QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Twitter

Steve
Thank you.
It seems legit.

06-30-2017, 05:30 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

Things to improve: Allow more room for things to improve comments.

Steve
I just wrote "Auto-focus, Auto-focus, Auto-focus, Auto-focus, Auto-focus, Auto-focus...." until I ran out of room. I guess they will know which survey was mine.
06-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Teacher! Ripper copied my work

Steve

(except the EVF part...not possible with true SLRs)
Great minds think alike...

As it relates to EVF - if live view is possible, why not an EVF?

06-30-2017, 06:25 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Done. I told them in no uncertain terms that:

1. They are doing great in the electronics department. I love my K-1.
2. Pentax needs to be a LENS company not just an electronic gadget company.

I said we need fast modern primes and a lot of them. 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 85, and 105 to be exact. And all fast and at least as good as all the modern FA Limiteds and preferrably all WR.

I also said their customer service sucks. If I buy a camera from a legit source I should be able to get service anywhere.

My last complaint was that they are slow and don't communicate very well at all. Everyone is pretty tired of all the speculation and not getting a straight answer about things.

06-30-2017, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hope everyone realises this is not from Tokyo, it's from what's left of the USA subsidiary (which has been downgraded according to various posts here over the last couple of years). Although, Tokyo may have requested that Ricoh Imaging USA do this.
06-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
As it relates to EVF - if live view is possible, why not an EVF?
The mirror is in the way. A pellicle mirror might work*, but the light loss to the optical finder would be significant.

Steve

* Google Canon Pellix
06-30-2017, 06:53 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
* Google Canon Pellix
Or just look at the Sony SLTs

06-30-2017, 07:04 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Done! Told them to rethink their whole fixed focal length lenses and stop making old glass. We need a Zeiss level 24/25mm lens as well as a great 28mm lens and get rid of the 31, 40 mm lenses altogether. A new 19mm pancake with HD and weather sealing would be superb! Everything fast and with new coatings and weather sealing across the board. If they standardize and consolidate, they can save lots of money and get us more useful focal lengths in this digital age of judicious cropping and software compensation (like DxO Optics Pro). Of course, many will hate my comment but I call it as I see it.
06-30-2017, 07:04 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Or just look at the Sony SLTs
Yes, the SLTs use a pellicle mirror, 'cept with those there is no optical viewfinder image. The pellicle splits to a PDAF module with the viewfinder image being fully electronic off the image sensor. The Pellix used a fixed pellicle mirror that split to an optical viewfinder with a light loss to the finder of -1.7 stops. FWIW, I was thinking of both the Pellix and SLT lines when I typed the comment.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-30-2017 at 07:21 PM.
06-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #40
Veteran Member

The mirror is in the way. A pellicle mirror might work*, but the light loss to the optical finder would be significant.

Steve

* Google Canon Pellix
Yeah, mirror-less for a traditional EVF, but an accessory type mounted or secondary EVF along with a traditional OVF is definitely doable implemented just like the live-view on LCD. You could switch between EVF and OVF with the mirror moving into the needed position, based on your selection.

Translucent mirror would likely be needed barring a technical breakthrough, for a hybrid OVF/EVF. I'm sure Pentax could engineer a hybrid solution, if it met their standards of high quality/performance and it made sense from a market stand-point. Those guys are pretty darn sharp!

Last edited by ripper2860; 06-30-2017 at 11:10 PM.
06-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #41
Banned

My 2c, is that survey is weird, and looks unifished.

Last edited by Uluru; 07-01-2017 at 12:05 AM.
06-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Like almost everyone else, I told them they need to get serious about producing truly competitive autofocus and quality video. I also told them that the mirrorless revolution is passing them by. I wrapped up by telling them that while I still have a soft spot in my heart for Pentax, I find myself using my Pentax gear less and less often because there are more relevent alternatives for me.
06-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #43
Pentaxian

I think Pentax sorta listens to their customers' feedback. I gave mine a while ago. I'm still wishing for a K-5 software update so that we can use the new 55-300 PLM lens. I also asked for an 80-400. Not that a lot of us want one. It's kinda the right long lens for me. I hope if they make one it won't be that heavy.
07-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Can you post a link to Ricoh's tweet that includes this? I can't seem to find it and this seems suspicious.
Why do they need an email address?
also on their fb page:
Ricoh Imaging - Home | Facebook

also on their instagram:
Ricoh Imaging (@ricohpentax) ? Instagram photos and videos

07-02-2017, 04:09 AM   #45
Pentaxian

This is a cheap survey if you have to use facebook, instagram or a second hand link in this forum to inform Pentax users...
Told them obvious things. Too many qestionaires and announcements. Hand over the D-FA 85 and start working on morr glass.
Closed Thread