Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Release of the Function Expanded Firmware Version 1.30 for PENTAX 645Z

Today, we are pleased to announce the release of the new function expanded firmware version 1.30 for PENTAX 645Z medium-format digital SLR camera (launched on June, 2014).

The function expanded firmware adds new features and increases the number of configurable setting to the current PENTAX 645Z medium-format digital SLR camera to further improve performance, ease of use and handling.

You can download the free function expanded firmware from the official website.

<Version 1.30>
Expanded function

1. Red-Lighted LCD Monitor Display Function
The PENTAX 645Z provides a red-lighted LCD monitor display function, which prevents the pupils of the photographer's eyes from constricting after they have become accustomed to a dark environment during astrophotography.

2. Outdoor View Setting mode
The Outdoor View Setting mode, which easily sets the optimum monitor brightness level for a given lighting condition.

【URL for firmware download page】
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

06-29-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
#2 is very handy. Smartphones have that functioneren and that comes in good when the Sun is out.
08-25-2023, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The only issue I have with the night vision mode is that it reverts back to a standard display when you turn the camera off, no way to keep it on full time. Still its' nice to have, but would be nicer to stay on or be able to relegate a custom button to do a one touch on/off with it

Edit: I take all that back! In the memory section of the shooting tab, you can check a box that lets the camera remember the nightvision setting and it will stay on after you turn off the camera. There was no mention of that on the firmware update so I thought I'd share it.

NOW I'M STOKED. This damn camera is awesome.

Last edited by Rush2112; 08-25-2023 at 06:55 AM.