Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2017, 11:53 PM   #1306
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Maybe. But there’s something else.
guess it will be the dfa*200, now if that would come as a macro.....

10-26-2017, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #1307
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timautin Quote
If you know something, why don't you share??
You know how it works.
If I know something, I can't say. If I say something, I can't know.

There have been indications from others for months about this on the Forum. My point here is (see post above listing camera and lens releases in last 2 1/2 years), Pentax is consistently releasing new products, some of them better than they've done in years, and there are still people here who complain they aren't doing anything.

In the 11-28 thread a credible poster essentially dismissed the lens as not real until he can hold it because? "Pentax has a history of not releasing lenses for a year after they are announced".

Ykes! That's just negative.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-26-2017 at 12:40 AM.
10-26-2017, 12:34 AM - 5 Likes   #1308
Veteran Member

Pentax is consistently releasing new products, some of them better than they've done in years, and there are still people here who complain they aren't doing anything.

I get a storm of negativity now "Where is the big surprise you promised?", "What, no class leading camera??", "This is no good!!!" etc...

I didnt promise anything big..I said there might be a little surprise..the DA* UWA was that little surprise...Im already pushing limits on my NDA, but some people react with anger towards me.

On the pentaxians facebook group, someone even called me a joke and that Ricoh should get rid of me as ambassador.....

Soooo...not sure anymore, why I even bother using so much of my freetime to be available for pentaxusers....My contract is just on showing new and potensial users what Pentax now can do...bah
10-26-2017, 12:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1309
Pentaxian

You know how it works.
If I know something, I can't say. If I say something, I can't know.

There have been indications from others for months about this on the Forum. My point here is (see post above listing camera and lens releases in last 2 1/2 years), Pentax is consistently releasing new products, some of them better than they've done in years, and there are still people here who complain they aren't doing anything.

In the 11-28 thread a credible poster essentially dismissed the lens as not real until he can hold it because 'Pentax has a history of not releasing lenses for a year after they are announced'.

OK so you're just guessing.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I get a storm of negativity now "Where is the big surprise you promised?", "What, no class leading camera??", "This is no good!!!" etc...

I didnt promise anything big..I said there might be a little surprise..the DA* UWA was that little surprise...Im already pushing limits on my NDA, but some people react with anger towards me.

On the pentaxians facebook group, someone even called me a joke and that Ricoh should get rid of me as ambassador.....

Soooo...not sure anymore, why I even bother using so much of my freetime to be available for pentaxusers....My contract is just on showing new and potensial users what Pentax now can do...bah
Focus on those of us who are happy . To me that 11-18 is a big surprise, I didn't expect it at all. I'm really happy to see new high end glass released, and for the different sensor sizes the brand supports (else we would soon have had a crowd of unhappy APS-C shooter saying "nothing gets released for APS-C now that the K-1 is out, that sooooo bad!!" ).

10-26-2017, 01:06 AM   #1310

Haters gonna hate. Ignoring them works for me, most of the time. The rest of the time they make me sad, though...

Rgds,
Gerd.

PS: I'm happy for the new lens and those who want it, even if I won't get one.
10-26-2017, 01:07 AM - 3 Likes   #1311
Pentaxian

What I find interesting about this lens is that it's a DA*. Despite having the FF, we're still seeing high-end APS-C lenses.
Now, the question is - would they do it without an upcoming APS-C flagship camera?

@kenspo: many of us are appreciating your presence and contribution.
10-26-2017, 01:24 AM   #1312
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timautin Quote
OK so you're just guessing.
Yes and no. I know there's more in the pipeline. Ricoh does have a Plan. They're working on building the Pentax brand long-term, and you will (likely, eventually) be Happy.

Exactly what and exactly when I don't know because the people I talk to can't/won't say.

They really are a small company and they really can't work on more than one or two things at a time. If it is something big they have to work on it for a long time.

10-26-2017, 01:28 AM - 2 Likes   #1313

Kenspo, I need to say this - You are the reason that I'm still commited to the system. You are doing great job, facilitating ANY communication between users as us and the RI. Please don't care about the negativity - You will always be facing as You are an ambassador and successful pro.
10-26-2017, 01:46 AM - 5 Likes   #1314
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
Kenspo, I need to say this - You are the reason that I'm still commited to the system. You are doing great job, facilitating ANY communication between users as us and the RI. Please don't care about the negativity - You will always be facing as You are an ambassador and successful pro.
I guess you're right. Was just a bit too much yesterday I will try to continue to be helpful! Some negative ones, shouldn't get bigger space then all the good ones..hehe! I just need to use the ignore button a bit more And thank you very much for your words! Rock on!
10-26-2017, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #1315

Original Poster
I think one of the things Pentax/Ricoh needs to do a lot more of is interacting and building its fan base. I for one really appreciate the work you and the other ambassadors do in this regard on forums but it would be nice if I sensed that there was a more ongoing dialogue between the company that makes the cameras and the loyal users who buy them.

As an example this is the leading global forum for Pentax worldwide and yet not once has a single person from Ricoh Pentax ever officially posted here which I think is very sad. One of my other hobbies is music and hi-fi and the highly respected Naim Audio high end hi-fi manufacturer famously run a forum on their website which was started by their then founder and CEO Julian Vereker as a way of understanding their customer base better and opening a dialogue with them. That tradition continues today and Naim has grown to become a very successful brand partly as a result of it. They have even organised occasional events for the forum membership like a BBQ and buffet with live bands in a hired pub. That gave people a chance to meet staff from the factory and to interact and was great fun for all concerned. At the other end of the scale my own employer British Airways have for years run organised events for their top spending customers to attend product previews or discuss what they think of the new First Class, or the new check-in app, or the new rewards programme etc. In short most companies want to get closer to their customers to better understand their needs an cater for them but I sense little of this with Pentax and I don't understand it.

Most of us on here have invested many thousands in Pentax - they're happy to take our money but very unwilling to talk. What a wasted opportunity and one they could have for very little cost - BA hire a conference room in a hotelor invite people to their Heathrow offices, give them some wine and nibbles - it costs bugger all but boy does it make those high value customers feel valued and listened to.

World class companies like BA and Naim became world class by having world class management - innovative, far-sighted and who have a very clear understanding of customer needs. Pentax has allowed itself to slip from being arguably the pre-eminent maker of cameras in the world in the 1970's to being a very outfield runner with 5% market share and hardly any physical distribution anymore. It is disappointing they aren't asking why? They have world class engineers and the products, with the exception of their seeming inability to develop good autofocus motion tracking, are up there with the very best in the world. The handling, build and ergonomics might well be the best in the world.

Personally I'm grateful to ambassadors like you, but the management would try the patience of a saint!

Jonlg
10-26-2017, 02:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1316
bxf
Veteran Member

but some people react with anger towards me
If you decided to distribute a pot of gold to everyone, someone would still find something to complain about. People are like that, and some simply need to be ignored.
10-26-2017, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #1317
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
I think one of the things Pentax/Ricoh needs to do a lot more of is interacting and building its fan base. I for one really appreciate the work you and the other ambassadors do in this regard on forums but it would be nice if I sensed that there was a more ongoing dialogue between the company that makes the cameras and the loyal users who buy them.

As an example this is the leading global forum for Pentax worldwide and yet not once has a single person from Ricoh Pentax ever officially posted here which I think is very sad. One of my other hobbies is music and hi-fi and the highly respected Naim Audio high end hi-fi manufacturer famously run a forum on their website which was started by their then founder and CEO Julian Vereker as a way of understanding their customer base better and opening a dialogue with them. That tradition continues today and Naim has grown to become a very successful brand partly as a result of it. They have even organised occasional events for the forum membership like a BBQ and buffet with live bands in a hired pub. That gave people a chance to meet staff from the factory and to interact and was great fun for all concerned. At the other end of the scale my own employer British Airways have for years run organised events for their top spending customers to attend product previews or discuss what they think of the new First Class, or the new check-in app, or the new rewards programme etc. In short most companies want to get closer to their customers to better understand their needs an cater for them but I sense little of this with Pentax and I don't understand it.

Most of us on here have invested many thousands in Pentax - they're happy to take our money but very unwilling to talk. What a wasted opportunity and one they could have for very little cost - BA hire a conference room in a hotelor invite people to their Heathrow offices, give them some wine and nibbles - it costs bugger all but boy does it make those high value customers feel valued and listened to.

World class companies like BA and Naim became world class by having world class management - innovative, far-sighted and who have a very clear understanding of customer needs. Pentax has allowed itself to slip from being arguably the pre-eminent maker of cameras in the world in the 1970's to being a very outfield runner with 5% market share and hardly any physical distribution anymore. It is disappointing they aren't asking why? They have world class engineers and the products, with the exception of their seeming inability to develop good autofocus motion tracking, are up there with the very best in the world. The handling, build and ergonomics might well be the best in the world.

Personally I'm grateful to ambassadors like you, but the management would try the patience of a saint!

Jonlg
I agree with you. I try, but feel like I'm fighting the impossible. Even I meet more silence then open arms.

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
If you decided to distribute a pot of gold to everyone, someone would still find something to complain about. People are like that, and some simply need to be ignored.
I guess you're right. Should have known that by now
10-26-2017, 02:25 AM   #1318
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Well said!
10-26-2017, 02:36 AM   #1319
Pentaxian

I agree with you. I try, but feel like I'm fighting the impossible. Even I meet more silence then open arms.

I guess you're right. Should have known that by now
I guess its the Pentax way! Everything can be done with great results but needs some user effort!
10-26-2017, 02:54 AM   #1320
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
As an example this is the leading global forum for Pentax worldwide and yet not once has a single person from Ricoh Pentax ever officially posted here which I think is very sad.
Remember JCPentax?
"Benevolent" people made sure he would leave and never come back. Now they're trying the same with Kenspo.
It's not sad; it's sick.
Closed Thread