Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm there!

07-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gkey Quote
It seems that I am unable to add my location (Greece). What am I doing wrong?
When you click on the button, you'll be able to drag your marker to any location on the map. Then, click on save.

QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Hi, When I open the map there is no marker to drag to my location! Regards.
But you are seeing the map? If so it would probably just be easier to try another browser, or disable any script blockers you might be using.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #33
Veteran Member

The lone marker shows in the middle of the Atlantic so it is very easy to miss it. I am not sure but it also was at the Equator. A long way from where most would look. I missed it the first time. Can't you use the location in the profile?
RONC
07-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
The lone marker shows in the middle of the Atlantic so it is very easy to miss it. I am not sure but it also was at the Equator. A long way from where most would look. I missed it the first time. Can't you use the location in the profile?
RONC
Not seeing any such marker?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty cool. Spanaway, WA USA is now in.
07-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not seeing any such marker?
Where is the marker supposed to show for someone setting their location the very first time? On second try I had to move the map to see my marker. No problem moving to my location then.
RONC
07-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When I set mine, the marker was on the UK. I didn't zoom in to check, but I guess it was fixed on the Greenwich meridian marker.

07-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Make sure you enable Java in your browser.
07-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Already the maps shows quite a number of users. (Including the odd one claiming to be nowhere near where they actually are)
What a cool feature!
Attached Images

07-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #40
Pentaxian

It doesn't look like the map is available through the browser on my mobile phone. Can't find any link in the drop down menu anyway, only in this thread.

It would be nice to have the map easily available on the phone as well, since that's a more practical item to bring with you when you're travelling and want to find fellow pentaxians.
07-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's interesting to see which countries have no markers. C'mon Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Serbia, Croatia, practically the whole of Africa and the middle east, .... And I have to say that Japan is pretty underwhelming!
07-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
It doesn't look like the map is available through the browser on my mobile phone. Can't find any link in the drop down menu anyway, only in this thread.

It would be nice to have the map easily available on the phone as well, since that's a more practical item to bring with you when you're travelling and want to find fellow pentaxians.
I just added a link to the main menu.

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
It's interesting to see which countries have no markers. C'mon Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Serbia, Croatia, practically the whole of Africa and the middle east, .... And I have to say that Japan is pretty underwhelming!
Yes, and that trend is also reflected in our general audience. Japan seems to have an aversion to sites in English- most of their Pentax users seem to frequent local sites only. As for the other regions, I don't think the brand has a significant presence there.

Adam

07-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #43
Pentaxian

I tried to add my location from the link but got only Error saving location, no data submitted
07-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
I tried to add my location from the link but got only Error saving location, no data submitted
Try using another browser. Once you see the map you should be able to add your location.

Adam

07-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got my pin situated using my iPhone