Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 273 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2017, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #226
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I saw only the 85 in the tele photo range,nothing longer in pre production,only prototypes.

04-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #227
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
I saw only the 85 in the tele photo range,nothing longer in pre production,only prototypes.
Oh ok. I was speaking of the telephoto zoom that was added to the list at CP+ time...
04-02-2017, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #228
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Because of convenience, lazyness and comfort.

The exact same reason why you have autofocus. Autofocus is nothing but support for lazyness and a crutch to allow incompetent people take images which previously required skilled photographers.

Hell, the tabloids even write posts on why morons "need" computerized tracking when they are too incompetent to coordinate eyes and arms holding the camera.

That all is the same thing that absolutely requires a K-1 to have a green Auto mode and lots of options for JPG.

Simple people want the camera to replace all skill requirements.

That is was people want and what sells.

And it's irrelevant if the sensor has a little larger or smaller crop factor. We still talk about consumer electronics for the masses. It all definitely is everyman's camera system unless you want to go bankrupt.

Is any of this needed for any great images? No. Not at all. Only where the user is too much a fail skillwise for a certain requirement. But it it sells. Very well.
What's convenient or comfortable about taking a bunch of pictures with garbage image quality because you hooked a camera as good and costly as the K-1 to a 28-300 super zoom?

The search function for the user reviews isn't turning up a single 28-300 sold by Pentax. If it wasn't popular during the film era, why would they do it now?

Whatever.
04-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #229
Pentaxian

Original Poster
some message about DA zoom?

04-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
some message about DA zoom?
DA zoom, where are you? Still a red dash?
04-03-2017, 06:15 AM   #231

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Can these focal lengths get any more standard? This is a sarcastic, rhetorical question on my part, and I mention that because I've been told that my humor is hard to read here.

I'm also noting that the widest prime they offer is still the FA 31. I do not understand this but I'm not smart enough to run a brand/company like Pentax so whatever.
I agree that k1 prime shhoters may feel the need for true wide angle prime lenses in the 20-28 range, though the DFA 15-30 covers this range.

I dont understand whether your comment about FA31 is positive or negative.

My son uses it on K3, and it is an outstanding lens on APS-C. Feedback from K1 users seem to confirm it also is on FF. Pentax management too, as it was the lens they used to display the K1 last year.
04-03-2017, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #232
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My mentioning the FA31 has nothing to do with that lens in and of itself. I'm saying, the widest prime is a 31mm, and people are touting the K-1 as "a landscape camera". I actually think the FA31 is an awesome lens, from everything I've read, but I've not used one myself. In any case, producing a f1.something 35mm when the FA35 f2.0 is already here, plus the Sigma 35 Art, makes me wonder why Ricoh isn't targeting something in the 20's. Or teens.

I'd kind of like a two pronged attack at the issue; a rehash of the tried and true F 28 f2.8 optics in a restyled body + DC focusing and WR, and then do the same again with the FA 20 f2.8. But I don't see them doing it any time soon and I've given up on waiting.

04-03-2017, 03:11 PM   #233
Pentaxian

My mentioning the FA31 has nothing to do with that lens in and of itself. I'm saying, the widest prime is a 31mm, and people are touting the K-1 as "a landscape camera". I actually think the FA31 is an awesome lens, from everything I've read, but I've not used one myself. In any case, producing a f1.something 35mm when the FA35 f2.0 is already here, plus the Sigma 35 Art, makes me wonder why Ricoh isn't targeting something in the 20's. Or teens.

I'd kind of like a two pronged attack at the issue; a rehash of the tried and true F 28 f2.8 optics in a restyled body + DC focusing and WR, and then do the same again with the FA 20 f2.8. But I don't see them doing it any time soon and I've given up on waiting.
Just like their upcoming 50/1.4.

But Ricoh wanted it that way. Let them be. 😊 Maybe they have something in mind that we cannot see at this moment. Those lenses be better be VERY GOOD to shadow the redundancy. They knew that. Otherwise they will sink. It is their money anyway.
04-03-2017, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #234
mee
Veteran Member

Because the camera (body) itself is oriented to landscape shooting. It doesn't mean the lens lineup is in parity.

I agree with you.. it is odd to not have any wide primes in the lineup.. instead they are rehashing lengths where there are already a number of viable candidates.. I still welcome them because if the trend is to those particular lenses, it only helps Pentax as a whole.

Basically, take the Pentax system as it is when buying.. because there are no real promises of any more than what you see. WYSIWYG for sure.

I'd never spend thousands on a roadmap, timeline, rumor, or even interview stating certain products were coming out Soon(tm). You're setting yourself up for disappointment.. major disappointment. Even if the products ARE released, there is no guarantee that they way they are implemented will be satisfactory to your wants and wishes.
04-03-2017, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Because the camera (body) itself is oriented to landscape shooting. It doesn't mean the lens lineup is in parity.

I agree with you.. it is odd to not have any wide primes in the lineup.. instead they are rehashing lengths where there are already a number of viable candidates.. I still welcome them because if the trend is to those particular lenses, it only helps Pentax as a whole.

Basically, take the Pentax system as it is when buying.. because there are no real promises of any more than what you see. WYSIWYG for sure.

I'd never spend thousands on a roadmap, timeline, rumor, or even interview stating certain products were coming out Soon(tm). You're setting yourself up for disappointment.. major disappointment. Even if the products ARE released, there is no guarantee that they way they are implemented will be satisfactory to your wants and wishes.
Can you imagine how popular kenspo would be if we didn't have a roadmap to consult? He'd never get any sleep!

Otherwise, yes, you're agreeing with many wise people in this thread such as myself.
04-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #236
mee
Veteran Member

Can you imagine how popular kenspo would be if we didn't have a roadmap to consult? He'd never get any sleep!

Otherwise, yes, you're agreeing with many wise people in this thread such as myself.
But the roadmap is similar to the cake.. just look at that DA wide angle zoom as proof.

I wouldn't get too big headed and consider any of us wise on the topic of what Ricoh/Pentax are doing..
04-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #237
Veteran Member

x.x / 35
1.4 / 50
1.4 / 85
Coming up next.
Not only under development on paper anymore.
Production run/number of pieces will be low,cause of high quality * line.
Best regards
D you think we will see all three this year?
04-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #238
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
But the roadmap is similar to the cake.. just look at that DA wide angle zoom as proof.

I wouldn't get too big headed and consider any of us wise on the topic of what Ricoh/Pentax are doing..
Normally I would suggest that the DA15 makes this irrelevant, but with Sigma and Tamron leaving the stage, there are folks that will want something else. Maybe a nice 10-20 f3.5-4.5? We should start arguing about that lens next!

And yes, this is very serious stuff, guessing at what they sell next. Very important work.
04-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #239
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At one time it was said 5-6 primes were coming. We know of 35/50/85, so 28/20 can be on paper, but immediate production victims of the severe downturn.
04-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #240

I agree. I've had a (brief) look at the 15-30mm f/2.8 and it is a superb lens BUT it is seriously big and heavy and does not take filters unless you get a dedicated adapter that requires 150mm filters, which are themselves big and bulky (and expensive). I expect Ricoh did a double deal with Tamron to remanufacture the 24-70 and 15-30 but I am disappointed they did not opt for either a 16/17-35 f/2.8 or f/4 like Canikon have in their ranges or a prime in the 18-20mm range. I found a Voigtlander 20mm f/3.5 to fill this gap.