Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #136
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well Ben, funny, how I get a sense noone here ever thinks anything you, [or Chris & others as credible as you two] ever post anything that is illuminating enough...!!! I really don't think anything has ever been given away by any of you! Nothing more than "I've used it, it's coming, and you're gunna love it". [where's the "shaking head" emoticon]

08-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Well Ben, funny, how I get a sense noone here ever thinks anything you, [or Chris & others as credible as you two] ever post anything that is illuminating enough...!!! I really don't think anything has ever been given away by any of you! Nothing more than "I've used it, it's coming, and you're gunna love it". [where's the "shaking head" emoticon]

It's kind of kool being in a position to use what ever gear suits your fancy!

Ben
08-27-2008, 04:29 AM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Here is the e-mail dialogue between Jack Howard and myself: I am in Red Most recent at the top

”By registering for the PopPhoto forums, you agree to abide by the terms of service of the interactive areas of our website. You did not act in good faith according to the Terms of Service, nor in my Private Message discourses to discuss this matter. As Administrator of the forums, I have the last word on who may and may not participate.”
Uuhhuu, not allowed to post at PopPhoto. Soo bad, lets see; maybe there exits other places, where it is allowed spread out the arms every once and a while.

”You were banned because you continued to post leaked proprietary information and you know this.

I find it disingenuous and embarrassing that you will then claim innocence and tout your CV whilst claiming that me and my team have somehow acted untoward.

Mr. Kanarek, there is significantly more to “professionalism” than the ability to make some decent photographs. It is the way you carry yourself and behave in all your public actions. And you have behaved very unprofessionally on my boards.”
Yup, now it’s not allowed to have a personality anymore.

[I]”Allow me to repeat myself:

You are not welcome on the PopPhoto.com forums because of your past actions and behaviors. Any new alias or screename you create will be immediately banned.”
As if anyone would want to waste anymore time in a place like that

[I]”Please do not force me to escalate my displeasure with your behavior to my contacts at Pentax USA.”
okay, just remember to breathe…

I would check if these mails from him, were from the 1. of April. Seem like a complete joke. Talk about a person that needs to cut down on his lemon eating, or put some sugar on his grapefruit.

It is embarrassing that he couldn’t call it the way things were, instead of this absurd stuff. One would actually think that sites might like if information was there first; as it would make more people come and check it out. It is the job of Pentax to take care of their business and the people they deal with. He doesn’t know if some hyping would be allowed as some events.

“Pentax France advertising on PopPhoto.com”, talk about a guy who tries to beat on the drums that his mother has put in front of him. Sounds like he is only in charge of the online part, so couldn’t stop companies from putting adverts in the magazine.

I don’t see why Pentax should waste time with such a personality. Little good comes from submitting to bullies. They should tell him, to mind his own business.
It is the trouble that we accept people behaving like that, which provides us with too much negativity.
Pop used to be special with Hebert Keppler, let’s see how long it takes these people to run it ashore.

I feel that you’re managing to stay at a level above what he falls to. Some people are not worth bothering with. Hopefully we’ll see Pentax come to senses also, when they realize how this is just a storm in a glass water. And from a Jack; who doesn’t seem to be able to communicate with other people, and tries to make a big brouhaha out of small matters.

- Still maybe there is the other side of the equation; telling the story of an unfulfilled online editor, who always dreamed of becoming a great photographer, but is now being put under pressure by Can0n. One thing is the lack of add-money it could lead to, but he would also loose his freebies, if he didn’t stand up and make an example. Imagine if the general public actually found out that one didn’t need a 5.000 $ Can0n, but could do state of the art fashion with a Pentax. Gasp, the horror !
All this politics, I thought it was all about taking pictures…

Last edited by Jonson PL; 08-27-2008 at 07:16 AM.
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #139

But, to get back to the subject of this thread...

Honestly, I understand the excitment over this topic.
I know that lots of you started your photographic days with a Pentax and have stuck to it for your hole life and because of this the potential death of this company (which is so far only the fruit of some strange people's imagination) is a scary perspective.
But honestly, as far as I am concerned, as long as the K-mount survives, I am going to be just peachy. Pentax may not be doing awesome, but samsung is not about to go bankrupt. If Pentax dies, I am sure they would carry on with the K-mount, and this is all I need to know.
And even if Samsung quits the DSLR market, it would be quite a surprise to me if noone came up with a K-mount to Cannikon adapter...
I am not brand loyal, so I don't give a flying phoque if Pentax or any company goes under... As long as I can still use my lenses!

08-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #140
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deudeu Quote
Honestly, I understand the excitment over this topic.
I know that lots of you started your photographic days with a Pentax and have stuck to it for your hole life and because of this the potential death of this company (which is so far only the fruit of some strange people's imagination) is a scary perspective.
But honestly, as far as I am concerned, as long as the K-mount survives, I am going to be just peachy. Pentax may not be doing awesome, but samsung is not about to go bankrupt. If Pentax dies, I am sure they would carry on with the K-mount, and this is all I need to know.
And even if Samsung quits the DSLR market, it would be quite a surprise to me if noone came up with a K-mount to Cannikon adapter...
I am not brand loyal, so I don't give a flying phoque if Pentax or any company goes under... As long as I can still use my lenses!
There are lots of k-mount to eos adapters out there!
08-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #141

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That would be a last resort though... especially if I have to go Canon! I would be okay with Nikon, but please, not Canon!
08-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
K mount lenses can only be adapted to EF-S bodies only. So, those excellent film Pentax glass can never be used on Canon EF full frame body unless modification to both the lenses and the bodies are made. See this:-

???: ???? Pentax K ???? Canon EF ??

(in Traditional Chinese)
08-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deudeu Quote
That would be a last resort though... especially if I have to go Canon! I would be okay with Nikon, but please, not Canon!
Putting aside other mechanical conflicts (e.g. aperture coupler etc.), EOS can adapt for almost any old lenses of other brands as it has the largest mount diameter and most importantly the back register distance from the mount to the "film" plane.

K to N is impossible unless short sighted ness is acceptable. In fact, owing to the simple reasons stated above, there is not such an adaptor.

08-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #144
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Rice High, now that's good news. I hate seeing our good glass being used on inferior bodies

Such a waste and it should be saved for just us! Maybe a few will sell their gear and move our way if FF seems to cost too much.
08-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #145
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
K mount lenses can only be adapted to EF-S bodies only. So, those excellent film Pentax glass can never be used on Canon EF full frame body unless modification to both the lenses and the bodies are made. See this:-

???: ???? Pentax K ???? Canon EF ??

(in Traditional Chinese)
LOL, no. You just have to do a bit of surgery but it is perfectly possible to use a K15/3.5 on an Canon FF.

You should dig a bit more RH, as usual you have gotten facts wrongly.
08-28-2008, 06:33 AM   #146
Pentaxian

Putting aside other mechanical conflicts (e.g. aperture coupler etc.), EOS can adapt for almost any old lenses of other brands as it has the largest mount diameter and most importantly the back register distance from the mount to the "film" plane.

K to N is impossible unless short sighted ness is acceptable. In fact, owing to the simple reasons stated above, there is not such an adaptor.
I do not know specificaly about K-moubnt to F-mount adatpers but such kind of adapters exists with a lens built-in, solving the register problem. I agree though, that is is to be avoided if possible.
08-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #147
Veteran Member

Are you Kidding??

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
LOL, no. You just have to do a bit of surgery but it is perfectly possible to use a K15/3.5 on an Canon FF.

You should dig a bit more RH, as usual you have gotten facts wrongly.
A little bit surgery?

Lens: Dissert the lens rear, Remove the aperture coupler, custom make a rubber ring, re-seal the lens, put back the lens mount!

Body: Cut the mirror bottom of the 5D!

"A little bit" surgery???

Have you read the link I provided???
08-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I do not know specificaly about K-moubnt to F-mount adatpers but such kind of adapters exists with a lens built-in, solving the register problem. I agree though, that is is to be avoided if possible.
Can you point us one with a link, for such a undesirable adaptor?
08-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #149
Pentaxian

A little bit surgery?

Lens: Dissert the lens rear, Remove the aperture coupler, custom make a rubber ring, re-seal the lens, put back the lens mount!

Body: Cut the mirror bottom of the 5D!

"A little bit" surgery???

Have you read the link I provided???
Who talked about a rubber ring? No need to. But yes you have to remove to aperture coupler and usually if you are into putting a Pentax lens onto an FF camera, you wil take the risk or pay someone for it. It's not like the guy having an FF camera has not enough money huh !
08-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #150
Pentaxian

Can you point us one with a link, for such a undesirable adaptor?
Sure I will, time to google for it...