Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2017, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Pentax Demo Event in Edmonton

I hope this isn't a duplicate post, but if you are in the Edmonton area June 22 McBain Camera is having a Pentax demo event:
Pentax Demo Event | McBain Camera | Edmonton, Canada

Unfortunately for me I'm in Ontario...

06-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll forward this to my daughter. She lives in Calgary ... not that far, really.
Thanks for the info.
06-20-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, I'm in Edmonton and didn't know about this.
06-21-2017, 01:25 AM   #4

Whoever goes to that event, please report back your impressions.

06-21-2017, 04:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DougieD Quote
I hope this isn't a duplicate post, but if you are in the Edmonton area June 22 McBain Camera is having a Pentax demo event:
Pentax Demo Event | McBain Camera | Edmonton, Canada

Unfortunately for me I'm in Ontario...
Edmonton. Ontario. Same country, what's the big deal ? In little ole UK, Pentax Days are an extremely rare event. Would be worth hopping on the bus for ...
06-21-2017, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

It's good to see Pentax Canada taking this kind of initiative. I hope it's just the beginning and we'll see more of these all around the country. It's always a pain to see many Canon, Nikon, Fuji and Sony special days at the local B&M store but never a Pentax one. It certainly could increase the visibility of the brand.

QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
Edmonton. Ontario. Same country, what's the big deal ? In little ole UK, Pentax Days are an extremely rare event. Would be worth hopping on the bus for ...
Although I could jump in the next bus and head for Edmonton, it's something like a good 3-4 days ride from where I live and thus would arrived too late for the event.
06-21-2017, 06:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I'm always amused, we have had clients coming from Europe, we get questions like, " I have a cousin in Vancouver, do you know her?"

Be sure and get some pictures anyone who goes. We really like seeing Pentax stuff.

Maybe they'll have 3D printer versions of the 50 and 85 1.4s.

Last edited by normhead; 06-21-2017 at 09:11 AM.
06-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Would be worth hopping on the bus for ...
According to Google maps, it's about a 3300 km drive! And that's if the bus cuts through the US. That's similar to someone in London UK driving to Ankara Turkey. Might as well skip the demo and just buy the stuff!

06-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
...for a very long bus ride (it's only about 1,500 km from sparsely-populated northwestern Ontario to Edmonton, but about 3,400 km from where most Pentaxians live in Ontario). It requires being able to sleep while sitting up in the bus seat.
06-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
Ric
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was at McBain camera West Edmonton mall where I actually was able to handle a K1. It was cool that they had one in stock to demo. The size was very manageable for a FF but the weight I think will take some getting used to when I finally get one. It made my K5 seem quite small and yes light.
06-22-2017, 04:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think I would have to drive to Montreal to find a store that caries any Pentax gear. Henry's in Halifax might have a few thing left around. Anyway I am surprised Pentax Canada even has a Rep, I suspect pentax enthusiasts like myself and people on this forum have done more to push the brand than the company itself, which is a shame. If I still lived in Edmonton I would definitely go. Who knows maybe this is the start of cross country tour.
06-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I think I would have to drive to Montreal to find a store that caries any Pentax gear. Henry's in Halifax might have a few thing left around. Anyway I am surprised Pentax Canada even has a Rep, I suspect pentax enthusiasts like myself and people on this forum have done more to push the brand than the company itself, which is a shame. If I still lived in Edmonton I would definitely go. Who knows maybe this is the start of cross country tour.
A stop by Quebec City might be enough and will save you about 3 hours of road, assuming you're not getting stuck for a few more in the Montreal's traffic. There's at least one store in Quebec City, Photo Gosselin, with some demos of Pentax gear. Not that many lenses are available in store, but all the current cameras are usually there (K-1, K-P, K-3ii, K-70). Maybe Lozeau in Montreal has more lenses available for hands on testing, but I've never been there so I can't really tell.
06-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I was in Edmonton but was unaware of this event. But thecamerastore in Calgary has lots of Pentax if I needed to see more. My wife's first real job when we got together was working at McBain s.