Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2018, 08:28 PM - 5 Likes   #3121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some pictures from Stockhoms photo fair with DFA50.
I do not see any shutter shock with DFA50 on those few pictures, maybe due to the weight of the lens or the lens elements or groups in the lens do not vibrate.
The lens seems ready for production.
First 3 with f5.6.
And the last 3 with f1,4, one whole picture. Some parts within the depth of field.
Edit: The second last image is a 100% of the last image (the jacket appears to be in focus), Cashback is also 100%.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by Bophoto; 03-10-2018 at 05:51 AM.
03-14-2018, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #3122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
On a different note: I hope I am not too impudent, but does anyone know who asahiman is? I've always wondered. He (or she) seems to have pretty accurate knowledge of some Pentax interna and the Japanese camera industry in general, and the majority of his (or her) claims turn out to be true, it's just that every time I spread such information (e.g. on DPR or the German DSLR Forum) and get challenged on the source, all I can say is 'Someone who usually knows said so on some other forum ..."
I'm sure asahiman has more than one profile on these forums ? I always thought asahiman was actually.....quite possibly.....You !
03-15-2018, 06:41 AM   #3123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesDCrockett Quote
The 1.4 is not a necessity; but if the center and edge to edge sharpness is on par with the Zeiss Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4, the new 50 will be near impossible to pass on.
The FE 50mm F/1.4 is big and heavy, especially on the A9 sized body, but the AF is really fast, the sharpness is excellent, and it has that 3D pop that you are looking for. It's an excellent lens, but also a $1,500 50mm F/1.4. I love the rendering and colors.

Are Pentax users ready to pay $1,500 for a 50mm F/1.4? Pentax users have a long history of favoring small, light, and less expensive optics. Most of the users who don't mind large expensive optics left Pentax a long time ago.
03-15-2018, 07:00 AM - 3 Likes   #3124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Pentax users have a long history of favoring small, light, and less expensive optics.
Pentaxians need to understand that those days are over

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Most of the users who don't mind large expensive optics left Pentax a long time ago.
we won't get them back without the right optics

03-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #3125
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote

Historically, I don't think that good lenses were ever cheap. It seems like we might be at a point in time when we have access to relatively cheap lenses, but back in the day it wasn't the case. I remember reading that the CZJ 75mm cost a couple of months' wages of an average engineer. Same with soviet lenses. There were the basic ones, I guess we'd call them kit lenses, but anything aside from those was expensive. The dfa 50mm might be cheap compared to those older lenses when we adjust for things like inflation and purchasing power. Most things are getting cheaper when you adjust for quality increases, so it's probably the same with lenses.
03-16-2018, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #3126
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don’t know what all the fuss about expensive lenses is about.

Some of the best glass I have was found in second hand stores for a few bucks.
03-16-2018, 03:30 AM - 2 Likes   #3127
Pentaxian

You're saying that no matter what Pentax does, you'll never buy their products?
But then, how is this relevant for this thread?

03-16-2018, 03:45 AM   #3128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Originally posted by Winder Quote Pentax users have a long history of favoring small, light, and less expensive optics.
not for DA limiteds I hope, that and cameras like the KP and K-3 line, small compact DSLR camera and lenses.
03-16-2018, 03:57 AM   #3129
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
not for DA limiteds I hope, that and cameras like the KP and K-3 line, small compact DSLR camera and lenses.
Agreed. The DA Limiteds may not be fast, but they're fast enough, small, light, beautifully made and optically very good. They're an awfully good reason to choose a Pentax APS-C camera...
03-16-2018, 04:11 AM   #3130
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
But then, how is this relevant for this thread?
Is this post in reply to another here?

If so, which one?
03-16-2018, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #3131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Is this post in reply to another here?

If so, which one?
Yours, of course. The one immediately before my post.
03-16-2018, 04:24 AM   #3132
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I never said that.
03-16-2018, 04:26 AM - 1 Like   #3133
Pentaxian

You said that you find your best lenses for a few bucks, at second hand stores.
What is this, if not a declaration that you're not interested in a new Pentax lens?
How should we take such a declaration, in a thread dedicated to the D FA* 50mm f/1.4?
03-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #3134
Veteran Member

Pentaxians need to understand that those days are over )
A bit of a gamble there? It's easy to understand Ricoh might want to issue some high-end reference lenses like the 50mm f1.4 but I'm not sure they'd be talking about giving Limited lenses a make-over if big new f1.4 lenses were all they had in mind, although perhaps they meant the smaller, more traditionally "Pentax" ones would be for APS-C
03-16-2018, 06:15 AM   #3135
Pentaxian

After being one of the early folks to criticize kenspo the messenger for this line of thought, I think I'm on board now. The simple fact is Pentax has championed light weight easy to use, easy to carry lenses. Look where it got them, and honestly, I will never own most of what's out there. There is way more than I need, do we really need a couple 40's and a 43, a 70, a 77 and an 85. With the addition of the 11-18 Pentax has done a really good job on the APS_c line-up. There is choice out the ring-yang, in consumer mid level and DA* lenses.

Anyone who thinks people that left Pentax over no big heavy glass won't give them a good look when there are a few "modern lenses for modern sensors " out there, doesn't know human nature. None of us make decisions and keep them forever. Not Pentax users, not Canon users not-ex-Petnax users.

The simple fact is, if Pentax's small line up was carrying it's weight, we wouldn't be in this position.
Closed Thread