Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 57 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2017, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh and regarding viewfinder - I don't need one on the K-01 and I think most users don't need one on the Q. But if Pentax made an EVF that can be mounted on hotshoe (or another shoe on top) that would be really cool. Maybe even some DSLR people would buy it, if it had some special features. If Pentax was serious about mirrorless, that would be something to explore

04-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well let's see how Ricoh management thinks about this. In the end, they decide what Ricoh-Imaging can or can't do.

To me this looks more like a Panic action. For a new lens, there is a need for a new or updated body. Currently there is no camera in production with the 1/1.7" sensor. So ordering it would make it expensive. I don't see this materializing.
If this is the only problem they face, nothing prevent them from putting a bigger sensor and crop to 1/1.7". Taking for example a 2/3 or 1" sensor.
04-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Then do not ever try a GR, you risk imminent conversion
No way. My issues with compact camera are strictly related to its inflexibility. No matter how wonderful it does at its given range, there is absolutely no expansion path, {other than one of those funky lenses you attach like you would a filter} The GR's lens is listed as "35mm equiv" of 28mm; I was so excited when I got my first SLR - a Pentax ME SE - and could go beyond the 45mm-only of my rangefinder camera; I am never going back there again {even my Canon digital compact had a 3X zoom, and even that was way too restricting for me!!}

---------- Post added 04-24-17 at 03:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Oh and regarding viewfinder - I don't need one on the K-01 and I think most users don't need one on the Q. But if Pentax made an EVF that can be mounted on hotshoe (or another shoe on top) that would be really cool. Maybe even some DSLR people would buy it, if it had some special features. If Pentax was serious about mirrorless, that would be something to explore
That may be true of you, but don't be too sure about "most users". The usual comment about the Canon EOS-M, EOS-M2, EOS-M3 was lack of a viewfinder. Personally I got my K-30 only because the K-01's lack of a viewfinder - I would have purchased a K-01 otherwise. I purchased a Q-7 only after I convinced myself that the Hoodman solution was better than nothing. I'm not convinced that recent history has shown an add-on EVF to be much of a solution, either.

added: I had owned my Q-7 for six months before I purchased my K-30. My Canon Rebel died during that time, so there was a period of time when the Q-7 was my only digital camera, plenty of opportunity for me to decide that the K-01 {which I viewed as being a larger version, with respect to interface, of the same thing} would be OK - but my conclusion was that I wanted my viewfinder back!!

Last edited by reh321; 04-24-2017 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added comment
04-24-2017, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #49
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Really?

FYI, the 08 wide-angle lens for the Q system has a solid glass aspherical lens element,
where the FA*24 made do with a laminated hybrid.
Because the camera itself was a tongue in cheek joke. It lasted while it lasted, now we see they could have spent their time better, and designed lenses for the better future of the K-mount.

04-24-2017, 05:57 PM - 3 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Because the camera itself was a tongue in cheek joke. It lasted while it lasted, now we see they could have spent their time better, and designed lenses for the better future of the K-mount.
You will believe what you will believe.

Meanwhile, others of us will just continue to take serious pictures with our Q's.
04-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Q Can Do
04-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Tess and I are just waiting for this lens. We both shoot a lot of macro when we are out, a camera system isn't a camera system without macro. We bought our Q-S1 recently on recently for a great price. I'm sure they are still available.

04-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #53
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You will believe what you will believe.
Meanwhile, others of us will just continue to take serious pictures with our Q's.
You may aim the Q and 06 zoom, if it's still in one piece, at a far distant horizon towards Japan, and check if you captured some glimmer of light. That glimmer is your premium glass for K-mount coming, 3 years late. Because the management wanted to have fun when it was time to be serious about the most valuable consumer asset they had.
04-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #54
Pentaxian

You may aim the Q and 06 zoom, if it's still in one piece.......
Why would it not be in one piece???
04-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You may aim the Q and 06 zoom, if it's still in one piece, at a far distant horizon towards Japan, and check if you captured some glimmer of light. That glimmer is your premium glass for K-mount coming, 3 years late. Because the management wanted to have fun when it was time to be serious about the most valuable consumer asset they had.
I dont think so.
This was a Pentax-Hoya project. If the project was cleared, then Ricoh considered it was valuable.
04-25-2017, 03:00 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Q is the best teleconverter....all 4 models.Add a $3 loupe and its a great viewfinder....the $$$ saved on a built in VF can be spent on batteries!
04-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Q is the best teleconverter....all 4 models.Add a $3 loupe and its a great viewfinder....the $$$ saved on a built in VF can be spent on batteries!
Batteries are small. I can carry lots of them on any occasion.
Loupe is not small. Carrying it when I'm using Q-mount lens is a serious problem for me.
04-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #58
Pentaxian

If Kimio Tanaka wanted his tweet to entice people to "stand up and cheer" to support / request from Ricoh Imaging the launch of 09 Telephoto Macro, he will be disappointed: not only there is no particular burst of enthusiasm in this thread, not only there is only ONE comment to the article made by Pentax Rumors (and none to the one made by Photo Rumors) but there are only 28 comments on the (Japanese) website Digital Camera Info, of which 12 are positive, 5 neutral and 11 negative.

Ite missa est.
04-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #59
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
If Kimio Tanaka wanted his tweet to entice people to "stand up and cheer" to support / request from Ricoh Imaging the launch of 09 Telephoto Macro, he will be disappointed: not only there is no particular burst of enthusiasm in this thread, not only there is only ONE comment to the article made by Pentax Rumors (and none to the one made by Photo Rumors) but there are only 28 comments on the (Japanese) website Digital Camera Info, of which 12 are positive, 5 neutral and 11 negative.

Ite missa est.
I'll add my support for the new lens... tentatively. I bought my Q7 and lenses at an all-time-low price point. As a compact system, and occasionally as a crop "tele-converter" for my K-mount glass, it earns its keep - but I'm not looking to invest too much more in it. That might change if Ricoh were to release a new Q body and show on-going commitment to the line
04-25-2017, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

My support for this lens is not tentative. I will definitely buy it if it shows up.

There, hope that helps.

For years I carried an old Olympus point and shoot 35mm because it was a very handy camera to carry. When the Q arrived I bought it and have not looked back since.

I am only half joking when I say that Pentax built that camera for me. About the only thing that I have tried with it where it is not the best is fast moving sports events. And even there, if you pick your location well, you can still get terrific photographs.