Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by sharpshoota Quote
Any national geographic photog will have some links to their stuff. Even a blog maybe.
Uh...not necessarily true. I know one who has worked for Nat'l Geo for 30 years and doesn't have a website, a blog, nor even use email as far as I can tell.
Well, WendyB is obviously on the net so that argument doesn't apply to her.

Last edited by Blue; 08-19-2008 at 06:12 PM.
08-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Just out of curiosity. Have any of you clicked on the links at the bottom of Benjikan's posts to view his work? He "is" a very qualified and excellent "Professional" published Photographer. Just out of curiosity how many of you are?

But if any of you have purveyed a National Geographic, Audubon Magazine or a
Fauna & Flora Magazine you have witnessed my work.

Alas, I'm not a professional photographer nor have I ever purveyed (sold or supplied) magazines of any kind. I have, however, perused (looked at) a National Geographic on occasion, and . . . . . I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Jer
08-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Alas, I'm not a professional photographer nor have I ever purveyed (sold or supplied) magazines of any kind. I have, however, perused (looked at) a National Geographic on occasion, and . . . . . I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Jer
priceless...lol
08-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Just one point here. I was never given an indication by "Wendy" about the location of the shoot she speaks of, therefore, I never could have witnessed it even if I wanted to. There was never an invitation. I have never communicated with Wendy off forum and cannot attest to the credulity of her claims. None the less, I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Ben
I have no idea whether Wendy is credible or not but it gives me solace that I have recently secured a 6x7 --> 645 adapter. It's good to be prepared

Boucicaut

08-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
But if any of you have purveyed a National Geographic, Audubon Magazine or a
Fauna & Flora Magazine you have witnessed my work.

Either way I reckon that this person should be given time and a chance to do as she has stated.

Neil

Last edited by nulla; 08-20-2008 at 12:48 AM.
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #96
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Wendy! Welcome back.
Where there is smoke there is fire.
08-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #97
Inactive Account

Prolific

Sounds like a troll. Her post was absolutely insulting and honestly that's the only one I've seen from her and I had to say something right away. Any national geographic photog will have some links to their stuff. Even a blog maybe. Ben does fantastic fashion work but is far from the only great photographer on this site. No offense Ben. There's plenty of great ones on here in all genres.

Prolific,

I am going to love your response to this with a belly full of laugh.

Did it ever occur to you that I am a real person? Did it ever occur to you that you can buy a lens from me and I will ship it to you? By doing so know exactly who I am?

Troll/ I think not.

WendyB

My purpose while posting within this forum " Is not to sell anything. It is to further the excellence of the Pentax Brand with honesty"

Nothing more nothing less.

Wendy

Last edited by WendyB; 08-20-2008 at 12:46 AM.
08-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Prolific,
Nothing more nothing less.
I think more less than more

Where can I see your pics? Maybe I missed that in your reply. And what issue of National Geographic are you published in? Just a few simple questions you can surely answer. Or just post a few here if you don't want to disclose your real name.

Please reply.
08-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #99
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I think more less than more

Where can I see your pics? Maybe I missed that in your reply. And what issue of National Geographic are you published in? Just a few simple questions you can surely answer. Or just post a few here if you don't want to disclose your real name.

Please reply.
Asahiflex,

It's useless to spend precious time with this person especially since this is a bad case of attention seeker. In the winter he/she was "hinting" at a K20HD" and people started thinking "oh, it will be an APS-H sensor", "oh, it will record HD video". Leave him/her alone if he/she was for real it would be either sued by Pentax for breaking agreements or if he/she would feel secure behind proxy servers and untraceable will give it up a lot more.

Be cool !
Radu

P.S. To bad that Ben didn't find the time to respond to my questions which could shed some light about what a person under NDA with Pentax could "hint" and what not.
08-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #100

[QUOTE=Marc Langille;320754][quote=TaoMaas;320579]
Any national geographic photog will have some links to their stuff. Even a blog maybe.

Here's a National Geographic photographer - Jason Edwards. I had a bit of trouble digging up the website, since I couldn't initially remember his last name... Jason is directly represented by National Geographic. Any commercial assignments and stock sales inquiries are referred by his website to contact National Geographic HQ in Washington, DC.

I think his images speak for themselves....

Bio: TEMPO rhythms of life - Photography by Jason Edwards

Quote:

Jason Edwards is an award-winning photographer with the National Geographic Society and is represented by the National Geographic Image Collection.

Jason has photographed in more than two-dozen countries and is highly regarded for his wildlife and remote landscape photography. Widely published, his work has appeared in National Geographic Magazine, Australian Geographic, BBC Wildlife Magazine, Aqua Geographia, and Nature Australia. He has also authored and photographed two children’s books.

With a reputation for self-reliance and an ability to adapt Jason’s assignments have taken him to some of the most remote and inhospitable areas on the planet. It is his love of less developed regions,and his ability to depict even well known subjects in a unique manner that has separated his images from the mainstream.

In 2004 Jason was awarded the inaugural 'Pursuit of Excellence' Award by the Australian Geographic Society, "for his extreme efforts and absolute commitment to obtaining rare and amazing photographs.”

Partial List of Clients:

National Geographic
Getty
Qantas
Australian Geographic
Amex
BBC Wildlife Magazine
IMG
National Geographic Television
Forbes Magazine
The Financial Review
Readers Digest
Kodak Australia
Elle
Nature Australia Magazine
National Geographic Kids
Lonely Planet
Emery Vincent Design
Roman Catholic Archdiocese
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo USA
Gourmet Traveller
Gekko
Airbag Productions
Carlon Leong Advertising
The Sydney Morning Herald
South Australian Tourism Commission
The Age
Royal Brunei Airlines
The Bulletin
Thomson Publishers International

Portfolio: Bio-Images

Jason's Profile: Bio-Images

I linked to this image from the page above... Nice FA * 250-600/5.6....

By the sounds of things, he seems to be doing well, but again it was not easy finding the information. Not sure if he is still shooting SLR's or has transitioned to digitial though...

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks Marc, That was highly inspirational Some day, some zillions years later may be, but I do plan to be like him!
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Asahiflex,

It's useless to spend precious time with this person especially since this is a bad case of attention seeker. In the winter he/she was "hinting" at a K20HD" and people started thinking "oh, it will be an APS-H sensor", "oh, it will record HD video". Leave him/her alone if he/she was for real it would be either sued by Pentax for breaking agreements or if he/she would feel secure behind proxy servers and untraceable will give it up a lot more.

Be cool !
Radu

P.S. To bad that Ben didn't find the time to respond to my questions which could shed some light about what a person under NDA with Pentax could "hint" and what not.
Hints are, something great is coming, something faster, larger, cheaper etc. Not a specific format etc. I'm not sure if this "Wendy" person has been given the go ahead to leak. Prior to any of my announcements, I spoke with Pentax and asked what was OK and what was not. But then again, I don't know what Ned is doing on the other side of the pond.

Ben
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #102
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Hints are, something great is coming, something faster, larger, cheaper etc. Not a specific format etc. I'm not sure if this "Wendy" person has been given the go ahead to leak. Prior to any of my announcements, I spoke with Pentax and asked what was OK and what was not. But then again, I don't know what Ned is doing on the other side of the pond.

Ben
OK, Ben thanks for this!

I was asking though if you were allowed when you were under NDA to give the kind of "hints" seen in this person's posts It took a while but I understood that you already answered Sorry ... ? I mean really if they were trying to get some buzz I think it hardly could be done with this kinds of low credibility posters.

Radu

Last edited by RaduA; 08-20-2008 at 11:32 AM.
08-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #103

Exactly. It truly sounds like a 12 year old looking for attention. It is the internet after all. If people want to lie about who they are... it's pretty easy. Personally, I wouldn't put believe anything that he or she says.
08-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Exactly. It truly sounds like a 12 year old looking for attention. It is the internet after all. If people want to lie about who they are... it's pretty easy. Personally, I wouldn't put believe anything that he or she says.

I dont see anything wrong with what Wendy has wrote, my view is that some of her content was taking the wrong way and that now because she has preferred to keep her real name and indentity from being named on this forum she is being targetted.

If and when Wendy does come out by giving her the benifit of the doubt now will save having egg on some peoples faces.

What if Wendy is actually quite well known in certain sectors?

Neil
08-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
I dont see anything wrong with what Wendy has wrote, my view is that some of her content was taking the wrong way and that now because she has preferred to keep her real name and indentity from being named on this forum she is being targetted.

If and when Wendy does come out by giving her the benifit of the doubt now will save having egg on some peoples faces.

What if Wendy is actually quite well known in certain sectors?

Neil

Spot on!