Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chitownarcher Quote
Hello everyone,

Like most of everyone here has mentioned that the date keeps getting pushed back. I checked before typing this and It's now August 16.

It seems like the only update they are doing is changing the date. How much are they paying that person to change the date every week?

I was thinking of buying a KS2. I know it's not in the US website, but it's listed in the Japanese site.

Should I just stay clear of Pentax?
Their webstore is being redone. Feel free to buy from Adorama, B&H or one of the other large retailers in the mean time.

08-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, we should not make wrong conclusions. Although, I've order a Samyang K mount version and no delivery after 4 weeks , no delivery after 6 weeks, and now it was said not delivery before end of October... No K mount until when??... We can't conclude anything, because it may be that there is not enough demand for that lens to be continued in k mount, and the Ricoh Imaging are going to make higher end product with less production quantities (not at the Leica price). We could even imagine that Ricoh Imaging are currently designing a brand new system that beat them all, and for that they require a new mount (optimistic scenario) or they just exit the camera business (pessimistic) but we don't know until all these things are officially announced. For the time being, I decided to stop buying any new k mount product and I recently sold some of it. If I buy something beside the K1, it's going to be a Fuji XT20, not a Pentax KP. I've been a loyal Pentax only customer for 20 years, but now the situation is just way too obscure with Pentax, and the Fuji products are nice and produce good images, so why bother.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-12-2017 at 03:51 AM.
08-11-2017, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I want to correct an earlier post in this thread in which I stated that prospective buyers are not able to find product information, downloads, etc. on the website. I was wrong. It appears all the links except the web store itself appear to be working fine. There is product information. The photo gallery still works and you can still get downloads. My apologies for spreading misinformation.
08-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Update:
QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging US:
until August 16th.

That must be some update. The new shop better kick ass. We have expectations now

Home - Ricoh

08-12-2017, 02:23 AM   #65
Pentaxian

They actually fixed some stuff (the K-1 product page, for example).
08-12-2017, 03:00 AM   #66

As of Thursday parts of the webstore were working. If you browse the lenses some have the "add to cart" button. Seemed to work but I never went as far as actually entering payment information. And even if the order went through it probably won't be processed until all the changes are done.
08-12-2017, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
.....We could even imagine that Ricoh Imaging are currently designing a brand new system that beat them all, and for that they require a new mount (optimistic scenario) ......
Do you honestly think Pentax / Ricoh will alienate (almost) their entire user base and abandon K-mount?

......or they just exit the camera business (pessimistic)......
I try my very best not to react to FUD posts, but really?

......but we don't know until all these things are officially announced.....
Indeed.

......so why bother.
Enjoy your new system. I suspect quite a few of us will continue to happily shoot Pentax, for many, many years to come.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 08-12-2017 at 04:11 AM.
08-12-2017, 03:24 AM   #68
Pentaxian

S
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Do you honestly think Pentax / Ricoh will alienate (almost) their entire user base and abandon K-mount?
Well, Sony changed their mount and they are now more successful than Pentax.

---------- Post added 12-08-17 at 12:31 ----------

I try my very best not to react to FUD posts, but really?
Not deliberate FUD, it's not invented, if they currently stop making the k mount version, the only thing I could do is to keep silent. Yes, some anonymous people sometimes come over here and troll, it's not me. On the other hand I don't like blindness. If I'd recommend people to buy Pentax now, there would be a certain amount of dishonesty in my recommendation, and if RI would stop making Pentax cameras, those people who I recommended to buy Pentax camera would not like me at all. Do you want to be some of these people online who would deny anything including the truth, sure no one can catch you only , anonymous is easy, and disappear when something goes wrong? Nice.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-12-2017 at 03:52 AM.
08-12-2017, 03:31 AM   #69

I wonder how the FUD merchants come up with all those fantastic conclusions. Counting the USA English/Spanish and Canadian French/English sites as one each Ricoh Imaging has 48 sites linked globally. And only the US site is down for maintenance/redesign and it's not even down, just the store is not fully functional.
08-12-2017, 03:34 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Enjoy your new system. I suspect quite a few of us will continue to happily shoot Pentax
Sure, why not.

form many, many years to come.
I can't comment on this. Only the future can tell.
08-12-2017, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #71
Pentaxian

You are commenting on it when you're talking about dishonesty in recommending Pentax, and RI stopping making K-mount products.
08-12-2017, 03:45 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
And only the US site is down for maintenance/redesign and it's not even down, just the store is not fully functional.
If USA represent 30% of the world market and a company with 5% market share can afford to leave their online shop closed for 6 weeks. Take a restaurant, close it for 1 month and see how many customers never come back.

---------- Post added 12-08-17 at 12:46 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You are commenting on it when you're talking about dishonesty in recommending Pentax, and RI stopping making K-mount products.
Yes, should I keep silent? You have to tell.
08-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, Sony changed their mount and they are now more successful than Pentax.
Sony has long been more successful than Pentax, but I doubt that can be directly attributed to their mount. It's more likely to be a result of their investment in sensor technology and the increase in mirrorless sales.

Not deliberate FUD, it's not invented, if they currently stop making the k mount version, the only thing I could do is to keep silent. Yes, some anonymous people sometimes come over here and troll, it's not me. On the other hand I don't like blindness. If I'd recommend people to buy Pentax now, there would be a certain amount of dishonesty in my recommendation, and if RI would stop making Pentax cameras, those people who I recommended to buy Pentax camera would not like me at all.
Where have you read that Pentax/Ricoh is not making k-mount? Surely, if Samyang is not (currently) producing K-mount that cannot be taken as an indication of Pentax/Ricoh's future?

Do you want to be some of these people online who would deny anything including the truth, sure no one can catch you only , anonymous is easy, and disappear when something goes wrong? Nice.
I'm not anonymous. My user name is my real name and my location can be found fairly quickly with a simple google search.
08-12-2017, 04:00 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I wonder how the FUD merchants come up with all those fantastic conclusions. Counting the USA English/Spanish and Canadian French/English sites as one each Ricoh Imaging has 48 sites linked globally. And only the US site is down for maintenance/redesign and it's not even down, just the store is not fully functional.
Indeed. The Japan site's shop is fully functional.
08-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #75
Pentaxian

Where have you read that Pentax/Ricoh is not making k-mount?
It is not what I stated.
Closed Thread