Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax/Ricoh HQ in Colorado, New Jersey, now Georgia?

Where on Earth is the Ricoh Imaging HQ in the U.S.? Did they recently move to Atlanta? Can't keep track.

08-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I think they just have a Post Office box now.
08-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think Ricoh Imaging Americas is kind of a virtual company. It has employees who do actual work but it doesn't seem to have physical offices. It appears everything is done by Skype; the sales force seems to be Brokers; most of the visible business flags (website, webstore, Customer Service, etc.) seem to be contractors. They don't seem to stock parts, they don't do repair or warranty work, they don't seem to have inventory - so I shouldn't be surprising to learn they don't have offices.
08-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think Ricoh Imaging Americas is kind of a virtual company. It has employees who do actual work but it doesn't seem to have physical offices. It appears everything is done by Skype; the sales force seems to be Brokers; most of the visible business flags (website, webstore, Customer Service, etc.) seem to be contractors. They don't seem to stock parts, they don't do repair or warranty work, they don't seem to have inventory - so I shouldn't be surprising to learn they don't have offices.
They have a large office/service/distribution near the airport in Charlotte and other offices across North Carolina for the copier clientele. Used to drive by it every day before escaping Charlotte.

08-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Pentaxian

If like in Europe, RI's french offices have merged with Ricoh's headoffices in an economy making decision, more than a year from now.
The "logistics" has been kept in Germany as far as i know and up to now.
After-sales and repair service has been subcontracted for years, with returns to Japan for more highly qualified works.
08-02-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No local office and remote locations is less a problem these days, shipping is fast, parcels sent in the afternoon arrive the next day in the morning, as long as there is someone to take care.
08-03-2017, 02:06 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
Where on Earth is the Ricoh Imaging HQ in the U.S.? Did they recently move to Atlanta? Can't keep track.
Their HQ is just outside NYC, same as Ricoh proper. Atlanta is their new in-house tech support center, which has also been merged with Ricoh's.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-03-2017, 02:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Ricoh has some surplus copier sales force. Maybe some of them could try their hand on Camera's
08-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Ricoh in North America is pretty much strictly a copier company. They sell copiers here under the Ricoh, Savin and Gestettner brands, each brand into a different channel. As far as I can see, Ricoh effectively does not have a presence as a camera company in this part of the world anymore. What little bit of new product that makes it into the U.S. market anymore seems to be strictly via back channel operations through a few mail order vendors. It really is a shame.
08-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

virtualized company

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Their HQ is just outside NYC, same as Ricoh proper. Atlanta is their new in-house tech support center, which has also been merged with Ricoh's.
So, the copier help desk people will try to diagnose camera problems? They had better have an organized knowledge database and (up-to-date) written procedures or it will not go well....
08-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #11
Pentaxian

My friend works for Ricoh, He didn't believe me when I told him Ricoh makes good cameras; he either missed the memo or it was never distributed to the copier folks.

HQ has moved 3 (?) times since they bought Pentax. That lack of stability concerns me.
08-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
My friend works for Ricoh, He didn't believe me when I told him Ricoh makes good cameras; he either missed the memo or it was never distributed to the copier folks.

HQ has moved 3 (?) times since they bought Pentax. That lack of stability concerns me.
Pentax Marketing never seemed to do much anyway. Maybe the few left will learn something from the Ricoh HQ people. It is not a horrible idea to "rationalize" back office, marketing, tech support as long as they don't chase away the more knowledgeable workers. And it is an opportunity for the Pentax folks to "evangelize" the Ricoh folks, Pentax needs more visibility WITHIN the larger organization.
08-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

Ironic and amusing.. is he interested in photography?
08-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Ironic and amusing.. is he interested in photography?
He is not a photographer. I know him via my astronomy hobby.
08-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #15
mee
Veteran Member

He is not a photographer. I know him via my astronomy hobby.
Ah that is not too bad then... global multinationals generally have enough wings to not know what everyone else is doing or even producing.

I still find it funny that he didn't believe that Ricoh made good cameras.