Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 58 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2017, 04:49 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
My 2c, is that survey is weird, and looks unifished.
I hope you filled out the survey and let them know their survey needs polishing.

07-02-2017, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Exactly what I mentioned.

I did ask for a DFA 24-105 f/4 a DFA 18-40 f/4 and a DFA 200mm macro, though.
I suggested enthusiast quality f/4 zooms generally. Same idea.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-02-2017 at 03:46 PM.
07-02-2017, 06:25 AM   #48
Pentaxian

I suggested a faster execution of the roadmap (if possible; I don't want compromised products launched in a hurry). Specifically, I told them I want that ultra wide.
07-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Thanks. And yet somehow, I now feel worse about mine.
Aw, don't, looks like you have a decent set of lenses, too. I know it's practically heresy, but sometimes I think there is such as a thing as too many lenses ...

07-02-2017, 07:06 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buffy Quote
Aw, don't, looks like you have a decent set of lenses, too. I know it's practically heresy, but sometimes I think there is such as a thing as too many lenses ...
Thanks. I'll own up o the fact that I have too many, far too many, to shoot. It's the number of lenses that I own that is rather embarrassing, but on the positive sire it has been quite a while since I have purchased a lens or camera so it seems that my GBA/LBA has diminished. I suspect I'll be paring the collection and moving to a K1 with perhaps a 6 top-line lenses. Don't get me wrong, it's been a blast collecting them, but enough is enough.
07-02-2017, 09:37 AM   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Yeah, mirror-less for a traditional EVF, but an accessory type mounted or secondary EVF along with a traditional OVF is definitely doable implemented just like the live-view on LCD. You could switch between EVF and OVF with the mirror moving into the needed position, based on your selection.
Yes, something like that might work. A much earlier Ricoh product from the late 1960s comes to mind. The TLS 401 SLR had two viewfinder options. The main was a conventional eye-level finder and the other was an eyepiece mounted on the top of the prism housing that allowed usage similar to a right angle viewfinder adapter. A switch on the side on the prism allowed one to toggle between the two. Here is a photo from Flickr showing the camera in use:

...and also an interesting in-depth article by another enthusiast:

A Fistful of Brass: Spotlight/Roll: Ricoh TLS 401

Steve
07-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm still hoping for a 150-600. I have pretty much all I need. Just a nice long zoom for wild life. I have my lenses from the auto focus film days. Just ordered a K1 to go with my K3ii.

07-02-2017, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #53
Veteran Member

VR/360 Video Workshop & Pentax Images Printing - Sponsored by APD

THIS is effective..dropping some hints here, Ricoh..we know you read us..
07-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
+1

Now waiting for the D FA 28mm f2.8 PLM announcement shortly.......
Hey now, I want f/2! They'll have to send it back to the drawing board!
07-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mock Quote
Hey now, I want f/2! They'll have to send it back to the drawing board!
Do we hear f/1.4?

Steve

(...new rumors, fresh daily...)
07-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Uhm, what happened to the previous survey? Were they completed by Ricoh? What did Ricoh do to it?

Last edited by wed7; 07-02-2017 at 08:14 PM.
07-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #57
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Uhm, what happened to the previous survey? Were they completed by Ricoh? What did Ricoh do to it?
Good question... I don't think anyone here really knows... despite our guesses and opinions.

There was also a poll for firmware features and another for lenses (from a lengthy list of lens choices divided into primes and zooms) I would like to know about those too.

I know I'll get dumped on for saying this (oh well), but I half wonder if they simply offer a poll each year just to give us the impression our opinions matter.

This one looks like they spent an hour coming up with questions and then slapping the survey together. It doesn't look like someone who knows camera equipment or form design actually did the work.. why else give a tiny one line bar to type in gear owned and another for gear wanted. haha in any case, I squeezed all I could think of in there.

Unless they intend on spending a LARGE amount of manhours reading everyone's unique posts and deriving some results, I don't see the point. I mean, it would have made much more sense to hone the questions into A, B, C, D type responses that can be easily weighed to form trends from the data. But they left it all sorts of open... chaos.. which is why I wonder if they are really going to read all / care about the results.

Anywho, largely my votes were for lenses (a Sigma 100-400 f/5-6.3 type lens and an ultrawide zoom such as a 16-35mm f/4 or 18-35 f/4 that accepts threaded round filters on the front, or cozying up to Tamron and/or Sigma to get more lenses out of the door for K mount) and better autofocus tracking. Then telling them their lens release timeframe is too slow. Pick it up or get left behind. Oh and it is time for them to invest in us if they want us to continue to invest in them.. have to spend the money to make the money. Plus they should market the cameras -- advertise. No one outside of a tiny bubble here really know Pentax still exists and just how quality the cameras are really. They need to work on that too.
07-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I kept my want list short when i took it. The da 645 25mm, and some sort of t/s for the medium format system. I figured because they had already manufactured the 25mm lens, shouldnt be too hard to bring it back. Its only wishful thinking though

07-02-2017, 11:29 PM   #59
Pentaxian

I told them I like big, bright optical viewfinders and in the field for how they can improve:
"Create an FA (preferred) or D-FA 135mm f/1.8 Limited screwdrive lens.

Bring back the K10D four-way controller buttons on the next flagship cameras. I don't need a button on the back dedicated to white balance. How often does the average user change white balance? I move the selectable AF focus point with nearly every shot.

A faster flash sync speed would be nice.

Lastly, develop a firmware update to add a 1/24,000 second electronic shutter speed in the K-1."
07-03-2017, 12:47 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, completed the survey
Closed Thread