Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #646
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by al260 Quote
I unfortunately have a "Diabetes" for this reason, I do not drink alcohol, I follow a diet, I get to save on my Photo of hobbies, for what else do I have to live for?
More power to you!

It can be an expensive hobby, but a thoughtful, creative one too that gives us so many hours of pleasure.

And it need not cost much, either. You could travel the world shooting with just a K-x and 16-45mm f4.

Last edited by clackers; 08-21-2017 at 04:48 PM.
08-21-2017, 02:50 PM - 2 Likes   #647
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just to be sure I understand: Assert - Pentax K-1 and recent fast D FA lenses have 95% or more of the capability of the absolute best available individually comparable product AFA producing final images (AF BS Forum noise and Video Forum noise is just noise).

So, for $8,500 I can buy a FF camera that equals the best ever tested, plus zoom lenses ranging from 95% of to 100% of the best ever tested covering 15mm to 450mm - and that's not good enough.

Riiiiiiiiggght
08-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #648

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
And the Nikon price for the camera you describe will be double the K-1 price!
I think you are comparing apples and oranges, so...

...no not exactly. - > substract 400 Dollars from double the price of a K-1 body only and you are in Nikon Pro-Land
with a Nikon D850 that offers... just more ... in every way. even resolution...

And just that is the reason why i wont buy it. The price for the D850 is absolutely moderate looking at what it offers.
I said i could easily live with 24mp... so it(the imaginative camera from nikon that nearly has the specs i want) certainly would not/will not (D760) have double the price of a K-1... i guess rather app. 500 to 1000 bucks more. -
anyway i dont know where you want to point at, 'cause the deal is i want a Pentax FF with better AF-tech then the actual K-1(also faster framerates), the grip and feel of a K-5II(ease of design- NO wheels with redundant func.)and maybe a TiltNSwivel-Display...
and even if the usual suspects come again and complain about this posting here with the usual sophism, I am pretty darn sure, that loads of people,
that have a connection to their PENTAX brand and loved their K-3 and K-5IIs for what they offered at the time they appeared on the market,
would stand in line to buy such a DSLR ... like... tomorrow.

and since i am more of a (dont scrapbook me again pls, thats a dm) scrooge guy, I wont complain about its price because it offers performance for the dollars.

FYI, I am a huge Pentax-Fan and started out with the ESII.

Admittedly IQ on the K-1 is pretty darn good, given the resolution, what makes me gnash my teeth when i think about how much clearer and more appealing the pix could look like with a 24MP sensor that is calibrated in the same way they did it with the 36MP-Sen. Despite the fact that the burst mode would be longer and faster with lower res.

i hope you know where I want to point at - if not: your next post will be self-explanatory without reading its content.

next:
When you quote,... dont "pick and poke" ... thats like cutting together an audio tape for false evidence...

---------- Post added 08-27-17 at 07:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I doubt that Sigma Art will be in K-mount.
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Pentax DSLR Cameras

Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Pentax DSLR Cameras 340109

Last edited by camyum; 08-27-2017 at 07:07 AM.
08-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #649
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
substract 400 Dollars from double the price of a K-1 body only and you are in Nikon Pro-Land
with a Nikon D850 that offers... just more ... in every way. even resolution
3300 plus grip,plus another battery plus charger....then YOU are in Nikon PRO land!

Add that up.

08-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #650
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by al260 Quote
You see bad! Once again I will repeat .. DFA 24-70 \ 2.8 The average lens, I owned it! I say that for FF there is no choice! I have 5dm3 + Canon 24-70 \ 2.8 (1) do not blindly defend your favorite brand, I only ask that Pentax quickly release a large selection of lenses for FF.
Why ask for something that won't appear overnight, and whine about it ? Go with Canon, get what you need, be happy instead !

---------- Post added 27th Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What interests me is the absolute radio silence of @asahi man since 06/24 (*35) and @kenspo (more than one, can't say more) since 07/18.
Same here. Desperatly looking for post from them
08-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #651
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
@asahi man
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
@kenspo
RI have muted them, they want to spring a Big surprise on us....so no more snippets of Info till then!
08-27-2017, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #652
Pentaxian

Both Kenspo and Asashiman got locked in very dark room, surrounded by not very dressed Ricoh hostesses armed with whips fed only sushi and sake... Poor guys

08-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #653
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
I am a huge Pentax-Fan and started out with the ESII.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/data/5/Spotmatic_pf.jpg

this is the first pentax i used....FYI.
08-27-2017, 03:18 PM - 4 Likes   #654
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This sort of thread is frustrating because it is talking about a lens that doesn't exist yet -- not even a prototype, as far as we know. In addition there are folks showing up to slag existent Pentax lenses.

Are Pentax lenses the greatest ever? Probably not. There are certainly some lenses that slip through their quality control as well. That said, if someone tells me that they struggle to make good images with a K-1 and the DFA f2.8 zooms, I am afraid that I am going to question their skills as a photographer more than the lenses they are talking about. Lenses are just pieces of glass. Each one has some weaknesses and some strengths, but in the end, it is up to the photographer to make the most of them.
08-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #655
Pentaxian

2018 will be another year of the prime for this lens
08-27-2017, 11:20 PM - 1 Like   #656
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
year of the prime
Whichever year it is?...this calender year/Japenese fin/year....the DFA primes will be spectacular.....***** QUALITY!

Like the wait for the K-1,when the primes come it'll be worth the weight/WAIT and the cost.
08-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #657
Pentaxian

I wonder if any of those who mockingly talk about "the year of the prime" would buy at least one D FA*.
08-27-2017, 11:53 PM   #658
Pentaxian

if this lens ever comes out, I hope I can afford it. I also hope for the remake of old APS-C primes making them WR.
08-28-2017, 03:15 AM   #659
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
if this lens ever comes out, I hope I can afford it. I also hope for the remake of old APS-C primes making them WR.

We can only hope, prices are going north, might as well, keep shooting on what we have.

I totally agree on making some of their existing apsc primes WR. But the 20-40 would like to cover most seats.
08-28-2017, 04:17 AM   #660
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At first I was thinking, why rework old lenses, when new ones could use that engineering time and cost instead? But then I wondered to myself, just how many gaskets could it really take to make the 40XS into a 40XS WR? Two? Three? So maybe there's some logic to this after all...
Closed Thread