Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #2536
Pentaxian

Unsubscribed.

01-15-2018, 08:40 AM - 3 Likes   #2537
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Regardless of what kenspo brings to the forum, I probably wouldn't listen to him at all were it not for his photos. The only thing that proves you know what you are talking about is the photos you take. There is absolutely no way to validate theoretical constructions without empirical proof. That's just basic science.
This is an elitist, supercilious attitude.

As an example, I don't have to hit a person in the head with a 12 pound sledgehammer to know that doing so would stave in said person's skull. The theoretical construction is plenty good enough.

The only thing that proves you know what you are talking about is knowing what you are talking about and having the language skills required to get your point across.

---------- Post added 01-15-18 at 09:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Well, instead of the year of the primes, we are going through a full decade of the primes.
The unanswered question, of course, is which decade in the future are we talking about.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 01-15-2018 at 09:15 AM.
01-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #2538
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Well, instead of the year of the primes, we are going through a full decade of the primes.
Nothing to complain about as soon as they don't make us wait for another full frame 15 years patience period
Nobody is willing or able to shed some light on what happened at Ricoh regarding Pentax planning and putting a tight lid on any communication on future products to the world outside. In effect the pace of R&D has slowed down tremendously, and there is a sense that there might be a severe penalty on spreading the slightest bit of information on future Ricoh/Pentax products
Perhaps this new Ricoh has frightened quite a few people off, not only informants (hmmm) but also people such as third party stuff suppliers?....

Last edited by Chris Mak; 01-15-2018 at 04:03 PM.
01-15-2018, 05:01 PM - 2 Likes   #2539
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
This is an elitist, supercilious attitude.

As an example, I don't have to hit a person in the head with a 12 pound sledgehammer to know that doing so would stave in said person's skull. The theoretical construction is plenty good enough.

The only thing that proves you know what you are talking about is knowing what you are talking about and having the language skills required to get your point across.
Yes.

Beyond this... sharing photographs isn't necessarily proving ones point. Because how one does or does not value a photograph is subjective. Unless the photographs are proving objects or phenomenon visible in the photo... but that wasn't the discussion.

One can even understand the steps of achieving a certain photographic technique yet not have mastered it and still effectively know and share the technique... even if they, themselves, find their own performance in this technique is subpar.

I had this discussion with another forum goer a few months ago and it went around and around and around.. It was their appeal to claim photographs (that will be subjectively weighed/valued by each person separately) proved their opinion (somehow objectively) on a topic that is subjective in itself. Yet it was, in their minds, quite absolute and definitive. Strange logic. So just have to agree to disagree with those folks and move on I think..

01-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #2540
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What's this thread about again?
01-16-2018, 12:47 AM - 2 Likes   #2541
Veteran Member

Oh well..This is one of the reasons I hardly share any news, inside info etc. If things change, get delayed or something, I become the target for many

And since Ricoh see me as a rebel and one that is hard to control..Its not worth it anymore.
01-16-2018, 01:02 AM - 5 Likes   #2542
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Oh well..This is one of the reasons I hardly share any news, inside info etc. If things change, get delayed or something, I become the target for many

And since Ricoh see me as a rebel and one that is hard to control..Its not worth it anymore.
The truth is, you are telling us what was said to you. You are not part of Ricoh's management. You don't make the decisions, they do. As far as I'm concerned, inside info from you and Asahiman are welcome. I remembered that there was a delay in the coming of the k-1. But it came. So is it with this lens, it's coming. I don't think you should be held responsible for the delays.

Keep shooting. If you have info, let us know. A lot of us here like to be perked up by new rumors particularly that Pentax is being treated harshly by competitors. Rumors that come true even if delayed give life to this forum. Maybe some of us should lighten up a bit. We're supposed to discuss and enjoy ourselves, not quarrel.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 01-16-2018 at 01:23 AM. Reason: spelling
01-16-2018, 03:35 AM - 2 Likes   #2543
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I, for one, appreciate your willingness to bring a little news our way. It certainly isn't your fault if things get slowed down or delayed.
01-16-2018, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #2544
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I too appreciate it when you can pass on news and information Those that target and criticise you would do well to remember that you're an ambassador for Ricoh, and have no say in what gets developed and when (or if) it gets released.
01-16-2018, 04:03 AM - 1 Like   #2545
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a good rumour for you! AFAIK this new lens will quite soon have two FF models that could be mounted on!

Spring is coming and so will some announcements.
01-16-2018, 04:12 AM   #2546
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I have a good rumour for you! AFAIK this new lens will quite soon have two FF models that could be mounted on!

(...).
It already has: (i) K-1 and (ii) K-1 Silver Limited Edition .
01-16-2018, 04:15 AM - 2 Likes   #2547
Pentaxian

@kenspo:
Like the previous posters, I'm appreciating you passing on any news you can. And those trying to stop that by constantly mocking and attacking should find something better to do. They're not that many - they're just very insistent.

Scarce information is always better than abundant made-up "rumors" and baseless speculation.
01-16-2018, 04:17 AM   #2548
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It already has: (i) K-1 and (ii) K-1 Silver Limited Edition .

You're right! So that will make it three
01-16-2018, 04:35 AM   #2549
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote

You're right! So that will make it three
Happy to be called The Source?
01-16-2018, 04:52 AM   #2550
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Happy to be called The Source?
No, not at all. Happy for the news! I'm excited of what Pentax will bring out. I'm happy even about equipment that doesn't interest me like the DA* wide zoom. And finally I'm happy as a person.
Closed Thread