Some first pictures from a German retailer:

Pentax K-1 in Silber ? Pentaxians
09-12-2017, 06:21 AM   #243
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zeitlos Quote

Very nice! Adam, any idea when these bad boys will ship?
09-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #244
Forum Member

I would prefer the silver edition of the K-1 if the price was the same. I own 3 silver body of the K-3 and I like the design, especially with the dozen silver/black FA lenses I own ;-)

09-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #245

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zeitlos Quote

early
??????????K1?????????_????
09-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #246
Site Supporter

Answer to my own question: "Today."
09-12-2017, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #247
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Answer to my own question: "Today."
Yup, B&H just shipped out all pre-orders and still has plenty of bodies in stock!

Pentax K-1 Limited Silver DSLR Camera with Battery Grip 19957

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #248
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, B&H just shipped out all pre-orders and still has plenty of bodies in stock!

Pentax K-1 Limited Silver DSLR Camera with Battery Grip 19957
It seems to me it indicates that the camera is not sold out by pre-orders world-wide...Low interest of customers?

09-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #249
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It seems to me it indicates that the camera is not sold out by pre-orders world-wide...Low interest of customers?
I think they pre-partition it by region. But if we assume the US got something like 100 units, the pre-order demand was certainly met.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-12-2017, 11:59 PM   #250
Pentaxian

It's interesting - certainly nobody who has a K-1, and was aware of its strengths and weaknesses when they bought it, will be in the market to replace it with a newer model for several years- so people aren't waiting for that - and I'm not sure how collectable DSLRs really are, with their built in obsolescence - so the market for this camera is based on people who have money and like the look or want a second body that looks different from the first - which probably isn't that huge. Personally I feel that a slight slowness of uptake might be symptomatic of the loss of momentum in product releases from RI - confidence is often more important than reality in business, and Pentax doesn't currently feel like a brand that's going places. I sincerely hope that they remedy this in the near future - even if I wasn't a Pentax loyalist, I wouldn't want to see another brand that has made a big contribution to photography go under - especially due to corporate lack of daring. Come on Ricoh - Imagine the future, Change the present.
09-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #251
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I'm not sure how collectable DSLRs really are, with their built in obsolescence - so the market for this camera is based on people who have money and like the look or want a second body that looks different from the first - which probably isn't that huge.
I could be wrong, but I expect the main demand for the silver K-1 - indeed, any of the so-called collectable / limited edition bodies - will come from Japan. Elsewhere, I'd think the demand would be pretty low.

As you say (and I'd agree), DSLRs have a degree of built-in obsolescence; plus, they're far less user-serviceable than their film ancestors, so - to some extent, at least - they're more disposable longer-term.
6 Days Ago   #252
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
It's interesting - certainly nobody who has a K-1, and was aware of its strengths and weaknesses when they bought it, will be in the market to replace it with a newer model for several years- so people aren't waiting for that - and I'm not sure how collectable DSLRs really are, with their built in obsolescence - so the market for this camera is based on people who have money and like the look or want a second body that looks different from the first - which probably isn't that huge. Personally I feel that a slight slowness of uptake might be symptomatic of the loss of momentum in product releases from RI - confidence is often more important than reality in business, and Pentax doesn't currently feel like a brand that's going places. I sincerely hope that they remedy this in the near future - even if I wasn't a Pentax loyalist, I wouldn't want to see another brand that has made a big contribution to photography go under - especially due to corporate lack of daring. Come on Ricoh - Imagine the future, Change the present.
Just like the folks who are willing to spend $1k on an iPhone, there will be those Pentax users who will want to add a silver K-1 to their kit just because they want to.

And it looks like we spoke too soon- B&H is now out of stock as of this afternoon, so that's a full sellout after just over 24 hours.

However, I don't think they received very many units.

Adam

6 Days Ago   #253
Pentaxian

Out of stock at Adorama too.
6 Days Ago   #254
Pentaxian

And it looks like we spoke too soon- B&H is now out of stock as of this afternoon, so that's a full sellout after just over 24 hours.
Good to hear - momentum matters
6 Days Ago   #255

Any idea if the included strap is different than the usual one?