Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 57 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But flare is rarely a problem with telephoto macro.
Maybe he has a prototype that doesn't have all the coatings applied yet, maybe he used it without hood, etc. Macro lenses are typically really high quality optics

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
JPT, thank you for providing this summarised translation. I would add a point that you left aside in your summary: the lens is a macro lens in the sense that its maximum magnification is 1:1 in terms of 35mm format.
I'm not sure that was clear. I expect the magnification of the photo with this lens at MFD will be similar to DFA 100mm on a K-1 at MFD.

05-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
The name of the lens is smc PENTAX MACRO 20mmF2.8, and that is the inscription on the lens.
Now I'm really disappointed. Ricoh, where's that MARCO lens?
05-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
(...)
JPT, thank you for providing this summarised translation. I would add a point that you left aside in your summary: the lens is a macro lens in the sense that its maximum magnification is 1:1 in terms of 35mm format..
I'm not sure that was clear. I expect the magnification of the photo with this lens at MFD will be similar to DFA 100mm on a K-1 at MFD.
It might have been clearer, had you quoted (and read?) the first sentence from the second paragraph of my message:
At minimum focussing distance, which is around 14 to 15cm, Tanaka says the coverage is around 25 x 36mm. (...)
Kimio Tanaka has written, and I have translated, that the coverage (you say magnification) of a photo shot at the shortest focussing distance is similar to that of any macro 1:1 lens on a 24x36 camera (there will be a slight difference due to the difference in the sensor's aspect ratio, 4:3 versus 3:2).

To write it differently: the lens on a Q7 or Q-S1 has the same angle of view / coverage as a 92mm on a 24x36 camera, from infinity to the minimum focussing distance.

There will be a difference in the depth of field though, much bigger with the 09 Telephoto Macro than with a 90mm macro lens on a 24x36 camera set at the same aperture, this rather being an advantage in proxy- and macro-photography.
05-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm sorry, folks, but I believe Ricoh Imaging already has the data (past sales) to decide.
You really belive in going forward by looking in the mirror?

05-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #95
Pentaxian

I'm always looking in the mirrors, especially when changing lanes. Wait, this wasn't about driving?
05-14-2017, 07:48 AM - 2 Likes   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they make it, I'm ready with cash in hand.
05-14-2017, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #97
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks OoKU and JPT for your posts!
I'm struggling with the last sentence, but I think he is saying that he believes Ricoh is still thinking about what to do with the lens, and he is going to say more in future blog posts.
You're right. Here's my attempt at translation, preserving as much of the original structure as possible:
What is RICOH planning to do, at this point, with this macro lens, that kind of stuff in the next blog entry --- though it would be my guess, I haven't talked with RICOH ---

05-15-2017, 05:34 AM   #98
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
He's at it again. A second post on the Macro.

Photo of the Day PENTAX Q??????????? ?? ??2

Just to add a few words about what he says, he relates the history of the lens being shown as a mock up at CP+ 2014 and then finally being removed from the roadmap. Then he points out that Ricoh has never specifically said its cancelled.

He speculates about why it has not been released, and he thinks that it is more likely to do with profitability than any technical issues. He then suggests that even if it is expensive, they should release it as a limited production lens.

My own observation is that the Q-S1 is basically unavailable now, so it would be difficult to do so without a new body. Maybe that's what we are waiting for. But equally, it could just be cancelled. I do think this rumor is fun. Tanaka-san is doing a good job of leaking bits of information and stirring things up.

Last edited by JPT; 05-15-2017 at 06:18 AM.
05-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #99
Pentaxian

Two other pictures of the lens published by Kimio Tanaka on Twitter:

and one taken with the lens, published on his blog:

05-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #100
Pentaxian

My own observation is that the Q-S1 is basically unavailable now
Not even here?

???????/???????/PENTAX Q-S1/PENTAX Q-S1 ??? | RICOH IMAGING

(Although JPY 42,800 is not the best price we've seen recently.)
05-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #101
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Cp+ 2014 is a long time ago. To put it simply.......Q is historie.
05-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #102
Veteran Member

He's at it again. A second post on the Macro.

Photo of the Day PENTAX Q??????????? ?? ??2
Thanks for posting. I really appreciate members that adds new information and updates.
05-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #103
Pentaxian

and one taken with the lens, published on his blog:
Really an interesting lens :
- internal focussing
- lens-hood fixation
- large manual focussing ring
- good looking
- relatively compact

I'm still buying as per IQ as far as we can see

---------- Post added 15-05-17 at 09:30 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Cp+ 2014 is a long time ago. To put it simply.......Q is historie.
Yes, we can always make history
05-15-2017, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #104
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you again for update, JPT and Mistral75.

In the last two paragraphs Tanaka-san wonders if RICOH could put the lens into production in such a way that they don't incur financial loss, e.g. manufacture to pre-order, production for a certain time window or limited number, even with a high price tag.

He goes on to say that there's no way RICOH listens to a wish of one person (himself), but wonders if influential PENTAX retailers like Yaotomi could get enough buyers and talk to RICOH. Apparently he thinks that the relationship between Yaotomi and RICOH is healthy enough that something like this isn't really out of question.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I'm still buying as per IQ as far as we can see
I'm also impressed by owl and limo, but come on Tanaka-san, give us some macro shots!
05-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #105

This is really nice looking piece of glass...