Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2017, 06:06 PM - 6 Likes   #1

DCU 5.7.1 update

Updater

[Main changes from Version 5.6.2/5.7.0]
Corresponded to PENTAX KP
Added character input function on the image.
Corresponded to image size change when continuously processing multiple images.
[Improve from previous Versions]
Added simple processing setting for reduce preview of Laboratory mode.
Corresponded to start up of Laboratory mode.
* Expand candidate images at startup in Laboratory mode and when switching from Browser mode to Laboratory mode without specifying images, please drag and drop from the Explorer etc to specify it.
Corresponded to Laboratory mode transition without specifying image in Browser.
[Corrections from previous Versions]
Corrected It does not start up when deleting the registry.
Corrected Flash dimming correction is not displayed.
Corrected Outside of 1:1 area is not output when enlarging the trimming area with Laboratory for RAW image that shooting vertical position in 1:1 crop.
Corrected The development result become brighter by about 1 EV when the shadow correction is ON with RAW image of K-01/K-30/K-50.
Corrected It becomes a subfolder of the copy destination when the name of the destination folder suffered by simple image transfer.
Corrected The file name change at the time of detailed file list display was illegal.
Corrected The windows no longer responds when transferring a large number of images with simple image capture.
Corrected The space between the edge of the screen and end of screen greatly differs between when the top and bottom edges of the image are aligned vertically for character input.
Corrected  A frame indicating the focus is attached to multiple buttons in the save dialog.
Corrected The preview image was specified when transition to Laboratory mode, the display direction of the image was not reflected on the button of the tool bar.
Corrected The redevelopment of JPEG file shooting with PENTAX Q series cannot be done correctly.
Corrected The parameter change is not reflected when finishing is set to reversal film by JPEG redevelopment.
Corrected A black band appears in the vertical position image when finishing is set to reversal film by JPEG redevelopment.
Corrected The image becomes grainy image when redevelopment of JPEG image taken by the monotone setting of PENTAX K-3.
Corrected It cannot be expanded normally if the parameter file of the past version (Such as version 5.3.1) is applied.

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

03-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Corrected – It does not start up when deleting the registry.
I wonder if this fixes the freeze-up at start people report on Windows 10?
03-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In browse mode, I wish they would add an option to view the active focus points used in an image. Plus put into DCU all of the image development options available 'in-camera'.
03-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No mention of "skin mode" colour derawtisation ? Is it resulting from point 1 ?

04-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Just attempted to update my DCU v5.5.1 (Mac) and the installer failed, claiming it could not find a previous version to update. Grrr.

M
04-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
Just attempted to update my DCU v5.5.1 (Mac) and the installer failed, claiming it could not find a previous version to update. Grrr.

M
No problem on my Mac (OSX 10.11.6) updating from vs. 5.6.2 I think.
04-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote

M
Same thing here. The reason was I had the old version in a "Pentax" folder inside my Applications folder. After putting the .app naked into the Applications folder everthing went well. (It's just that I hate this piece of software, but still...)
04-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
No mention of "skin mode" colour derawtisation ? Is it resulting from point 1 ?
No mention, still.
I don't get why Pentax doesn't add this original, interesting, and now all-round feature to DCU.

04-10-2017, 05:58 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Same thing here. The reason was I had the old version in a "Pentax" folder inside my Applications folder. After putting the .app naked into the Applications folder everthing went well. (It's just that I hate this piece of software, but still...)
thanks. that did the trick.

M
04-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

There is a warning now for GR/GRII users to not use this new DCU 5.7.1 update as RAW files from these cameras will shut down 5.7.1.

There will be a new release on April 27th to address this problem.