Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #1216
Veteran Member
eurostar's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Albareto, Italy
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 821
Lens mount/sensor module for smartphone. Is the logical evolution of the GXR.

10-20-2017, 07:32 AM - 2 Likes   #1217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ffking's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Poole
Posts: 3,809
there seems to be a flurry of new members at the moment - they must know what's coming, even if we don't!
10-20-2017, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #1218
Pentaxian
photoptimist's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,639
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
there seems to be a flurry of new members at the moment - they must know what's coming, even if we don't!
Indeed!

They seem to know that Pentax makes some darn fine cameras despite the doom-and-gloom mutterings of Pentax-pessimists.
10-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #1219
Veteran Member
virusn3t's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 630
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Lens mount/sensor module for smartphone. Is the logical evolution of the GXR.
Lenovo/Motorola sensor module (Moto Z) were pretty much a failure with very little users, i doubt Ricoh would want to go in the same direction.

If something we dont expect is 4k vídeo, they may surprise us with capable video as the CEOs say that was something they were studyng



10-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #1220
Pentaxian
CarlJF's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 974
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
A week or so...

That's PhotoPlus Expo in New York: 25-28 October.
Hummm, Halloween week end... Maybe the pentax representatives will be in some kind of DFA85 and DFA50 disguises giving treats to people visiting their stand ? This will be unprecedented and never seen before!
10-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #1221
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,590
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Lenovo/Motorola sensor module (Moto Z) were pretty much a failure with very little users, i doubt Ricoh would want to go in the same direction.
Same for LG btw.
And I doubt Sony's are DXO's versions did sell much better.
10-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #1222
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter
LensBeginner's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,474
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
Hummm, Halloween week end... Maybe the pentax representatives will be in some kind of DFA85 and DFA50 disguises giving treats to people visiting their stand ? This will be unprecedented and never seen before!
...and playing tricks to those who don't...
10-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #1223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 154
Pentax reps will be demoing the K1 at my local camera shop this weekend. Does anyone think they will know/share any new info on upcoming lenses?

10-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #1224
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,993
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregor Quote
Pentax reps will be demoing the K1 at my local camera shop this weekend. Does anyone think they will know/share any new info on upcoming lenses?
Don’t bet on that. They might not even know*


* Does Pentax even have reps any more or are they all contract Brand brokers.
10-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #1225
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 30,524
This thread is becoming the "Why I won't buy a K-3" for people who are a little more camera oriented.

We need a rule, no talking about beer or food, or especially bacon.
10-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #1226
Pentaxian
photoptimist's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,639
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
This thread is becoming the "Why I won't buy a K-3" for people who are a little more camera oriented.

We need a rule, no talking about beer or food, or especially bacon.
I'm hoping the new 85/1.4 will be able to gather so much sunlight that it can fry bacon.

How many SMUs high do we think it will be?

And will it be be as big as a large can of Fosters?

10-20-2017, 11:09 AM - 2 Likes   #1227
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nevada, USA
Posts: 494
Ceiling fan, but it will only be available at the U.S. Ricoh webstore.
10-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #1228
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,534
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Ceiling fan, but it will only be available at the U.S. Ricoh webstore.


hahaha a classic.
10-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #1229
Pentaxian
c.a.m's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,335
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Ceiling fan, but it will only be available at the U.S. Ricoh webstore.
Oh man, that's funny. Well done. I had forgotten about that one.
10-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #1230
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,200
Since Pentax will not all necessary lenses together in the near future, Sigma Pentax cooperation would solve all lens issues - not in the best way, but in a fast and very interesting way.
Sigma needs cameras, Pentax needs lenses. All you lens wishes would come true in an instant.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, choice, company, d-fa* 85mm f1.4, day, designers, f1.4, f2.8, ff lens, filters, future, google, lens, lenses, light, macro, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, production, quality, release, roadmap, schedule, sign, thursday, wa
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: FA* 85mm F1.4 SOLD!!! Cambo Sold Items 2 04-29-2016 01:11 PM
FA*85mm f1.4 and FA*28-70mm f2.8 on Gumtree Australia Des Pentax Price Watch 7 01-25-2016 04:27 PM
Lens Tournament: FA* 85mm F1.4 vs A* 85mm F1.4 Adam Pentax Forums Giveaways 5 10-23-2014 10:47 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top