Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
pres589's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lawrence, KS
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,005
I'd be really curious how many k-mount Art 35's were sold, actually. I think Ricoh should look long and hard at those numbers as well.

08-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #587
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 127
QuoteOriginally posted by al260 Quote
I put K-1 on sale, because I'm tired of waiting when I can buy myself 50, 85 \ 1.4 ... I need these lenses now !!! It's very bad that there is no information when the lenses go on sale ((Also I need 24-70 \ 2.8 (Tamron do not want)
Tell me what lens you need, and what you need it for and i can tell you where you can buy it.
PERIOD.

That is "alternative facts" that there would be no lenses for a FF Pentax...
The FA ltd.'s are pretty neat lenses with nice optics (one of the 3 amigos even got released as a leica-mount lens)

if you think manual lenses are showstoppers there are loads of lenses from the F or FA line from pentax,
if you think you need decent T/S lenses, i can tell you how to adapt Nikon PC-lenses to pentax-mount(easy as cake, if you know someone with fine drilling tools)

50mm:
DA 50mm 1.8, F 50mm 1.7, FA 50mm 1.4
85mm:
FA*85mm, Sigma 85mm 1.4 (even the 77mm 1.8 is a very good alternative here)

on the other side, i would have said "I understand you" if you stated, that the core-features of the K-1 just are not up to date.
(the much too slow and much too centered AF was a reason for me to NOT buy it in first place, burst framerate is a mere joke to todays standards, etc. - so i have to wait for its successor and cope with manual AF on film or cropping on my digital body) but the choice of lenses... c'mon...
If you are after silent AF lenses, Sigmas HSM is very speedy and not so far behind Nikons AF-S... and you get nearly everything you really NEED from Sigma with a pentax mount.
They even released the 35mm 1.4 Art lens for PK. (one day i will buy one, but now i have to lick my wounds after buyin into 85mm f:1.4)
08-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #588
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Novozybkov
Posts: 48
I need a zoom of 24-70 \ 2.8 .... I had a DFA 24-70 \ 2.8 (sold) it did not hit me, I do not want it anymore .. maybe Tamron SP 24-70mm F / 2.8 G2 but for the price of Tamron and not Pentax + 300%$
I have 77 \ 1.8 - yes it's good optics, but I want 1.4 (without a screwdriver)
The price of HD PENTAX D FA * 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW is too big, in our city there is no way to see \ check the lens
I think that the Pentax FA 31mm f / 1.8 Limited is good optics but I would like an Ultrasonic motor for fast and noiseless AF

I have 5dm3 I have a choice (example)
Canon EF 24-70mm f / 2.8L II USM
Sigma AF 24-70mm f / 2.8 DG OS HSM Art Canon EF
Tamron AF SP 24-70mm f / 2.8 DI VC USD (A007) Canon EF
Tamron SP 24-70mm F / 2.8 Di VC USD G2
Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f / 2.8 PRO Aspherical SD (IF) FX Canon EF


I want to say that Pentax does not have a choice of optics .... ((I want to buy in a store with a guarantee, I do not earn much but I do not want to repair constantly trying optics
I like PENTAX but keeps no information from my customers, I hope you ponely ...

PENTAX Russia (Google translator)

Last edited by al260; 08-18-2017 at 07:29 PM.
08-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #589
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,865
QuoteOriginally posted by al260 Quote
I want to say that Pentax does not have a choice of optics ....
I understand your frustration, in some ways it is legitimate. You know, the downside of interchangeable lenses camera, historically and until now, it that there is no such thing as standard lens mount, it is done with the purpose to make stay with the brands. If there was a standard lens mount for all camera makers, that would allow cheaper and/or better lenses (via economies of scale) as well as a lot more choice.

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
on the other side, i would have said "I understand you" if you stated, that the core-features of the K-1 just are not up to date.
If there is no lens choice and Pentax K1 is retarded, was it a about a purchase decision mistake from you, and do you have buyer remorse?

08-19-2017, 06:30 AM   #590
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Novozybkov
Posts: 48
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I understand your frustration, in some ways it is legitimate. You know, the downside of interchangeable lenses camera, historically and until now, it that there is no such thing as standard lens mount, it is done with the purpose to make stay with the brands. If there was a standard lens mount for all camera makers, that would allow cheaper and/or better lenses (via economies of scale) as well as a lot more choice.


If there is no lens choice and Pentax K1 is retarded, was it a about a purchase decision mistake from you, and do you have buyer remorse?

Of course there is no mistake, I loved Pentax K1, I did not expect lim 77 \ 1.8 so much to like. I want Pentax to live and that there were a lot of technological and modern lenses, I want Pentax to talk more with the fans of the brand.



Last edited by al260; 08-19-2017 at 06:36 AM.
08-19-2017, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #591
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 127
QuoteOriginally posted by al260 Quote
Of course there is no mistake, I loved Pentax K1, I did not expect lim 77 \ 1.8 so much to like. I want Pentax to live and that there were a lot of technological and modern lenses, I want Pentax to talk more with the fans of the brand.

yep, they really should look out for their customers or they will loose the upwind they gained from releasing the K-5/K-5II and K-3/K-3II ...
lookin at the specs, K-1 seems like a "d..[censored]"-move... much more does the KP... so there are reasons to be critical...

But if you really need those fast ultrasonic-lenses, let me state it again... go and have a look at what Sigma offers.
They maybe stopped producing the 85mm 1.4 in K-mount, but still there are plenty of those glasses waiting for you at a store where you can buy them brand new.
The same goes for other focal lengths/ranges...

i have a 70-200 DG OS HSM and an 85mm 1.4 DG HSM lens from SIGMA and i am 100% satisfied.
I also like the Pentax lenses and their "rendering", but thing is ... somehow you are totally right. Screwdriver is so outdated and noisy,

And I am also convinced that the Optical Stabilization IN LENS is far more superior to what the SR can offer. AT FOCAL LENGTHS LONGER THEN 135MM . PERIOD.
The SR appreciable works for FL up to 135mm or so... but then the effect is far away from "Ohh!"(yes dozens will say, "but Ihii shoot with 300mm handheld at 1/5s only with SR ..." to those i want to say, yes that is nice, that says something about your personal capabilities but not about the SR system.)

I know that because I used to shoot around with a 150-500mm DG OS Sigma Lens and man, this OS was doing stunning stabilizer performance.
The slr internal pentax SR is really barely perceptible beyond a focal length of.. lets say 200mm...

I always miss that "frozen framing" feeling when i pick up the DFA 150-450 and start shooting...
It is somehow disappointing that they did not recognize that a lens with a reach that far, could really use lens-internal stabilization.
and I was really convinced, that they would implement that feature in future tele lenses and so i was very disappointed, and have to agree that up to some certain point, the
leadership-people at Ricoh-Imaging seem to miss insight to the needs of the real consumers.
(not the PentaxForums.com-addicted, not the PentaxForums.com-"stage hogs" no, THE CONSUMERS, be it professional, semi-professional or hobbyist)

much more I understand that you are also annoyed, by what RICOH-Imaging offers for the K-mount at the moment...
HD PENTAX D FA * 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW is way too expensive... 100% correct. same goes for the 24-70....
> looking at Nikons G lens pendant with same reach and f-stop, one can say, that nikon offers better rendition, better AF plus in-lens-stabilizer for the same price as the pentax lens(and also weather sealing since its a G-signed lens)

but ASB, just try some SIGMA glass..
thats a solution that makes being a pentax-photographer less painful.
really, there is enough glass here.

I am really convinced that they have to change both
- the main focus of new DSLR bodies should be set to core-specs....= better AF/faster electronics and memory instead of design-gadgetry
- lens offerings = long teles with in-lens stabilizer, and faster(but also accurate) and more silent AF drives in prime lenses

if i could only count the times and get a few dollars for every time I thought, "to hell with all that economical-logical thinking! Its time for better gear now. I am going to break up my account and buy into Sonys E-mount system..." - maybe i didnt because i am just too lazy for a selloff... maybe its because i am more the scrooge guy.

But dont get me wrong, apart from that redundant-wheel-circus and crippled top-lcd, i really love the Pentax K-1 body design and think a successor to the K-1 with a bit better AF-performance and much faster framerates, will be the right deal for me.
Honestly, the K-1 really felt right in my hands and for sure it is built very solid, but the specs... ohh man... (last century-video, slow)otherwise i would say, sell your K-1 to me.

The K-5II kicked me back to pentax land, because at the time released it was nearly en par with all the other APS-C flagships and i know there will also be another worthy FF amigo next to the K-1,
but for gods sake i hope they see their failures and concentrate on the core specs of a camera of today instead of wheels and moonlanders.

so the bottom line of all my blabbering here is this:
I really feel you. I know that there are drawbacks in pentaxland... but if I know one thing for sure, it is this:
Hopping from one brand to the other doesnt make you a better photographer.
08-19-2017, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #592
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,801
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
a successor to the K-1 with a bit better AF-performance and much faster framerates, will be the right deal for me.
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
looking at Nikons G lens pendant with same reach and f-stop, one can say, that nikon offers better rendition, better AF plus in-lens-stabilizer for the same price as the pentax lens(and also weather sealing since its a G-signed lens)
And the Nikon price for the camera you describe will be double the K-1 price!

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
i am more the scrooge guy.
08-19-2017, 06:15 PM   #593
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Novozybkov
Posts: 48
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
yep, they really should look out for their customers or they will loose the upwind they gained from releasing the K-5/K-5II and K-3/K-3II ...
lookin at the specs, K-1 seems like a "d..[censored]"-move... much more does the KP... so there are reasons to be critical...

But if you really need those fast ultrasonic-lenses, let me state it again... go and have a look at what Sigma offers.
They maybe stopped producing the 85mm 1.4 in K-mount, but still there are plenty of those glasses waiting for you at a store where you can buy them brand new.
The same goes for other focal lengths/ranges...

i have a 70-200 DG OS HSM and an 85mm 1.4 DG HSM lens from SIGMA and i am 100% satisfied.
I also like the Pentax lenses and their "rendering", but thing is ... somehow you are totally right. Screwdriver is so outdated and noisy,

And I am also convinced that the Optical Stabilization IN LENS is far more superior to what the SR can offer. AT FOCAL LENGTHS LONGER THEN 135MM . PERIOD.
The SR appreciable works for FL up to 135mm or so... but then the effect is far away from "Ohh!"(yes dozens will say, "but Ihii shoot with 300mm handheld at 1/5s only with SR ..." to those i want to say, yes that is nice, that says something about your personal capabilities but not about the SR system.)

I know that because I used to shoot around with a 150-500mm DG OS Sigma Lens and man, this OS was doing stunning stabilizer performance.
The slr internal pentax SR is really barely perceptible beyond a focal length of.. lets say 200mm...

I always miss that "frozen framing" feeling when i pick up the DFA 150-450 and start shooting...
It is somehow disappointing that they did not recognize that a lens with a reach that far, could really use lens-internal stabilization.
and I was really convinced, that they would implement that feature in future tele lenses and so i was very disappointed, and have to agree that up to some certain point, the
leadership-people at Ricoh-Imaging seem to miss insight to the needs of the real consumers.
(not the PentaxForums.com-addicted, not the PentaxForums.com-"stage hogs" no, THE CONSUMERS, be it professional, semi-professional or hobbyist)

much more I understand that you are also annoyed, by what RICOH-Imaging offers for the K-mount at the moment...
HD PENTAX D FA * 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW is way too expensive... 100% correct. same goes for the 24-70....
> looking at Nikons G lens pendant with same reach and f-stop, one can say, that nikon offers better rendition, better AF plus in-lens-stabilizer for the same price as the pentax lens(and also weather sealing since its a G-signed lens)

but ASB, just try some SIGMA glass..
thats a solution that makes being a pentax-photographer less painful.
really, there is enough glass here.

I am really convinced that they have to change both
- the main focus of new DSLR bodies should be set to core-specs....= better AF/faster electronics and memory instead of design-gadgetry
- lens offerings = long teles with in-lens stabilizer, and faster(but also accurate) and more silent AF drives in prime lenses

if i could only count the times and get a few dollars for every time I thought, "to hell with all that economical-logical thinking! Its time for better gear now. I am going to break up my account and buy into Sonys E-mount system..." - maybe i didnt because i am just too lazy for a selloff... maybe its because i am more the scrooge guy.

But dont get me wrong, apart from that redundant-wheel-circus and crippled top-lcd, i really love the Pentax K-1 body design and think a successor to the K-1 with a bit better AF-performance and much faster framerates, will be the right deal for me.
Honestly, the K-1 really felt right in my hands and for sure it is built very solid, but the specs... ohh man... (last century-video, slow)otherwise i would say, sell your K-1 to me.

The K-5II kicked me back to pentax land, because at the time released it was nearly en par with all the other APS-C flagships and i know there will also be another worthy FF amigo next to the K-1,
but for gods sake i hope they see their failures and concentrate on the core specs of a camera of today instead of wheels and moonlanders.

so the bottom line of all my blabbering here is this:
I really feel you. I know that there are drawbacks in pentaxland... but if I know one thing for sure, it is this:
Hopping from one brand to the other doesnt make you a better photographer.
If RICOH will talk more with the people then this can solve the problem.

I'm thinking about 35 \ 1.4 art

I would like that RICOH concluded an alliance on art - lenses for PENTAX

I want to know the exact delivery dates of the new DFA ... RICOH must learn from Fujifilm

Prices for PENTAX in Russia are just awfully high ((... This is the "myth" that in Russia live the current wealthy people

08-20-2017, 02:50 AM   #594
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 11,033
An "alliance on art - lenses" with Sigma makes little sense for Pentax, I'm afraid. The 35mm Art is available also for K-mount, it wouldn't work at all to offer the exact same thing but with another label, and more expensive; the D FA* 50mm is too advanced to be scrapped. The D FA* 85mm f/1.4 probably it's nearing completion, too.
And anyway, IMO Pentax should strive to offer better lenses than those Sigmas.

They're not telling us the exact delivery dates because they don't know them. It's not like you can estimate every development step precisely, foresee every circumstance, have absolutely no unknown factor; as an example, they had to postpone and rework on the D FA* 70-200's mechanics to fix an unexpected issue.

Besides, Fujifilm isn't telling the exact delivery dates on their roadmaps, see the most recent (?) one:
Fujifilm unveils the latest development roadmap for interchangeable lenses for the X Series digital cameras. | Fujifilm Global
They're giving the lens' full name (with focal length and aperture), only for lenses to be launched in the same year - the MKs being already launched for Sony E at that time - and no exact launch date. The 2018 lenses are as vaguely described as on a Pentax lens roadmap, and... "Product specifications are subject to change.". Yep, their roadmap is not absolute either.
Please don't assume that Fujifilm "must" be better than Pentax, and check the facts.
08-20-2017, 03:12 AM   #595
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,200
Actually, we should be happy that Pentax has no up to date 1.4/85 or a high-end 1.4/50 in their lineup. That allows them to mention developement of such lenses without killing sales of existing lenses.This is rather different from the Canon, Nikon, Sigma situation where more generations of such lenses are available.

Better lenses than Sigma... currently no one can easily match the performance of the Sigma Art series especially not at the price point. Different AF, weather sealing ... would differentiate a Pentax lens maybe, but if you define better by optical performance, it will be difficult to even match Sigam Art.
Questions is: would Pentax want their most expensive, most prestigious and most advanced lenses to come from Sigma? Would Sigma go for it. The idea of a Pentax branded weather sealed art series is very appealing, but I don't see it happen.
08-20-2017, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #596
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,865
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
And I am also convinced that the Optical Stabilization IN LENS is far more superior to what the SR can offer. AT FOCAL LENGTHS LONGER THEN 135MM . PERIOD.
You say that because you want to negate Pentax. But please, take the time to think twice.

1) Consider an optically stabilized lens with floating optical element located at the nodal point of the lens, if the lens rotates in the vertical plane around the nodal point of the of the lens, the floating lens element will not move and the image motion projected on the sensor won't be corrected by any amount.
2) Consider a sensor stabilized DSLR with a same long lens non optically stabilized, if the camera system rotate in the vertical plane and around the sensor point, the sensor will not move and the image motion will not be corrected.

Both optical stabilization and sensor stabilization are single point that don't correct for tilt, they only correct for shift, thus, as far as image stabilization is concerned there isn't any fundamental difference between sensor stab. and optical stab.

Now with regards to AF performance, yes, where the stabilisation is done is key to AF performance. If the AF sensor is on the image sensor, it makes sensor that the image sensor is stabilized, and if the AF sensor is a phase detect sensor of a DSLR, it make more sense that the lens is stabilized.

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
I always miss that "frozen framing" feeling when i pick up the DFA 150-450 and start shooting...
Yes, that's what you see in the viewfinder, it has nothing to do with what the sensor sees. Do an experiment with Pentax, switch to LV mode and see if the image is not stabilized.

---------- Post added 20-08-17 at 12:35 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
> looking at Nikons G lens pendant with same reach and f-stop, one can say, that nikon offers better rendition, better AF plus in-lens-stabilizer for the same price as the pentax lens(and also weather sealing since its a G-signed lens)
All you are saying is that you have chosen Pentax knowing that other system is better. Do you often make this kind of decisions? :-)

---------- Post added 20-08-17 at 12:39 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
maybe i didnt because i am just too lazy for a selloff... .
...and...
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
i really love the Pentax K-1 body design
08-20-2017, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #597
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 11,033
Hard work is never easy but I believe Pentax can match, even surpass the image offered by Sigma Art lenses. I'm not talking exclusively about resolution charts, but even there, not all the Sigmas are "perfect".
What I can't agree with, is the "at the price point" - this is apples and oranges, 3rd-party and OEM.

Nope, I agree, Pentax would not want their prestige lenses to come from Sigma (nor Tamron).
08-20-2017, 05:04 AM - 2 Likes   #598
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,117
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Hard work is never easy but I believe Pentax can match, even surpass the image offered by Sigma Art lenses. I'm not talking exclusively about resolution charts, but even there, not all the Sigmas are "perfect".
What I can't agree with, is the "at the price point" - this is apples and oranges, 3rd-party and OEM.
Sigma Art is the real optical high end now. In all aspects. It's hard to beat Arts in terms of resolution.
What will you say if Ricoh knock itself out?
08-20-2017, 05:23 AM   #599
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,263
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Sigma Art is the real optical high end now. In all aspects. It's hard to beat Arts in terms of resolution.
What will you say if Ricoh knock itself out?

Thankfully it is easy to beat most Sigma Art lens in K-mountability
08-20-2017, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #600
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 11,033
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Sigma Art is the real optical high end now. In all aspects. It's hard to beat Arts in terms of resolution.
What will you say if Ricoh knock itself out?
According to Photozone, the Sigma Art 20mm and 24mm are quite weak in the corners, unless stopped down. That is understandable, as making fast ultra wide-angle SLR lenses is not easy. However, it should also help us realize that Sigma Art lenses are neither perfect, nor magical - they're simply high-end lenses, which is precisely what Pentax is targeting with the new D FA* line.
Oh, and they're not weathersealed either... were you saying something about "in all aspects"?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, choice, company, d-fa* 85mm f1.4, day, designers, f1.4, f2.8, ff lens, filters, future, google, lens, lenses, light, macro, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, production, quality, release, roadmap, schedule, sign, thursday, wa
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: FA* 85mm F1.4 SOLD!!! Cambo Sold Items 2 04-29-2016 01:11 PM
FA*85mm f1.4 and FA*28-70mm f2.8 on Gumtree Australia Des Pentax Price Watch 7 01-25-2016 04:27 PM
Lens Tournament: FA* 85mm F1.4 vs A* 85mm F1.4 Adam Pentax Forums Giveaways 5 10-23-2014 10:47 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top