Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2017, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2017 PF T-Shirt Contest!

Our annual T-shirt contest is back for a 2017 edition! This year, we're going to keep things simple:

Theme: cameras, lenses, and/or photography, incorporating the PF logo (download here) - let your imagination rule

Deadline: July 31st August 6th, by the end of the day your time

To enter: post each submission in a reply to this thread, as an attachment (be prepared to e-mail a high-res version if you're a winner)

You can choose to enter as many designs as you'd like.

Prizes: Each winner will each receive two free shirts shipped to their door, plus a Loyal Site Supporter forum account upgrade

Requirements and restrictions:
  • Important! Your design can't have more than 10 colors (preferably fewer), so avoid the use of photos
  • Only the central area on the front of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves
  • Unedited photos can NOT be printed - you must either vectorize the image or reduce the number colors
  • Your design must include the Pentax Forums logo. You may alter the colors or make minor changes / additions
  • You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos (i.e. K-1, K-3, etc), and traces of official product photos, or any product photo found on PF's homepage
  • You may not use any other photo or work subject to copyright, without permission
  • You may not use the official Pentax logo font (type out Pentax instead)
Once we're closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning designs. We plan to pick two winners, but may opt for more if there are many exceptional designs.

I'm very excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Good luck and let your imagination go wild!

This year, we will continue T-shirt production through Teespring, who we've been very happy with since they were able to slash global shipping costs.

To get you started, here are four top designs from last year:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Our annual T-shirt contest is back for a 2017 edition! This year, we're going to keep things simple:

Theme: cameras, lenses, and/or photography, incorporating the PF logo - let your imagination rule

Deadline: July 31st

To enter: post each submission in a reply to this thread, as an attachment (be prepared to e-mail a high-res version if you're a winner)

Prizes: Each winner will each receive two free shirts shipped to their door, plus a Loyal Site Supporter forum account upgrade

• Important! Your design can't have more than 10 colors (preferably fewer), so avoid the use of photos
  • Only the central area on the front of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves
  • Unedited photos can NOT be printed - you must either vectorize the image or reduce the number colors
  • Your design must include the Pentax Forums logo. You may alter the colors or make minor changes / additions
  • You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos (i.e. K-1, K-3, etc), and traces of official product photos, or any product photo found on PF's homepage
  • You may not use any other photo or work subject to copyright, without permission
Once we're closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning designs. We plan to pick two winners, but may opt for more if there are many exceptional designs.

I'm very excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Good luck and let your imagination go wild!

This year, we will continue T-shirt production through Teespring, who we've been very happy with since they were able to slash global shipping costs.

How/where can I purchase one from the selection shown above?
07-08-2017, 06:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Shakey Quote
Official Pentax Forums Shirts | Teespring
07-08-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shakey Quote
Some of them will make a return alongside the 2017 shirts, so stay tuned!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2017, 11:00 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Here is mine. I did the 5 axis illustration as there are so many features unique to just Pentax because of their 5 axis mechanism.

Added a text version
Attached Images

Last edited by Tesla; 07-10-2017 at 02:12 PM.
07-10-2017, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I don't know if the original illustration is copyrighted. It appears on many sites besides Ricoh's. Also I've altered the original significantly.. I don't know if that changes copyright?
I believe this is a press photo, and we have received permission to use such photos so you should be good.

Adam

07-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
Pentaxian

@Adam do you have a larger version of that K-mount t-shirt design? I don't see it in the for-sale items, but I would like to see the design

07-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
@Adam do you have a larger version of that K-mount t-shirt design? I don't see it in the for-sale items, but I would like to see the design
Here's the biggest I have:

2015 Pf Design 2a Red T-Shirt | Teespring

Adam

07-10-2017, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #9

shirt contest

shirt contest
Attached Images

07-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
Pentaxian

K-1 logo
Attached Images

07-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hoping to see more entries!! Last time, there were many great entries to judge.
07-18-2017, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #12
smf
Pentaxian

pdf is attached to this post

My several attempts to get my humble design to appear in a post have failed. All I've been able to do is have it appear as a downloadable attachment (as with this post).

It is a pdf.

Best wishes to all entrants!
Stu
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2017 PF design.pdf (126.4 KB, 241 views)
07-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Theme: cameras, lenses, and/or photography, incorporating the PF logo - let your imagination rule

Deadline: July 31st

Where is the Pentax Forum logo to download? I don't see it in the above instructions.
07-20-2017, 12:40 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by captureit Quote
Where is the Pentax Forum logo to download? I don't see it in the above instructions.
I think I originally forgot to add the link to the post. Here it is:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/43-travel-events-groups/2597...t-pf_logos.zip

Adam

07-20-2017, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #15

Photos: Gallery
My idea for 2017
Attached Images

Closed Thread