Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2017, 12:10 AM - 1 Like   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alpheios Quote
Unfortunately the colors don't match. The Lenses have a slightly warmer more brassish tone than the camera. At least that's what it looks like on the pictures. Hopefully it won't be that much of a difference when holding it in your hands otherwise this would be a complete fail.
Wow, tough crowd.

If it's same colour as the K-3 Premium Edition it will look dope.

08-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #122

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Wow, tough crowd.

If it's same colour as the K-3 Premium Edition it will look dope.
Your posted combination looks to be a perfect match. In my experience the FA Limiteds have a very slightly different (warmer) silver tone than the DA Limiteds. Don't get me wrong here. I always liked the edition cameras. But since the match with the FA Limiteds was obviously intended for the silver K-1 it just has to be perfect and not just close.

Last edited by alpheios; 08-24-2017 at 01:51 AM.
08-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Such great timing to release this on the exact day the Nikon D850 is launched. Pentax is really claiming the spotlight now!
08-24-2017, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #124

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Such great timing to release this on the exact day the Nikon D850 is launched. Pentax is really claiming the spotlight now!
I have the same problem with the release date...

08-24-2017, 03:05 AM   #125
Pentaxian

none of the large photography sites have reported on it yet apart from ephotozine, but they have always been pro Pentax.
08-24-2017, 04:55 AM   #126

This is not for me ... I prefer classic black.

The KP, yes, I think it's fine in silver...

Regards!
08-24-2017, 05:01 AM   #127
Pentaxian

Knowing Pentax, a silver edition for top models happens after a while. It was a question of when they'll bring it out. I've learned it from the K-5 up.
08-24-2017, 05:55 AM   #128
Pentaxian

none of the large photography sites have reported on it yet apart from ephotozine, but they have always been pro Pentax.
^^LoL^^

---------- Post added 24-08-17 at 05:57 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by alpheios Quote
Your posted combination looks to be a perfect match. In my experience the FA Limiteds have a very slightly different (warmer) silver tone than the DA Limiteds. Don't get me wrong here. I always liked the edition cameras. But since the match with the FA Limiteds was obviously intended for the silver K-1 it just has to be perfect and not just close.
Exactly.
The only one "Silver edition" getting the proper FA silver colour is and has ever been the K200D

08-24-2017, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

Meh...

The shiny silver plastic they use looks cheap, I'm sorry, and it doesn't match the Limited lenses.

They need to bring back metal, a la Apple, specifically, aluminum. If this camera was brushed aluminum and really matched the Limited lenses, they would truly have a drool worthy camera. It couldn't be that much ore costly to pour some melted aluminum into molds than doing the same with melted plastic. And they would have an icon on their hands.

Just my 2¢.

My prettiest camera? My near-spotless black Spotmatic from 1964, in full metal regalia. If they would ONLY listen to me and bring that design back...

Cheers,
Cameron
08-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Wow, tough crowd.
Indeed! Just like the black model, it's too expensive for me, but I think it looks fantastic.
08-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #131
Pentaxian

Nikon are a long way behind with this,it'll be a long time till its available in SILVER!
08-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
The shiny silver plastic they use looks cheap, I'm sorry, and it doesn't match the Limited lenses.

They need to bring back metal, a la Apple, specifically, aluminum. If this camera was brushed aluminum and really matched the Limited lenses, they would truly have a drool worthy camera. It couldn't be that much ore costly to pour some melted aluminum into molds than doing the same with melted plastic. And they would have an icon on their hands.

Just my 2¢.

My prettiest camera? My near-spotless black Spotmatic from 1964, in full metal regalia. If they would ONLY listen to me and bring that design back...

Cheers,
Cameron
How doesn't the silver paint on the K-P photo above match that on the Limited lenses? The paint on the K-1 looks similar, from what I can see. While I agree that any paint (it's not coloured plastic) may be subject to damage of various sorts, the colour of bare anodised aluminium isn't the same as the chrome on the older film Pentaxes. I have two black Pentax film bodies and while one (the ESII) is nearly undamaged, the other (the K2DMD) shows lots of brassing, which admittedly some people like, but not me. So, our black K-1s will probably show "magnesiuming" or "plasticking" with wear, over time. No difference, really, except with the silver instead of black paint, it shouldn't be so noticeable.
08-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote

They need to bring back metal, a la Apple, specifically, aluminum.
The top has to be plastic to make the GPS work. Other than that, I'd like to see the whole thing in 3-d printed titanium!
08-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #134
Pentaxian

Original Poster
08-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #135
Pentaxian

Hide us in silver those already prominent and thus hideous black wheels !