Original Poster
lenses accesories,add DFA*50/1.4
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/support/catalog/pdf/lenses_accessories.pdf

08-02-2018, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #302
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
thanks for the update

This new brochure looks far better than the previous ones. Quite a lot of info and communication things. I like it !
08-02-2018, 03:30 AM   #303
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
thanks I am hoping that comes out in an English version
08-02-2018, 03:45 AM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s very professional-looking. Interesting that the older tele-converters are still included, not to mention the FA35/2 and FA50/1.4.

08-02-2018, 04:23 AM   #305
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
That’s very professional-looking. Interesting that the older tele-converters are still included, not to mention the FA35/2 and FA50/1.4.
Yes, I was thinking the same!

Could it mean that some older items might be available to order again (or maybe in Japan only)? I'm after an A 1.4x-L rear converter
08-02-2018, 04:36 AM   #306
Veteran Member

Wow, this is great marketing tool showing everything Pentax have to offer.

Quality brochure par with the others, Ricoh commitment to Pentax is real , when they said "They have a plan".
I am happy to continue supporting Pentax
08-02-2018, 05:08 AM   #307
JPT
Pentaxian

It’s good that they updated it, but it doesn’t look like they’ve made any big changes from the previous version. They’ve even reused the same front cover image with the old K-1 model on it.

Even so, seeing all the nice lenses laid out like they is a nice antidote to hearing people complain about the lack of lenses.

By the way, they’ve also updated the pentax.com site for the K-1 with more photographer endorsements. The new ones are only on the Japanese language page so far. I think some of the images in the updated brochure are from these photographers.

Impressions / PENTAX K-1 ???????? | RICOH IMAGING

It’s interesting that Haseo is there, because while his photos have been used by Pentax before, his work with a GFX was being shown at CP+ this year, so I wondered if his relationship with Pentax had come to a close.

08-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #308

Maybe the surprise is a K3ii successor, the k3ii is being sold from depleted stocks and is being marked 'discontinued '. Think this will make some very happy pentaxians
08-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #309
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...and still offering the Refconverter-A! A wonderfully-useful device for pre-tilt screen bodies, and maybe even after.
08-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #310
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Ricoh commitment to Pentax is real, when they said "They have a plan".
Unfortunately, this rings hollow with Q and 645 users.
08-03-2018, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #311
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Unfortunately, this rings hollow with Q and 645 users.
And how many employees does the Pentax section of Ricoh Imaging have? I suspect that they are working on something for you in the 645 area but don't have any reason to suspect that the Q will get any love.

Do you still miss AMC and Mercury cars? Frankenberry and Count Chocula? Sometimes marques just end and there isn't anything we can do about it.
08-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #312
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
And how many employees does the Pentax section of Ricoh Imaging have? I suspect that they are working on something for you in the 645 area but don't have any reason to suspect that the Q will get any love.
They don't need to be "working on something" while they're busy with DFA lenses,
but just like they've done with the FA Limiteds,
they could at least keep their 4:3 formats going with what they already have.
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Do you still miss AMC and Mercury cars? Frankenberry and Count Chocula? Sometimes marques just end and there isn't anything we can do about it.
The marque is "Pentax". Do you want to see it go?
08-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #313
Veteran Member

They don't need to be "working on something" while they're busy with DFA lenses,
but just like they've done with the FA Limiteds,

The marque is "Pentax". Do you want to see it go?
No but they are a tiny chunk of Ricoh so they don't have unlimited resources like a Microsoft or Apple do for design and prototyping. Since the pace of development is already strained by their need to upgrade manufacturing equipment, what do you expect them to do? With the new equipment, maybe they can design whatever they want since they should have an improved ability to manufacture high quality gear. This could have the effect of shortening actual production time if less QC is needed, allowing for them to make new and different goodies for us consumers.
And just because they may have people working on the DFA series does not preclude others from conducting feasibility exercises and running design workgroups for the 645 series and other items that are not currently on the roadmap. They are small but I doubt the lens designers can only do one thing at a time since they will probably need to have input on any future camera body.
08-04-2018, 06:57 AM   #314
Pentaxian

In 2019 ir later I'll be a happy guy, with my new UWA lens. I'll be a happy guy.. LD
At least I'll have change t save some pennies.
08-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #315
Pentaxian

[...] just like they've done with the FA Limiteds,
For the 645 system, is there any evidence that they are not exactly doing this? If so, I must have missed it.

Since we are already in speculation mode, how about this: they wanted to streamline their manufacturing and get the new electronic diaphragm going. Now that apparently both is accomplished, they are ready to update the whole system with a new body and a new line of lenses on the same level as the D FA* 50mm (and with appropriate pricing of course).