Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 905 Likes Search this Thread
09-30-2017, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #1021
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Do you know Elon ?
He cant be located, hes on a top secret assignment to make sure Digitalis has enough power to turn his Puta on!

I have it(top secret info)...that hes building the world biggest battery and has only given himself a coupla months to do it.

It'll power the Southern part of Australia....

In the case his mission fails, he will be sent to work for nothing in the Desert...no aircon(becausethe power wont be turned on due to his battery, not being ready)

So, in summary...hes been eating CROW!

09-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #1022
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I don't know why Sigma doesn't drop a thousand 85 Art's in k-mount as a staged 'accident' to see how much of this market they can steal ahead of the Pentax 85. Same with their 20 Art.
An interesting suggestion. A production run of 1000 units per lens would only mean a few days factory time for Sigma, and they probably have all the engineering done for such K-mount designs.

But I suspect Sigma might only do such a thing if they were having a slow sales period in Canon and Nikon mount lenses, and needed to scratch around for some more revenue. But at the moment, it seems they have no trouble selling every Art series lens they can make in Canon and Nikon. So why bother with Pentax?
10-01-2017, 12:38 AM   #1023
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
An interesting suggestion. A production run of 1000 units per lens would only mean a few days factory time for Sigma, and they probably have all the engineering done for such K-mount designs.

But I suspect Sigma might only do such a thing if they were having a slow sales period in Canon and Nikon mount lenses, and needed to scratch around for some more revenue. But at the moment, it seems they have no trouble selling every Art series lens they can make in Canon and Nikon. So why bother with Pentax?
20 ART
85 ART

I would buy them if they are offered in K-mount, sheesh Pentax, where ae the lenses?
10-01-2017, 03:28 AM   #1024
Pentaxian

Ricoh can wait because there are no alternatives apart from the Sigma 35mm 1.4 which was there already before the K-1. The DA* zooms were also announced long before they were launched. The DA* 60-250 F4 first appeared on a roadmap in 2006 (with full designation) to be launched in 2007 but is was finally available spring 2009. Two years extra wait. Let's hope we don't have to wait until 2019.

10-01-2017, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #1025
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ricoh can wait because there are no alternatives apart from the Sigma 35mm 1.4 which was there already before the K-1. The DA* zooms were also announced long before they were launched. The DA* 60-250 F4 first appeared on a roadmap in 2006 (with full designation) to be launched in 2007 but is was finally available spring 2009. Two years extra wait. Let's hope we don't have to wait until 2019.
I hope they wont make us wait, because anyone can just buy other camera brand and start buying those Art lenses or any other 1.4 or 1.2 .

Fuji already bring their medium format, and Ricoh will need to attend that market too

10-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #1026
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I hope they wont make us wait, because anyone can just buy other camera brand and start buying those Art lenses or any other 1.4 or 1.2 .

Fuji already bring their medium format, and Ricoh will need to attend that market too
Anyone can also buy a DA 55 1.4, a 77 1.8 and FA*85 1.4, a 31 1.8. You make it sound like there are no Pentax options. One gets so tired of hearing people chant "Sigma , Sigma , Sigma." Especially if you don't own the DA 55 1.4 or the FA 85 1.4, both lenses owned and well utilized by forum members, don't even go down this path. If you don't make use of what's available for Pentax, you have no business complaining about what isn't.

LeRolls is happily shooting away with his 77 ltd. and FA 85 1.4 while you guys just keep whining away, get on with your lives for grief's sake. It just makes everyone realize, there are those who do, and those who make up excuses for why they don't.

"I didn't buy the 55 1.4 but I have to have the 50 1.4 or 85 1.4", ya right.

If you want a freakin lens buy a freakin lens, it's not Pentax's fault you haven't found something, it's yours.

I'm starting to wish Pentax never announced anything. With all the little kids in the back seat chanting "when is it going to get here", it's just not worth it. They should go the Apple route. Announce it when it's ready to go. Fire anyone who gives anyone a heads up.

Last edited by normhead; 10-01-2017 at 08:33 AM.
10-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #1027
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Anyone can also buy a DA 55 1.4, a 77 1.8 and FA*85 1.4, a 31 1.8. You make it sound like there are no Pentax options. One gets so tired of hearing people chant "Sigma , Sigma , Sigma." Especially if you don't own the DA 55 1.4 or the FA 85 1.4, both lenses owned and well utilized by forum members, don't even go down this path. If you don't make use of what's available for Pentax, you have no business complaining about what isn't.

LeRolls is happily shooting away with his 77 ltd. and FA 85 1.4 while you guys just keep thing away, get on with your lives for grief's sake. It just makes everyone realize, there are those who do, and those who make up excuses for why they don't.
People are happy with their Folgers coffee, how dare anyone want Keurig Green mountain. Just get on with your lives by drinking the Folgers!! Coffee is Coffee.

10-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #1028
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
People are happy with their Folgers coffee, how dare anyone want Keurig Green mountain. Just get on with your lives by drinking the Folgers!! Coffee is Coffee.
Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking if that's what you think I said.

I'm starting to wish Pentax never announced anything. With all the little kids in the back seat chanting "when is it going to get here", it's just not worth it. They should go the Apple route. Announce it when it's ready to go. Fire anyone who gives anyone a heads up.

Y'all are talking out of both sides of your mouths. You're criticizing Pentax for not releasing enough information, then when they have released some information , you're peeing your pants because you can't wait for what's coming.

It's exactly because of this kind of nonsense that most corporations don't even publish a roadmap.

The little kids of the world have no patience.

I guess the fact that Pentax have engineers going to work everyday getting these products ready for production doesn't matter to you folks. All you can think is "when will it be done." And then you'll still be whining about it being too expensive and go one whining about Sigma glass, when a $300 used camera would enable you to buy and use all the Sigma glass you so desire.

Anyone who claims they want Sigma glass but that can't buy a used 7200, 6D or whatever, to use it is full of it. Please, a little big picture perspective here. You can have what you want, and it doesn't have to be with Pentax, just go buy what you want.Stop filling the forum with your negative posts. I've been a Pentax user my whole life, but only because they have always met my needs. If they don't meet yours, you are a fool for sticking with them.

We all know that when Pentax releases these lenses, none of you guys are going to buy. Just the fact that you are looking at Sigma glass means you don't want to pay Pentax prices.

In my experience Sigma produces some lenses that if you are a heavy user will need repair within 5 years and will be dead within 10. They may be better now than they were, but that's not a gamble I'm willing to take. Sigma deliberately designs product to sell for less than OEM. That means producing to lower standards than OEM suppliers.

Of my Sigma lenses, The 70-300 is damaged and not worth fixing, my 18-250 became decentered, was sent to Sigma of repair and came back as decnetered as it was when I sent it to them, my Sigma 8-16 and 70 macro are still functional.

Every Pentax lens I have including my F 70-210 now 30 years old, are still completely functional. To my mind, buying a Sigma lens is more like renting than buying. I can't find out how much my 70-210 will cost me per year (right now it's $5 and going down) because it's not dead. My 70-300 cost me $30 a year, and my 18-250 cost me $133 a year. IN the end, they are the most expensive lenses I've owned, even though they were cheaper when I bought them. SO stop all this "I have to have Sigma lenses" nonsense. They are truly a mixed blessing.

But then I'm talking about real world experience with real lenses, not some "How I imagine the world to be" nonsense.

Last edited by normhead; 10-01-2017 at 09:21 AM.
10-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #1029
Veteran Member

LeRolls is happily shooting away with his 77 ltd. and FA 85 1.4 while you guys just keep thing away, get on with your lives for grief's sake. It just makes everyone realize, there are those who do, and those who make up excuses for why they don't.
I never say, Pentax is doomed!.. and while is true that we have the 77, 31 and 55, (the 85 is discontinued) still many new user wants those lenses due the marketing, those photos in Flickr or Facebook made by pros praising all the specs of the lenses or cameras... I own a copy of the 77 and 31, even a Zeiss 85mm... im just saying, Ricoh needs to hurry or give more info about new lenses, nothing stops anyone yo just jump ship if somebody just want any of those lenses enough

10-01-2017, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #1030
pid
Pentaxian

LeRolls is happily shooting away with his 77 ltd. and FA 85 1.4 while you guys just keep whining away, get on with your lives for grief's sake. It just makes everyone realize, there are those who do, and those who make up excuses for why they don't.

"I didn't buy the 55 1.4 but I have to have the 50 1.4 or 85 1.4", ya right.

If you want a freakin lens buy a freakin lens, it's not Pentax's fault you haven't found something, it's yours.

The DA*55 is a realy great performer with the K-1. It is razorsharp from f2 on with fantastic bokeh. In my opinion the DA*55 performs better with the K-1 than with all other bodys. Just try this lens and it will stick like glued on your K-1.
10-01-2017, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #1031
Veteran Member

Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking if that's what you think I said.

Y'all are talking out of both sides of your mouths. You're criticizing Pentax for not releasing enough information, then when they have released some information , you're peeing your pants because you can't wait for what's coming.

It's exactly because of this kind of nonsense that most corporations don't even publish a roadmap.

The little kids of the world have no patience.
Yeah, but theres a problem with that... Apple is the leader of their niche market, everybody is pending about releases and eager to buy whatever they release, Pentax dont have that privilege, they are like AMD of the cameras, good products, good price, but not enough market and greater competition with more market and hype. They need to bring info to maintain their current users interested on the new gear, and bring attention of the press and potential new user.

Just before the release of the Sigma Arts 85, everyone knew they will going to update their 'old' 85, why Sigma needs to announce anything if the world was already expecting the lens, when they officially discontinued the 85, was a solid confirmation about was going to happen... Pentax right now, only their users are expecting those lenses, go to any other Canikony forum and ask about what they think about the potential of the Pentax 85mm, almost all dont even will know about Pentax releasing a lens, and before you say "i dont care what other forums/pages have to say about Pentax"... Ricoh wants users from those brands, and people willing to spend money on the Pentax brand, so they need the reflector on them

10-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #1032
Pentaxian

Yeah, but theres a problem with that... Apple is the leader of their niche market, everybody is pending about releases and eager to buy whatever they release, Pentax dont have that privilege
Apple have been behaving exactly the same way since their dark years, when they weren't leaders of anything and were the champions of a niche market just like Pentax. So, no , there's no problem with my analysis for anyone but those with realy short memories. Before Jobs took Apple to Intel processors, Jobs stood up there year after year, introducing inferior product with limited appeal that no one but a few Apple loyalists were waiting for. At that time they were just like Pentax. Sold mostly to people hooked on the user interface and unconcerned about high end performance, which before the switch to Intel, fell further and further behind every year.

---------- Post added 10-01-17 at 12:32 PM ----------

"i dont care what other forums/pages have to say about Pentax
The reason we don't care is because usually they don't know what they are talking about.

Most people who keep up with what other forums have to say about Pentax are totally messed up, in that they recite endless streams of marketing hype from other companies with no regard for what you can accomplish with Pentax. People buy cameras for what they do. The trolls go around parading what Pentax doesn't do.

Simple fact... if Pentax does what you want, it's the best camera for you, same as every other company.
The instant it doesn't do something you want it isn't he best camera for you anymore, same as every other camera company.
Wanting Sigma lenses just means, you're a poor candidate to be a Pentax user.

Last edited by normhead; 10-01-2017 at 09:36 AM.
10-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #1033
Veteran Member

Apple have been behaving exactly the same way since their dark years, when they weren't leaders of anything and were the champions of a niche market just like Pentax. So, no , there's no problem with my analysis fro anyone but those with realy short memories. Before Jobs took Apple to Intel processors, Jobs stood up there year after year, introducing inferior product with limited appeal that no one but a few Apple loyalists were waiting for. At that time they were just like Pentax. Sold mostly to people hooked on the user interface and unconcerned about high end performance.
Thats exactly the point, when Apple in the early years nobody knews about them and didnt produce a line of people camping weeks for a phone, Jobs máster marketer from my point of view, make the brand a very Niche brand with a good product and make Apple what Is today un terms of branding... Now, they dont need that much publicity as the world Is expecting the new gear they will release, of course they still publicity themself, but many of the hype come from the users.

Pentax was once leader (i wasnt even born, when i was a kid everyone was {and still it is} Canon or Nikon) but not today, Ricoh/Pentax is already aware of this, and they are working on it, a FF, some new pros lenses lemses 15 to 200 f2.8, and the expected 50/85. Its stupid trying to live from old glories, Pentax needs to start bring attention to their product and became a serious contender and bring new users and lens brand to us, their customers.

10-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #1034
Pentaxian

hats exactly the point, when Apple in the early years nobody knews about them
You imagine there was such a time but their wasn't Jobs was a celeb since his VW camper van days with Woz.

My point is, Pentax could do the same thing Apple did. Stop the roadmap. make a production out of product announcements, have a spokesperson who actually has some say in where they are going and is there year after year to give the impression of stability at the top. It's not about reliving old glories. They've brought out many new lenses in the last few years, the DFA 150-450, 70-200 and 28-105, all excellent lenses. In my estimation they haven't generated enough publicity with those releases. They have product, they need more splash.

Last edited by normhead; 10-01-2017 at 12:00 PM.
10-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #1035
Veteran Member

You imagine there was such a time but their wasn't Jobs was a club since his VW camper van days with Woz.

My point is, Pentax could do the same thing Apple did. Stop the roadmap. make a production out of product announcements, have a spokesperson who actually has some say in where they are going and is there year after year to give the impression of stability at the top. It's not about reliving old glories. They've brought out many new lenses in the last few years, the DFA 150-450, 70-200 and 28-105, all excellent lenses. In my estimation they haven't generated enough publicity with those releases. They have product, they need more splash.
The time when you can do that, release a product out of nowhere and expect selling them is over, at least for Pentax, they dont have the users base to do that. They only can (at this time) Is what they are doing now, release info about products, create interest, bring those products and fullfill the hype. Pentax today, dont have any product that make it stand out of the competition, IBIS is now common with Sony and Olympus, Backward compatibility with mirrorles cameras is easier and interbrand... Pentax lack of "new" modern lenses, third party lenses and software, video, press coverage and retailers... plus their small user base are their big problems to resolve. I think, with time and comminment they will be a big player in some years, but until that date, they cant play the marketing like their were it now.

I agree about a more charismatic spokeman, the CEO while very honest... they seems very uncomfortable regarding the "do not say more than the agreed speech" thing.

Closed Thread