Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 58 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2017, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
My 2c, is that survey is weird, and looks unifished.
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
I hope you filled out the survey and let them know their survey needs polishing.
I don't know about it looking "unifished", but I went fishing for unifocals…

07-03-2017, 04:30 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
from ricoh's twitter feed, there's a new(?) survey:

Pentax Survey
i just took this survey and suggested that they bring back the 28mm Hollywood lens designed by ERNHARD GLATZEL
07-03-2017, 04:51 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Dr Erhard Glatzel, without "n".

K 28/2

SMCÂ* PENTAXÂ* 28mm f (in Italian)
07-03-2017, 05:04 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I know I'll get dumped on for saying this (oh well), but I half wonder if they simply offer a poll each year just to give us the impression our opinions matter.
Dump, dump, dump, dump, dump...

no-one has done it, so I thought I better

More seriously, the poll is a bit vague, and the trouble with that is that you get a wide spread of answers which will probably result in a;lack of consistent clarity as to what people actually want, even if they do mean to take account of it.

Last edited by ffking; 07-03-2017 at 10:40 PM.
07-03-2017, 05:34 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Well, Ricoh Imaging had a very extensive lens survey so I assume they don't need another.
There was a camera survey, too - was it Japan-only?
07-03-2017, 05:47 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Dr Erhard Glatzel, without "n".

K 28/2

SMCÂ PENTAXÂ 28mm f (in Italian)
Yes thx for the correction, bur yea that is the one they need to bring back, PRONTO.
07-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
Yes thx for the correction, bur yea that is the one they need to bring back, PRONTO.
Do not forget Yasou Takahashi, your legendary Pentax contrast on your lens is there, thanks to him..

07-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lopez Quote
Do not forget Yasou Takahashi, your legendary Pentax contrast on your lens is there, thanks to him..
I just Googled this guy, cant find any such thing. Where did you get that Intell from?????????
07-03-2017, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #69
Pentaxian

It's Yasuo Takahashi (the Japanese spelling is a bit counter-intuitive to native English speakers, I guess... and the other way around )
He worked on quite a few lenses:
through the viewfinder: Known Pentax lens designs and designers

L.E. To be pedantic, you can actually spell "ya-sou/sō" in Japanese.

Last edited by Kunzite; 07-03-2017 at 09:18 AM.
07-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's Yasuo Takahashi (the Japanese spelling is a bit counter-intuitive to native English speakers, I guess... and the other way around )
He worked on quite a few lenses:
through the viewfinder: Known Pentax lens designs and designers
Thankyou
07-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Bring back the K10D four-way controller buttons on the next flagship cameras. I don't need a button on the back dedicated to white balance. How often does the average user change white balance? I move the selectable AF focus point with nearly every shot.
Never had a K10 so maybe I am off base on this. But I also use the AF focus point buttons a lot more than the WB or drive mode or whatever the functions are. But on the K-1 there is a setting to give AF selection priority so that the default behavior of the buttons is AF selection. You then need to hit the "shift" button to get to drive mode, but that is worth it to me. If that is helpful let me know and I can look up the setting. If I misunderstood your comment, then sorry, never mind.
07-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #72
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Dump, dump, dump, dump, dump...

no-one has done it, so I thought I better

More seriously, the poll is a bit vague, and the trouble with that is that you get a wide spread of answers which will probably result in ack of consistent clarity as to what people actually want, even if they do mean to take account of it.
haha ugh you got me. *dumped on*

It is easy to get attacked here for views that are deemed negative by those attacking. Even if the view is accurate.. so I place the caveat there just so I know I'm 'stepping out of line' with my thoughts in that they aren't always cheery happy unicorn and rainbows.

There was a post on here, I thought in this thread, that mentioned the commenter thought maybe RI have only interns doing the work during the summer... since we only get this level of attention in the summer. That and this poll is really unpolished. I think possibly. I'm not sure I'd trust interns to handle the insight into their customers though. And, if there aren't interns handling this work, then wow the bar is low in the marketing department these days.

It would be nice if, after a couple of months, we got a response back from the marketing dept about their findings.. or at least a brief 'we heard you.. thanks for the insight' type message back.
07-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
haha ugh you got me. *dumped on*

It is easy to get attacked here for views that are deemed negative by those attacking. Even if the view is accurate.. so I place the caveat there just so I know I'm 'stepping out of line' with my thoughts in that they aren't always cheery happy unicorn and rainbows.

There was a post on here, I thought in this thread, that mentioned the commenter thought maybe RI have only interns doing the work during the summer... since we only get this level of attention in the summer. That and this poll is really unpolished. I think possibly. I'm not sure I'd trust interns to handle the insight into their customers though. And, if there aren't interns handling this work, then wow the bar is low in the marketing department these days.

It would be nice if, after a couple of months, we got a response back from the marketing dept about their findings.. or at least a brief 'we heard you.. thanks for the insight' type message back.
Have people already forgotten the marketing piece that Pentax USA e-mailed out where they Photoshop'ed a camera into a girls hands and completely blew it. The picture of the girl was from a micro-stock site and the scale was completely off making the girl look like a giant with huge hands.

Pentax K-S1 Promo Features a Bad Photoshop Job

The KS-1 piece was released in the Fall after all the interns went back to school. There is no way summer interns would have ever screwed up the Photoshop that bad. That had to be management.

Last edited by Winder; 07-03-2017 at 04:19 PM.
07-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #74
Pentaxian

@mee:
Maybe we should start mentioning which "Ricoh Imaging" we're talking about
Ricoh Imaging Japan is busy with photo schools, exhibitions, equipment trials and so on. They are also responsible for R&D, thus best served by product-related surveys. I think that monster lens survey was their doing.

@Winder:
Perhaps it's time to forgive mistakes made years ago, don't you think? AFAIK that image was a proof of concept of some sort, and it wasn't supposed to be sent to customers.
Other brands' users are able to get over things that are much worse; for example Huawei's clear misrepresentation of their phones' camera performance: https://petapixel.com/2016/07/05/huawei-implies-dslr-image-taken-p9-smartphone-gets-slammed/
That was not a silly mistake, that was dishonest. Huawei users don't care.

Last edited by Kunzite; 07-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.
07-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Never had a K10 so maybe I am off base on this. But I also use the AF focus point buttons a lot more than the WB or drive mode or whatever the functions are. But on the K-1 there is a setting to give AF selection priority so that the default behavior of the buttons is AF selection. You then need to hit the "shift" button to get to drive mode, but that is worth it to me. If that is helpful let me know and I can look up the setting. If I misunderstood your comment, then sorry, never mind.
You understood what I was asking for, thanks. Changing the four directional buttons to prioritize AF point selection was the first thing I changed when I got the K-1. I'm glad I have the option, but it seems counter-intuitive to have to make the settings adjustment in the first place.
Closed Thread