Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm surprised why anyone here would continue to give any credence to WendyB who cannot give any shred of credibility to anything posted.

Some months back (Feb08), I got unsolicited and offensive private messages from WendyB from out of the blue. Just to give an excerpt of the final private message I sent to her which contains what she wrote (marked in red):

Originally Posted by WendyB
Last PM to you, last share of info from me.

Originally Posted by creampuff
What info have you shared if any pray tell? If you were really under a NDA (which I seriously doubt), you would not even be posting on a public forum. As I see it you have provided no information of any substance to this forum. The predictions you made were off the mark, which adds up to you not being credible.

Your loss, A certain member of this forum and I had lunch yesterday in Paris and we had a belly laugh over your response. It is very clear you have no respect for him also and he is a noted "Professional" within the industry.

Why I even bothered answering you is a disgrace in itself.

Please don't bring any other person into the picture, if there is anyone who I find lacks any credibility it is yourself. The one thing that is clear is I have no respect for charlatans like yourself and nobody else. You are truly a joke and I do hope you stop this charade.

“Ego: The fallacy whereby a goose thinks he's a swan , but like an alligator. (with all mouth, no ears.)” Perfectly describes you.

If you could not see through as to what was going on in regards to the "Pre K20" release post's. Then you are not quite as smart as you think you are. Did you even notice " Read Between the Lines" ? Or did your Ego get the better of you?

The post's made were orchestrated and directed

So I will explain it to you, One of the NDA's released some pertinent information to the forum that needed to be immediately discredited and quelled. That NDA has permanently lost all future consideration.

Charlatan? Most would hardly think so. While in my college years in the 1970's while developing a very close relationship with my North American Pentax Rep which has lasted throughout the years.,,,,,blah,,, blahh,,,, blahh, figure out the rest. You were probably a twinkle in your mothers eyes if not in your diapers.

You and I are much better off friends rather than enemies. There "ARE" a whole "lot" of persons in the picture.

Sincerely,

Wendy

Go away and bother other people. What a fake you are. Your profile says you're 37 but now you can say you went to college in the 1970s... that would mean you were between 5 to 9 years old when you went to college, ha, ha. You can't even lie thru your teeth. Thanks for the definition of the word ego because it fits you perfectly. And soooo many other people now know you for what you are - a fake.

Later she actually posted defamatory claims about me on the forum which were completely false and which I had to get the Moderators to remove. BTW I'm still waiting for a public apology for the defamatory remarks about my eBay seller status, which is 100% positive and not as alleged.

SO BEST TO IGNORE THIS PERSON.

08-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #122

Just as I thought.... an internet troll. lol
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #123
Veteran Member

ohh the drama! the drama!!
08-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #124
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Your profile says you're 37 but now you can say you went to college in the 1970s... that would mean you were between 5 to 9 years old when you went to college, ha, ha. You can't even lie thru your teeth. Thanks for the definition of the word ego because it fits you perfectly. And soooo many other people now know you for what you are - a fake.
woa, man oh man.

08-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #125

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
@Wendy,

as much as I enjoy your entertainment show ... are you aware that speaking on behalf of an existing person w/o permission ("Wendy Wright Bradley", school phsychologist, Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, USA) may have legal consequences if it isn't you?
According to her post in May: "my profession in life is a surgical nurse."
08-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #126
Veteran Member

For a greater understanding of this conundrum go to this link:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/35209-wendy-b-conundrum.html

Ben
08-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #127
Veteran Member

she sure likes hinting that mr KanAREk is still involved with pentax...
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #128
Inactive Account

Tune in same time tomorrow as Proctor and Gamble bring you the next thrilling episode of "As the Stomach Turns."

08-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Chris,
I'm certainly not an RH apologist, he is irritating at the very least. I do feel a need to respond in regards to the lenses Pentax has introduced this last year. Specifically 3 out of the 9 were badly handled at the very least.

The 18-250, according to you is made by Tamron but reworked by Pentax to their specs. In an earlier post you stated this information came from Ned to you. I find this highly unlikely since the ones I've see are marked "Made in Japan" where the Tamron factory is located.
One should never feel secure in placing trust in "Made in XXX" labels. Different countries have different laws/regulations regarding when something may be said to have been made there.

I haul "tsukemono" (pickled vegetables) that were grown and processed in China. They're shipped to Japan in 500kg wooden boxes, then repackaged for sale in supermarkets.

The mere act of repackaging them satisfies the law enough to allow them to be labelled as "Made in Japan"
08-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
One should never feel secure in placing trust in "Made in XXX" labels. Different countries have different laws/regulations regarding when something may be said to have been made there.

I haul "tsukemono" (pickled vegetables) that were grown and processed in China. They're shipped to Japan in 500kg wooden boxes, then repackaged for sale in supermarkets.

The mere act of repackaging them satisfies the law enough to allow them to be labelled as "Made in Japan"
You are so right Mike. I've been involved with "Made in Korea" products that with a little ingenuity miraculously became "Made in America" but in this case there is no reason Pentax would want them labeled MIJ. If anything they would want them marked Made in Vietnam to add credence to the idea they made them.
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #131
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Totally true, as was transmitted to me via Pentax. Jack Howard complained to Pentax US and it went up the chain and eventually to the decision that was made.
Ben
Ben, I'm hoping you decide to still spend your $ on the gear for quite some time to come Pentax would have otherwise provided to you . Losing such a vocal advocate as you would suk!

Is the thread or post JH arguably felt was "actionable" still available on PopPhoto's site? I don't frequent that site, do you have a link?
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Ben, I'm hoping you decide to still spend your $ on the gear for quite some time to come Pentax would have otherwise provided to you . Losing such a vocal advocate as you would suk!

Is the thread or post JH arguably felt was "actionable" still available on PopPhoto's site? I don't frequent that site, do you have a link?
I was raving about Pentax and especially the new K20D as well as hinting the coming of new products without breaching my NDA obligations. He accused me of advertising for Pentax. He really did NOT like my brash style and basically said to Pentax, (in not so many words) "It's either Ben or Pop Photo, you can't have both..."

He kept asking me if I signed an NDA with Pentax. He must have asked three or four times. I never responded. He really wanted to nail me to the cross one way or another.

Ben
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #133
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I was raving about Pentax and especially the new K20D as well as hinting the coming of new products without breaching my NDA obligations. He accused me of advertising for Pentax. He really did NOT like my brash style and basically said to Pentax, (in not so many words) "It's either Ben or Pop Photo, you can't have both..."

He kept asking me if I signed an NDA with Pentax. He must have asked three or four times. I never responded. He really wanted to nail me to the cross one way or another.

Ben
I canceled my subscription to that Limey rag as did my grand father. I determined that I could buy a couple of good books a year via Amazon for what it was costing me. The articles that typically interest are usually weak and often don't do me much good.
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #134
Veteran Member

Jack Howard e-mail from Popular Photography to Me

Here is the e-mail dialogue between Jack Howard and myself: I am in Red Most recent at the top

"Please do not force me to escalate my displeasure with your behavior to my contacts at Pentax USA."

Thank you for your highly "Illuminating" and "Revealing" letter. "Methinks he doth protest too much"

Oh one more thing my career is not reliant on the brand I use, if you catch my meaning.

Best Wishes
Benjamin Kanarek
http://www.benjaminkanarek.com

On Feb 25, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Jack Howard wrote:

Mr. Kanarek:

You know very well why you have been banned from the Popular Photography forums.

Your CV may very well be impressive; however, that does not matter one iota.

You have been banned for your continual habit of posting confidential, proprietary information in advance of official release dates of Pentax products that you are privy to based upon a relationship with Pentax France. I have warned you about this on numerous occasions, and your tone, attitude, and reactions resulted in your immediate and permanent banning from the interactive areas of PopPhoto.com.

If Pentax France wishes to advertise on PopPhoto.com, they may contact our sales department; however, I simply cannot allow any individual with proprietary information to publicize this on the forums. I made you aware of this and warned you of the repercussions.

Just to jog your memory, here are a few choice snippets from my attempts to dialogue with you concerning your actions on the PopPhoto forums:

From me:

“Ben:

Unless you can furnish me with documentation that allows you to leak information or misinformation about future Pentax products and announcements, I cannot allow you, as an agent of Pentax, to make such claims and statements on these forums.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jack”

“Re: I need an answer

If you wish to censor me, that is your responsibility

Thanks in Advance
Benjamin Kanarek”

Yes it is, and yes I did.

By registering for the PopPhoto forums, you agree to abide by the terms of service of the interactive areas of our website. You did not act in good faith according to the Terms of Service, nor in my Private Message discourses to discuss this matter. As Administrator of the forums, I have the last word on who may and may not participate.

You were banned because you continued to post leaked proprietary information and you know this.

I find it disingenuous and embarrassing that you will then claim innocence and tout your CV whilst claiming that me and my team have somehow acted untoward.

Mr. Kanarek, there is significantly more to “professionalism” than the ability to make some decent photographs. It is the way you carry yourself and behave in all your public actions. And you have behaved very unprofessionally on my boards.

Allow me to repeat myself:

You are not welcome on the PopPhoto.com forums because of your past actions and behaviors. Any new alias or screename you create will be immediately banned.

Please do not force me to escalate my displeasure with your behavior to my contacts at Pentax USA.

Regards,

Jack Howard
Online Technology Editor
PopPhoto.com
Forums Adminstrator and Editorial Liaison

One more thing, that is if you ever studied LOGIC in your quote:

"Unless you can furnish me with documentation that allows you to leak information or misinformation about future Pentax products and announcements, I cannot allow you, as an agent of Pentax, to make such claims and statements on these forums."

False premise. I am NOT an AGENT of Pentax.

Mr Howard, it will be a great pleasure NOT to frequent your forum. You sir do not represent the ethical and moral precepts that I subscribe to. I understand your agenda as well as your minions.

Good Day and Good Riddance Sir...

Last edited by benjikan; 08-25-2008 at 04:09 PM.
08-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #135
Veteran Member

So, in other words what he was saying is that unless Pentax is prepared to pay, they're not willing to have someone credible and well known promoting Pentax on their forums?

In that case I applaud you for telling them where they can stick their magazine...