Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2018, 02:17 AM   #2431
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
part3 Photo of the Day PENTAX????50mmF1.4??? ?? ???
only partial information, leaked online, I so curious and so teased. Will my desire be aroused so much, my unconscious will buy the lens. BTW, he mentions that he used LV and tripod for evaluating sharpness. Did he also have to use ES on the K1 to work around shutter shock in order to get the sharpness of the premium lens? 1/50th is right in the shutter shock range, will it affect the sharpness of the lens to the point that there will be no benefit over a FA50?

Last edited by biz-engineer; 01-09-2018 at 04:48 AM.
01-09-2018, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #2432
Pentaxian

According to Kimio Tanaka, the optical performance of the HD Pentax-D FA★ 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW is nothing short of superb.

Here below a summarised translation of Part III for those of you who would prefer my French to Tanaka-san's Japanese:

Pentax D FA★ 50 mm f/1,4

Sorry guys, I'm dog-tired tonight and I don't find the courage to make an English version. Direkt ins Bett!
01-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #2433

Photos: Gallery | Albums
merci bien pour cette traduction (nt)

merci bien pour cette traduction
01-10-2018, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #2434
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
According to Kimio Tanaka, the optical performance of the HD Pentax-D FA★ 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW is nothing short of superb.
Great. I guess that means that I'll finally be able to take some decent photos.

01-10-2018, 02:09 AM   #2435
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Great. I guess that means that I'll finally be able to take some decent photos.
LOL Yes, if - and only if - you buy this lens
01-10-2018, 02:54 AM - 6 Likes   #2436
Pentaxian

It is like Joe the plumber watching football on TV: If the team wins "we win", if the team looses, "they lose".

It's just a matter of education and wisdom and growing up.

In photo forums, Joe's good images are always the result of the "experienced, skilled, artistic photographer". Joe's bad images are always the fault of the equipment, the maker etc.

That is why you practically never see lots of average/good images from the whiners. Incompetents are all alike, and they really, really don't want to accept that and go into passive agressive mode ("oh no, I am not whining and incompetent I just happen to have my opinion (about the tool scapegoats, but not about my skills) and magical good reasons why I never show even average images."

Look into the galleries:
- for long tele lenses: do you see the incompetents who whine most for super expensive tele lenses?
- for sports: do you see the incompetents who whine most for "fast AF"?
Look into user gear lists and check if the incompetents who whine most about lack of super-res and super fast glass list lots of currently available high-res glass and expensive F1.4 lenses. You're more likely to see superzooms and cheapest legacy glass.

As with most deliverables in life: They depend 95% on the skill of the user and only 5% on tool capabilities.
So if someone starts whining, you must 95% discuss his skill shortcomings as a person and only if that is proven excellent (nearly never happens) one can dicuss gear with a good reason.

Last edited by beholder3; 01-10-2018 at 11:56 PM.
01-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #2437
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
In photo forums, Joe's good images are always the result of the "experienced, skilled, artistic photographer". Joe's bad images are always the fault of the equipment, the maker etc.
As with most deliverables in life: They depend 95% on the skill of the user and only 5% on tool capabilities.
Well said!

01-10-2018, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #2438
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So if someone starts whining, you must 95% discuss his skill shortcomings as a person and only if that is proven excellent (nearly never happens) one can dicuss gear with a good reason.
75% of statistics are completely made up.
01-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #2439
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
So a bit longer and heavier than the Sigma Art:
Filter Thread Front: 77 mm (72)
Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 85.4 x 99.9 mm (80x110)
Weight 815 g (Canon). (830g)
Now THAT is an accomplishment!
01-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #2440
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Well said!
Actually, it was extremely insulting and offensive. I'm sure is certain others had posted it they would be sitting out the next two weeks on the sidelines.
01-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #2441
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Actually, it was extremely insulting and offensive. I'm sure is certain others had posted it they would be sitting out the next two weeks on the sidelines.
If you find it extremely insulting and offensive, Bill, you can always report it to the moderating team. I'll stay out of it, as I'm already involved in the thread
01-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #2442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
If you find it extremely insulting and offensive, Bill, you can always report it to the moderating team. I'll stay out of it, as I'm already involved in the thread
I thought you were careful in your selective quotes from a forthright post, Mike - I think that there's a certain amount of truth in the post you were quoting, but it's an opinion, and a slight simplification born out of possibly justifiable annoyance. the parts you quoted, on the other hand, were difficult to argue with
01-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #2443
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I thought you were careful in your selective quotes from a forthright post, Mike - I think that there's a certain amount of truth in the post you were quoting, but it's an opinion, and a slight simplification born out of possibly justifiable annoyance. the parts you quoted, on the other hand, were difficult to argue with
Thanks, Graham. I certainly didn't agree with all of the post, nor necessarily the delivery, but the parts I quoted were - IMHO - pretty accurate (if somewhat generalised ).
01-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #2444
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wheatfield Quote
actually, it was extremely insulting and offensive. I'm sure is certain others had posted it they would be sitting out the next two weeks on the sidelines.
???? ?
01-10-2018, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #2445
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
- for sports: do you see the incompetents who whine most for "fast AF"?
Not all are incompetent, some of them have managed to get the best out of Pentax AF tracking performance by running faster than the subject.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-10-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Inflammatory remarks removed
Closed Thread