Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 905 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #1036
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whoever owns the Vision at Ricoh Imaging should stand up and repeatedly tell the world that Vision, backed up with the products to realize it.

Of course, if there isn’t a Vision - or no one owns it - that’s a problem.

10-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #1037
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Pentax today, dont have any product that make it stand out of the competition
Except for the DA Limiteds,
and except for the Q system,
and except for the 645Z,
and except for the Theta, . . .

And then there's this:
?????????????????? | RICOH IMAGING
10-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #1038
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Except for the DA Limiteds,
and except for the Q system,
and except for the 645Z,
and except for the Theta, . . .

And then there's this:
?????????????????? | RICOH IMAGING
New M3/4 can compete in the small format lenses of the DA

Q system is basically dead, and M3/4 cameras are an option

Fujifilm bring a new competitor with the GFX, expensier than the 645, but mirrorles smaller and shinier lenses, other players as PhaseOne have their own niche and priced accordingly, maybe in the medium term 645+GFX make them change

Theta, is for now, the jewel crown, but the market is reacting, as Nikon, Kodak, GoPro and others are copying the format, i hope Ricoh can bring better and new hardware and software to maintain the top

And WTF Is that thing? Is to copy negatives or something?

Regardless of me sounding too negative, im a Pentax user, and i want Ricoh/Pentax to make it, but yeah, the lack of new info regarding new lenses, third parties software make dents in the faith of the brand... still waiting a 20mm, 85mm, 135mm and the 200 macro primes tough.

10-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #1039
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dude.

10-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #1040
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
The time when you can do that, release a product out of nowhere and expect selling them is over, at least for Pentax, they dont have the users base to do that.
My opinion is different.
10-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #1041
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My opinion is different.
And i hope youre the one who is right...

10-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #1042
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Tick Tock, Year of the Prime....3 calender months to go!
6 fiscal months!

ALL who wait will be happy but probably not with the price.

Once again, i'll say??? that the release could be sensational,get your piggy banks ready!

10-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #1043
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the lenses are coming, but I suppose we can't be blamed if we are somewhat impatient. It felt like after Ricoh took over there was a steady stream of products coming out and then the last year and a half the only thing we have for k mount is the KP? Two lenses a year would be my hope, but maybe that's too much to ask for.

At the same time, if the lenses are good quality, then maybe all will be forgotten.

With regard to the DA *55, yes, it is a decent lens and I use it in full frame mode all of the time, but it is a really slower focuser and my hope would be that the DFA *50 would have a zippier motor in it that could be more useful as a walk around lens. 55mm on APS-C is just a different animal than on full frame. On full frame it isn't particularly a portrait lens (which it is on crop) and so you want to be able to focus a little faster to keep up with a little action. That isn't necessary if you are just shooting portraits.
10-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #1044
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
if the lenses are good quality, then
THEN, the wait is worth it!

The quality will be 5***** no doubt about that....RI will present exceptional glass because they have to.

I expect a surprise or 2.
10-01-2017, 03:38 PM - 4 Likes   #1045
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking if that's what you think I said.

I'm starting to wish Pentax never announced anything. With all the little kids in the back seat chanting "when is it going to get here", it's just not worth it. They should go the Apple route. Announce it when it's ready to go. Fire anyone who gives anyone a heads up.

Y'all are talking out of both sides of your mouths. You're criticizing Pentax for not releasing enough information, then when they have released some information , you're peeing your pants because you can't wait for what's coming.

It's exactly because of this kind of nonsense that most corporations don't even publish a roadmap.

The little kids of the world have no patience.

I guess the fact that Pentax have engineers going to work everyday getting these products ready for production doesn't matter to you folks. All you can think is "when will it be done." And then you'll still be whining about it being too expensive and go one whining about Sigma glass, when a $300 used camera would enable you to buy and use all the Sigma glass you so desire.

Anyone who claims they want Sigma glass but that can't buy a used 7200, 6D or whatever, to use it is full of it. Please, a little big picture perspective here. You can have what you want, and it doesn't have to be with Pentax, just go buy what you want.Stop filling the forum with your negative posts. I've been a Pentax user my whole life, but only because they have always met my needs. If they don't meet yours, you are a fool for sticking with them.

We all know that when Pentax releases these lenses, none of you guys are going to buy. Just the fact that you are looking at Sigma glass means you don't want to pay Pentax prices.

In my experience Sigma produces some lenses that if you are a heavy user will need repair within 5 years and will be dead within 10. They may be better now than they were, but that's not a gamble I'm willing to take. Sigma deliberately designs product to sell for less than OEM. That means producing to lower standards than OEM suppliers.

Of my Sigma lenses, The 70-300 is damaged and not worth fixing, my 18-250 became decentered, was sent to Sigma of repair and came back as decnetered as it was when I sent it to them, my Sigma 8-16 and 70 macro are still functional.

Every Pentax lens I have including my F 70-210 now 30 years old, are still completely functional. To my mind, buying a Sigma lens is more like renting than buying. I can't find out how much my 70-210 will cost me per year (right now it's $5 and going down) because it's not dead. My 70-300 cost me $30 a year, and my 18-250 cost me $133 a year. IN the end, they are the most expensive lenses I've owned, even though they were cheaper when I bought them. SO stop all this "I have to have Sigma lenses" nonsense. They are truly a mixed blessing.

But then I'm talking about real world experience with real lenses, not some "How I imagine the world to be" nonsense.
Please, tell us how you really feel, norm. Go on... don't be shy..

I'm not sure my comment warranted such a crude and long winded diatribe of a response. You tend to brute force your opinion as the only way forward, and get your undies in a knot when someone else has a different point of view. Then you belittle any difference of opinion to attempt to further shrink the other views. You did it again just now.

If your 70-300 works for you, go use it; If your lenses and your camera are satisfying your needs, then why are you in the news and rumors section with such a strong, forceful opinion of others who do not? You don't even seem to have a horse in this race.
10-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #1046
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I expect a surprise or 2.
Updated lenses are never put on the roadmap. We could see some updated lenses with new lens designs released at the same time. Ricoh won't put updated lenses on the roadmap because it would cause the value of the existing model lens to drop and people would hold off on buying until the updated version was released. We could see re-designed Limited glass released at the same time as the D-FA* 50mm.

Its pretty hard to believe it is taking this long to just produce a single lens. They have to be working on multiple projects.
10-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #1047
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
They have to be working on multiple projects.
Yes, thats my guess....possibly the 35/50/85 may come along together.I'll be surprised if the DFA primes(its THEIR year!)come along singularly....
10-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #1048

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
Nobody wants to talk about the 85 anymore?
no!

didnt you read the title?

it clearly states, that this thread is only about how we find a "steve jobs kind o guy"
and let him save pentax which is actually doomed forever. (pentaxians = very bad people -> WALL)
10-02-2017, 01:50 AM   #1049
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
pentax which is actually doomed
kinda guessed that
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
forever
10-02-2017, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #1050
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Its pretty hard to believe it is taking this long to just produce a single lens. They have to be working on multiple projects.
The was a new CEO appointed in troubled times.
I bet his first move was to simply stop all investment projects and then only release them one by one after serious checking.
From what we heard multiple lenses were planned to appear much earlier this year. It all got halted.
You will be lucky if you get the one lens this year. It is at least a lost year for the ones who wait for products (which is at least silly to begin with).

Maybe everybody was ordered to stop working on PK and invent a new mount? Or a new GR? Or Theta?

In the end it is about the one area where nobody on any forum ever had even a minor clue: what drives profitability for camera makers? Only they know. And given the fact that they all together did not perform well in recent years means that even with much better data they are not necessarily doing smart things.

I say 50/50 that no new lenses appear in 2017.
Closed Thread