Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
If USA represent 30% of the world market and a company with 5% market share can afford to leave their online shop closed for 6 weeks. Take a restaurant, close it for 1 month and see how many customers never come back.
Ricoh has a pretty large retailer network in the USA. In New York and New Jersey alone, you can buy Pentax at a minimum of 10 stores and several of those have very good online stores. Your analogy of the restaurant being closed is bizarre to say the least.

08-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is not what I stated.
Not deliberate FUD, it's not invented, if they currently stop making the k mount version, the only thing I could do is to keep silent. Yes, some anonymous people sometimes come over here and troll, it's not me. On the other hand I don't like blindness. If I'd recommend people to buy Pentax now, there would be a certain amount of dishonesty in my recommendation, and if RI would stop making Pentax cameras, those people who I recommended to buy Pentax camera would not like me at all. Do you want to be some of these people online who would deny anything including the truth, sure no one can catch you only , anonymous is easy, and disappear when something goes wrong? Nice.
So, are you saying that, if Samyang are not making k-mount lenses that you believe Pentax is doomed?
08-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #78
Pentaxian

@biz-engineer:
"Americas" represents 26% of the SLR shipments according to CIPA, so the U.S. is obviously less than that. And Pentax sales through the Ricoh Imaging web store (as opposed to those through dealers like B&H, Adorama, etc.)?
Your restaurant example is invalid, it's a physical location as the only way to sell their products. Even so, it's not a given they would lose customers. With Ricoh Imaging's webstore? People would just shrug it off, "oh well, I'll order from B&H as usual".

Keep silent about what? You were only saying "if Ricoh Imaging would stop making Pentax cameras", you're offering no information. It's interesting how you're not considering the possibility that they continue making Pentax cameras.
08-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Mark Jerling
"they" refer to the previous post => Samyang.
So, to be short, due to nikkei rumors, webshop thing, no delivery of what I ordered, I don't have confidence, hence holding off on any new k mount purchase.

08-12-2017, 04:16 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"they" refer to the previous post => Samyang.
So, if Samyang is not making k-mount, that for you is a reason not to buy Pentax? And the April Nikkei rumor? Please! Buy from Adorama or B&H. I'm sure they'll have stock.
Please stop spreading FUD.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 08-12-2017 at 04:22 AM.
08-12-2017, 04:23 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So, if Samyang is not making k-mount, that for you is a reason not to buy Pentax? I'm intrigued.
Good question, if stocks of a lens k mount version is not being rebuilt, for me, that's not a good sign.
08-12-2017, 04:54 AM - 5 Likes   #82
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd remind everyone of the forum rule on brand-bashing... This is PentaxForums, and - had the thread continued in this manner - I suspect I'd need to have acted on that rule.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread