Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2017, 06:39 AM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
It's just sad because no one does compact primes for FF if Pentax doesn't.
Pentax does compact Primes for FF, and will continue so to do. They're actually in production and people buy them every day.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-24-2017 at 06:44 AM.
02-24-2017, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Originally posted by RonHendriks1966
This 85mm lens is for summer 2018, so don't get to excited. That means if Ricoh is still in the camera business by that time.

Nice trolling- back to form, Ron!

Although I share Clackers take on this, it has to be said that the slow pace of delivery is excruciating for those of us - the vast majority - who know what Pentax lens designers are capable of and who want the brand to regain its reputation. The 70-200 convinces m that these lenses will be stellar, and though I personally have no money left for them at the moment, Pentax really needs them - and it needs to accelerate the momentum when people like Sigma are showing four new lenses at a time. I know all the common sense arguments about Pentax being small and that their strategy is well worked out and careful, but it's hard not to give into the emotional side sometimes hen none of us is getting any younger and we want this kit while we can still carry it ;D
02-24-2017, 07:29 AM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice trolling- back to form, Ron!

Will you have started taking pictures again by then, or is it all still too painful watching everyone else have a great time?
My sympathies are with Ron. It's a difficult job but someone has to do it. Besides, contrarian thinking is welcome when 101 posts all point another way but also recycle the same opinions between them - too much received wisdom thinking.

It's OK to ask whether issuing a new prime lens the size of a small badger and costing more than 1000 bucks is the only way of the future. It could be, but what is the merit in being the same as everyone else? Bear in mind that we are talking about only a partial image of the camera scene here - the traditional big-bodied, big-lensed DSLR. That may or may not have an important role in the future of photography but it is far from the whole picture. One-third or so of the Ricoh stand at CP+ is signed to the Pentax KP, another kind of future. How quickly everyone has forgotten it, but vastly more people will continue to use a camera like the KP or stablemates than are likely ever to use an FF DSLR.

Last edited by mecrox; 02-24-2017 at 07:37 AM.
02-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #139
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
It's a difficult job but someone has to do it.
Actually, no.

02-24-2017, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #140
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My sympathies are with Ron. It's a difficult job but someone has to do it. Besides, contrarian thinking is welcome
"Contrarian"?

Bless your cotton socks, Gary, but IMHO you're pinning a medal on a self-confessed troublemaker.

02-24-2017, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #141
Pentaxian

Will you have started taking pictures again by then, or is it all still too painful watching everyone else have a great time?
he has to buy a camera first, the only one he has now is the one in his phone
02-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My sympathies are with Ron. It's a difficult job but someone has to do it. Besides, contrarian thinking is welcome when 101 posts all point another way but also recycle the same opinions between them - too much received wisdom thinking.

It's OK to ask whether issuing a new prime lens the size of a small badger and costing more than 1000 bucks is the only way of the future. It could be, but what is the merit in being the same as everyone else? Bear in mind that we are talking about only a partial image of the camera scene here - the traditional big-bodied, big-lensed DSLR. That may or may not have an important role in the future of photography but it is far from the whole picture. One-third or so of the Ricoh stand at CP+ is signed to the Pentax KP, another kind of future. How quickly everyone has forgotten it, but vastly more people will continue to use a camera like the KP or stablemates than are likely ever to use an FF DSLR.
I would like to see the glass sooner rather than later. I just know that if the make the roll out of an individual lens or camera body a flop because it isn't really ready, then that's a problem that they won't live down quickly.

At the same time, we do have 15-450mm covered pretty decently with f2.8 zooms and primes in the 31/43/50/77/100/200/300 range currently that are at the very least decent. The question has more to do with how long it takes to have lenses that are a little better wide open.

02-24-2017, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #143
Banned

When you want to attract new customers that don't have any current Pentax gear then you need to deliver. With the K-1 there is a nice line of lenses in shops now. It is missing some things and it isn't the biggest spread in lens choice for a fullframe dslr. So these teaser about development of new lenses maybe get Pentaxians excited......but for outsiders this is not so impressive. This just means, go on and walk by, nothing to buy over here.
02-24-2017, 09:05 AM - 2 Likes   #144
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Indeed. So they may likely re badge someones.
Again? What's with those rebadge conspiracy theories?
02-24-2017, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #145
Veteran Member

Yes, Ron....

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This 85mm lens is for summer 2018, so don't get to excited. That means if Ricoh is still in the camera business by that time.
...with the 50 and 85mm F1.4 full frame lenses, this is PROOF POSITIVE that Pentax is doomed....DOOMED!!!

Sell everything NOW before it's too late!

Jeez, Ron, you used to be SUCH an enthusiastic fanboy...what happened???!! Cheer up, old bean!

Cheers,
Cameron
02-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #146
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
When you want to attract new customers that don't have any current Pentax gear then you need to deliver. With the K-1 there is a nice line of lenses in shops now. It is missing some things and it isn't the biggest spread in lens choice for a fullframe dslr. So these teaser about development of new lenses maybe get Pentaxians excited......but for outsiders this is not so impressive. This just means, go on and walk by, nothing to buy over here.
Well, Ron, just walk on by.
02-24-2017, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #147
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Indeed. So they may likely re badge someones.
I guess it's time for Iron Maiden, again:
02-24-2017, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I guess it's time for Iron Maiden, again:
Iron Maiden - No More Lies - YouTube
02-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #149
Veteran Member

Where's the APS-C roadmap?
Am I the only one left who isn't excited about FF?

Don't get me wrong, these lenses look fantastic!
But their price is going to be hard to justify for APS-C usage...
02-24-2017, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Where's the APS-C roadmap?
Am I the only one left who isn't excited about FF?

Don't get me wrong, these lenses look fantastic!
But their price is going to be hard to justify for APS-C usage...
Is there a particular lens (or lenses) that you're looking for?

I'm sticking with APS-C, and am mostly satisfied with what I have or can potentially obtain.
Closed Thread