Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 905 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Are all the compact primes gone? I se 4-5 in my bag.
a bit off topic, but i was wondering what lenses you do use for work besides the "holy f2.8 trinity".

Most likely yes
GREEEEEAT !

02-23-2017, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ColiNiloK Quote
Hopefully the DFA* 85mm f1.4 will come soonish.
Ricoh does nothing "soonish"

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I expect the Pentax lens will be closer to the Nikon price than the Sigma price
Yeah. Its probably going to be a $1,600 lens

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Note that the ultra-wide angle lens has lost its former "Large Aperture" designation and is a D FA whilst the wide angle lens is now a "Large Aperture" lens and a D FA★. This is probably why the wide angle lens, formerly shown as the first to be launched, will now, in all likelihood, be preceded by the D FA★ 50mm f/1.4 and D FA★ 85mm f/1.4.
I noticed that. I had hoped that we would see a D-FA* 24mm first.
02-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
That's why I chose the brand in the eighties, and that has been a reason to stay.

80.... that is prehistory in terms of technology advancement....
02-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
You are scaring me ...

Probably accurate though. In five years time we will all laugh at 36MP sensors as a primitive technology joke.
100MP sensor allows for 4 pixel binning to produce a 25MP image with all the advantages of pixel shift in a single exposure. Sony will probably release their 100MP (BSI) 645 crop sensor in the next two years. That will produce a 77MP FF BSI sensor.

A Fuji exec. who was giving an interview on the GFX lenses discussed designing lenses for the 100MP Sony sensor.

02-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A quick question for those who have been following Pentax over the years -- are teleconverters something that would appear on the roadmap before happening or is it possible for them to be done without being on the roadmap?
02-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #51
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
100MP sensor allows for 4 pixel binning to produce a 25MP image with all the advantages of pixel shift in a single exposure. Sony will probably release their 100MP (BSI) 645 crop sensor in the next two years. That will produce a 77MP FF BSI sensor.

A Fuji exec. who was giving an interview on the GFX lenses discussed designing lenses for the 100MP Sony sensor.

That's great and all.. except for storage. I'm not so sure I want 100MP or even 77MP files. More processing overhead and a ton more storage overhead. We all need to buy stock in storage drive manufacturers.
02-23-2017, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is it sad that that I'm kind of disappointed pentax didn't something quirky with their primes? Like f/1.2 or 1:1 focusing or...stealing nikon's defocus control idea which nikon has abandoned.

I have absolute faith that the lens optics will be top notch but that's kind of assumed with new lenses.

02-23-2017, 08:20 AM - 2 Likes   #53
Pentaxian

As i said earlier, 2017 is the year of the primes..and the future is bright (F-stop bright)

And to add to the never-ending discussion about size..I have never said its wrong if you like the small and compact stuff..Good for you..But these new badboys are needed in so many ways..Not only to meet the marked, but more important, they are made to get the best out of the amazing sensor in K-1 and future cameras So dont waste anymore energy arguing why this isnt needed because we have the good old ones...
Even old lightweight die hards like me will want to have one of these new 1.4 lenses. After all,1.4 light levels are a thing, and you want to give yourself a chance for everything. Maybe I only have one, maybe a pro will buy them all, but the point is, having the 85, the 50 and a WA large aperture lens, will give me some choice as to what i want as my emergency low light option. The more choice, the more likely you end up with a lens you'll use.

There is nothing in this world that could pry my FA 50 macro out of my hands. But would I like a nice 1.4 to compliment it? Who wouldn't?

The fact that I like the macro, doesn't mean I won't like the 50 1.4. I can like both. And why would you want a new (more expensive) version of the 3 amigos, when the old ones still do what they always did?

I really don't care to see Pentax redoing things they've already done. There's no do overs. Those lenses were designed by the designers of the day featuring the best tech of the day. Today's lenses should be today's designers who are up to date on what's possible with today's technology. The 31, 43 and 77 will always be there. Although I doubt they are still manufauring the glass. It's more likely they are assembling pre-produced lenses and when they are gone they're gone.

---------- Post added 02-23-17 at 10:39 AM ----------

. I had hoped that we would see a D-FA* 24mm first.
No kidding, this is a "field" camera. How does one have a field camera with no modern WA prime?

Last edited by normhead; 02-23-2017 at 08:36 AM.
02-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #54
Banned

Photos: Gallery

Yeah. Its probably going to be a $1,600 lens
Maybe we will see the 85mm lens this year. Who knows......

On price.... I was thinking 2499 euro.....
02-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Even more exciting (to me at least) is the fact that they added "large aperture" to the "wide angle single focus" lens. It will be incredible to have a (hopefully) silent focus WR 1.4 30-35mm.
02-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jab2980 Quote
Even more exciting (to me at least) is the fact that they added "large aperture" to the "wide angle single focus" lens. It will be incredible to have a (hopefully) silent focus WR 1.4 30-35mm.
I'm thinking probably closer to 28-45mm, but this would be a really useful lens to have, especially at f/1.4 or f/1.8.
02-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
a bit off topic, but i was wondering what lenses you do use for work besides the "holy f2.8 trinity".
Depends on the work. In studio and on locations i can also use 31LTD a lot..same with 100 macro and the 200..So the 2 new 1.4 will be most welcome here! but on concerts i can use Samyang (Rokinon) 12mm fisheye too.

---------- Post added 02-23-17 at 05:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Even old lightweight die hards like me will want to have one of these new 1.4 lenses. After all,1.4 light levels are a thing, and you want to give yourself a chance for everything. Maybe I only have one, maybe a pro will buy them all, but the point is, having the 85, the 50 and a WA large aperture lens, will give me some choice as to what i want as my emergency low light option. The more choice, the more likely you end up with a lens you'll use.

There is nothing in this world that could pry my FA 50 macro out of my hands. But would I like a nice 1.4 to compliment it? Who wouldn't?

The fact that I like the macro, doesn't mean I won't like the 50 1.4. I can like both. And why would you want a new (more expensive) version of the 3 amigos, when the old ones still do what they always did?

I really don't care to see Pentax redoing things they've already done. There's no do overs. Those lenses were designed by the designers of the day featuring the best tech of the day. Today's lenses should be today's designers who are up to date on what's possible with today's technology. The 31, 43 and 77 will always be there. Although I doubt they are still manufauring the glass. It's more likely they are assembling pre-produced lenses and when they are gone they're gone.[COLOR="Silver"]
Wise words
02-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
I'm thinking probably closer to 28-45mm, but this would be a really useful lens to have, especially at f/1.4 or f/1.8.
Anything in that range would be nice, but I honestly cant see them putting out anything but a D-FA or D-FA* 35mm 1.4 at this point.
02-23-2017, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
A quick question for those who have been following Pentax over the years -- are teleconverters something that would appear on the roadmap before happening or is it possible for them to be done without being on the roadmap?
Yes
02-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yes
... hmmmm ... your "Yes" is for which question exactly?
Closed Thread