until April or May, as I need to build my piggy bank up for this one.
11-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #2082
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Even with the small image dimensions, and even if a prototype, that lens is going to be a must have by the looks of it. I'm almost sorry for going the Sony route
Chris
Just get the Sony Zeiss 55mm F/1.8 and you won't be sorry. It is the perfect blend of size, build quality, and image quality. I almost left Sony earlier this year, but that lens is the reason I still have my A7II and I will probably add an A9 or A7rIII in the spring along with a couple of Zeiss Batis lenses. I had the opportunity to rent the A9 for a wedding and it is simply amazing. The RAW files are not as good as the K-1, but the AF is fantastic. Waiting for more reviews of the A7rIII and I might rent it for an event to see if the AF is close enough to the A9. RAW files from the A7rII is just as good as the K-1 so I expect the a7rIII to be a little better.
11-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #2083
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That is the interesting part for me.. the google translation states "※ Since this example uses a prototype machine, it reduces the image."

I'm assuming they mean prototype lens, but how is a prototype lens reducing the image? Could also mean prototype camera and the image processing somehow isn't either using the whole frame of the sensor or is using the whole frame at a reduced pixel count.

Someone who can actually read Japanese would be helpful here..
Still a very nice picture, very nice rendering and details ... with the K1 (I would assume) ?
11-30-2017, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #2084
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Just get the Sony Zeiss 55mm F/1.8 and you won't be sorry. It is the perfect blend of size, build quality, and image quality. I almost left Sony earlier this year, but that lens is the reason I still have my A7II and I will probably add an A9 or A7rIII in the spring along with a couple of Zeiss Batis lenses. I had the opportunity to rent the A9 for a wedding and it is simply amazing. The RAW files are not as good as the K-1, but the AF is fantastic. Waiting for more reviews of the A7rIII and I might rent it for an event to see if the AF is close enough to the A9. RAW files from the A7rII is just as good as the K-1 so I expect the a7rIII to be a little better.
You make buying a new full frame camera and lens sound like its as convenient as going through the drive through at McDonald's lol. I think I will just wait on the new Pentax lens.
11-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #2085
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Still a very nice picture, very nice rendering and details ... with the K1 (I would assume) ?
Yes, that is a fair assumption, but still an assumption none the less.

I'm still curious as to what they meant but, the more I think about it, I'm guessing they just meant they reduced the size of the image because it is a prototype lens and 100% view performance may or may not be quite right just yet..

This image release is just a hype/teaser piece to remind people the lens is still in development.. keep waiting.

Last edited by mee; 11-30-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Closed Thread