Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 153 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2017, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #151
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ricoh put a swift end to the wet dream of somebody here. Go Ricoh!
Yep, put your champagne down, Ron!

04-12-2017, 03:39 AM - 2 Likes   #152
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lets not get personal here guys.
04-12-2017, 03:45 AM - 3 Likes   #153
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
Now that we know someone has been spreading fake news / lies, it's time to correct the thread title, unless you want to also be guilty of speading lies.

QuoteQuote:
RICOH is focusing its resource on the high added value products such as PENTAX and GR that are appreciated by the existing users and photo hobbyists. RICOH is also a market leader of input devices in the VR or AR market with its "RICOH THETA" where we can see rapid growth, and will keep on expanding the business even more in this field.
With regard to the article about RICOH today | Global | Ricoh

A more truthful thread title would be "Ricoh to concentrate on the high added value products such as PENTAX and GR and Theta". Do you want to change that?

But maybe spreading lies is generating more clicks and fits to special interest groups.
04-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I'm afraid I don't understand your point .
It's about this:
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The write-off of 10 billion yen is 91,25 million USD. So the value of Pentax in Ricoh's boos is closing down to zero.

04-12-2017, 03:51 AM   #155
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote

But maybe spreading lies is generating more clicks and fits to special interest groups.
FUD is very difficult to combat, Beholder.

As Jonathan Swift said: "If a lie be believed only for an hour, it hath done its work."

04-12-2017, 03:58 AM   #156
Veteran Member

I agree, a thread title change might be in order.. It's not very.. welcoming.
04-12-2017, 04:02 AM   #157
Veteran Member

So Pentax will make expensive cameras and lenses for enthusiasts with the added bonus that the poorer amongst us can just buy the expensive camera and use the millions of lenses out there that work perfectly ok on new cameras.

I have more Pentax cameras than I have lenses - five DSLRs and three lenses

04-12-2017, 04:03 AM   #158

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Now that we know someone has been spreading fake news / lies, it's time to correct the thread title, unless you want to also be guilty of speading lies.

With regard to the article about RICOH today | Global | Ricoh

A more truthful thread title would be "Ricoh to concentrate on the high added value products such as PENTAX and GR and Theta". Do you want to change that?

I only quoted Nikkei news. Did you read it?
04-12-2017, 04:07 AM - 11 Likes   #159
Veteran Member

A little bit of wrong and false news, and the world collapses for some people..haha!

Ricoh/Pentax are here to stay! I just renewed my contract with them..And its a LONG term one
04-12-2017, 04:24 AM - 2 Likes   #160
Veteran Member

You hear that sound? that is a giant sigh of relief from every Pentaxian on Earth
04-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #161
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mistral75 explained the report up thread quite nicely. Ricoh wants to repurpose underutilized compact camera tools and factories. Compacts are called consumer cameras in the Nikkei News rumor article. Ricoh plans to use the tools (written down to PV) from compact cameras to make auto cams since they're similar tech. Writing down the Plant & Equipment value on the books makes the new products more easily profitable (capital cost on the books is lower).

However, all the problems long discussed here of scale, distribution, marketing and product starvation at Pentax will still exist; is it worth doing what it will take to make Pentax meaningful; and an issue for the Board to answer is why total Net Income is only 10 B Yen in the first place.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-12-2017 at 07:41 AM.
04-12-2017, 04:52 AM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Ricoh/Pentax are here to stay! I just renewed my contract with them..And its a LONG term one

How long could You tell?
04-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
You hear that sound? that is a giant sigh of relief from every Pentaxian on Earth
Darn right! This morning my World collapsed. Beyond gutted.

LONG LIVE PENTAX!
04-12-2017, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #164
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cgchang Quote
I'm always surprised that people freak out and call anyone with "big cameras" creeps or pervs invading their privacy,
It goes back to caveman days, You see a guy coming with a big rock in his hand, you don't usually smile, just because he asked you to,
04-12-2017, 05:24 AM - 3 Likes   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It goes back to caveman days, You see a guy coming with a big rock in his hand, you don't usually smile, just because he asked you to,
"Is that a rock in your hand, or are you making a selfie?"
Closed Thread