Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 273 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2017, 05:37 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
K-mount still, AFAIK. But that's all I know.
I'm hoping that this 'surprise' will be a silver version of the K-1. I hope so, because I've been holding off getting a second body because I'd like to be able to visually distinguish between body 1 and 2 without thinking about it!

02-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Sigma is flat chat trying to keep up demand, it would be crazy from them to tool up for a production run of Pentax mount lenses that will sit on the shelf for years. Pentax lenses will be better hopefully anyway.
Is this fact or marketing spin?
02-24-2017, 09:03 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I assume they are not being specific for competitive reasons. Potentially third-party manufacturers could either be scared off by Pentax announcing something well ahead of time, or they could potentially preempt Pentax before they come out with their lens. Though I guess time-to-market and potentially smaller market for Pentax lenses could work against my model.

I'm a bit surprised that Sigma hasn't come out with Pentax version of newer full-frame lenses that they already have for other mounts. I know there's a minimum production size, but it seems they would have more sales opportunity over the past year given that Pentax has full-frame gaps.
I think that this is the biggest problem. With expanding towards k-mount the inventory goes up. So costs will go up for Sigma with extra risk. Avoiding that is smart in the current camera market.
02-24-2017, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
When we can see the interview ?
In the coming days. There's already a teaser currently on the homepage that I think people will really like!

Ricoh Imaging Puts on a Big Show at CP+ 2017 - CP+ 2017 | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2017, 09:07 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Let me guess... surprises which they can't talk about at this moment?
They'd rather part with a kidney than with a piece of advance information.
Actually, they really opened up! And did you notice how they snuck a new telephoto lens onto the FF roadmap?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Thank you, I can't wait to see the interview.
Yes... I'm curious what it would be (I already have the 150-450, so I'll skip it anyway)
02-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #37
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Completely agree, and i'm selling all i have in 645.
Thank God. Excellent idea.
Then we'll have less of such threads.

02-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #38

The new DFA* 50mm f1.8 looks big and sounds great. I particularly like the design as the focusing grip is a huge nod to the legacy primes in the way they look so similar. I think Pentax is going in the right direction with these new lenses. Its all looking very promising can't wait now to see the 85mm also, as with everything there will be a price for such as this but this won't matter to some if it ticks all the right boxes. Thanks
02-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #39
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Actually, they really opened up! And did you notice how they snuck a new telephoto lens onto the FF roadmap?
I'm so happy about that. One of the lenses that was appealing to me was the cheap, but pretty sharply Tamron SP 70-300mm (not the garbage non SP variants). I'm sure the Pentax 70-300 will be very nice. Though probably not seen until next year at the earliest?

And I think your secret was SR unlocked in movie mode on the KP and upcoming K-1 firmware.
02-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #40
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'm so happy about that. One of the lenses that was appealing to me was the cheap, but pretty sharply Tamron SP 70-300mm (not the garbage non SP variants). I'm sure the Pentax 70-300 will be very nice. Though probably not seen until next year at the earliest?

And I think your secret was SR unlocked in movie mode on the KP and upcoming K-1 firmware.
I'm not sure how quickly we can expect the other lenses, but the 50mm is definitely planned for this year.

Adam

02-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #41
Veteran Member

What is the speculation on the Large Aperture Wide Angle Single focus and the Ultra Wide Angle Single focus prospects.

The ultra wide I would love to see an M 20 ƒ4 type lens. This could be an opportunity to consolidate a new D FA lens to be able to retire the DA 21 LTD an APS-C lens. A Compact D-FA 20 ƒ3.2.

For the large aperture wide angle single focus full frame going with 28mm focal length would also work well with APS-C. The A 28mm ƒ2 is my most used lens on APS-C. ~40mm FOV is nice to work with. Going 28mm would bring the same design philosophy Pentax used in developing the FA 43 LTD for FF to APS-C. 28mm being the diagonal length of APS-C. A D-FA 28mm ƒ2 would deliver on both FF and APS-C.
02-26-2017, 03:59 AM   #42
ogl
Banned

I would prefer two lines of FF lenses - DFA* - very expensive, big, fast and all weather lenses.
And simple line of plastic very compact WR lenses - DFA24/3.5, DFA35/2 (the same FA with 7-9 blades aperture), DFA50/2, DFA85/2, DFA135/3.5 - DC or PLM - not important.

But I'm afraid Ricoh is too weak to develop two lines. They plan to produce 1 expensive, big FF lens per year and it's really sad to hear...
02-26-2017, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
it would be crazy from them to tool up for a production run of Pentax mount lenses that will sit on the shelf for years
There's more to their strategy than just volume. They, for example, hardly support Sony's E-mount, despite Sony mirrorless being very popular. I don't believe they have any lenses for FF E-mount, and only 4 standard primes for APS-C E-mount. All they really support in Sony is the very low-volume A-mount, which they make about 20 lens for.

Plus Sigma usually make all of their DC and DG lenses available in the hardly bestselling Sigma mount too. In MUCH smaller production runs than any K-mount lens they might make. And much more likely to sit on the shelf for years.

So there may be some business/IP licensing/strategic? thinking behind Sigma's mount support decision-making. They don't act as if they are just producing for likely sales volume. Otherwise, all they'd make is Canon mount lenses.
02-26-2017, 04:55 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Are they still supporting Sony A? The last A-mount lens was announced in 2014 (the last E-mount, in 2016).
Note that the A-mount is using a mechanical aperture lever.
02-26-2017, 05:11 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Are they still supporting Sony A?
In the 2016 Sigma lens catalogue I was looking at, they still had lots of Sony A's listed. Maybe that's out of date now. Availability of some lens may also vary by market, perhaps.