Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yes, that is my concern as well - but we sort of know what they're working on (the lens roadmap). My guess (or hope, if you wish) is that we'll start seeing why it takes so long next spring.
Technologically, lenses should last longer than digital camera bodies, so, executing their roadmap of lenses becomes important to get those new products into the hands of as many as soon as possible.

DSLR's or MILC's should last much shorter because of tech advances compared to older film bodies. Not having to pay for film and developing pays for the body over a few years of steady use. I would not be surprised if digital bodies of different kinds increase in sales slightly a few years from now. There is only so much that a smartphone can do unless you want something like this:

LINK TO: RED patent for modular cell phone!

Who knows, maybe that will be a big hit??

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cipa data, dslrs, dying, june, pentax news, pentax rumors