Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #151
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Meh. I don't like the relative weights of the black and silver. The KP is nicer.

None of them really looks right with the contrasting lens color.

08-27-2017, 11:20 PM - 1 Like   #152
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Maybe because the Pentax user doesn't need to take 1840 shots to get a decent result.
There is no any connection between result and quantity of shots.
08-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #153
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Ogl will still be on PF complaining.
Where did you see complaining? It's just technical specs and nothing else.

I came back to film mechanical camera and use DSLR rather rare now and I don't care about shots of Nikon or Pentax.
08-27-2017, 11:49 PM   #154
Pentaxian

If you don't care, why did you mention it?
Of course you care, you care to put Pentax in a negative light with every occasion. You're complaining a lot, and - given the admittance from your last post - about products you have no interest in buying. Price "too high" - why would you care? You're not buying. No serious reviews - why would you care? You're not buying (can't use that lens on a mechanical SLR). Lack of Sigma Art lenses - why would you care? You're not buying (nope, can't be used either). Even autofocus became irrelevant for you.
And don't tell me it's all because of love and concern.

By the way, in certain conditions I can manage about 1500 frames from a single battery with my K-1... surely, in same conditions I'd get significantly more than the CIPA-measured number on the D850, too.

08-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #155
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
If you don't care, why did you mention it?.
It's just discussion. Idle pastime. Do you understand that fact is just fact and there is no any personal attitude here?
1840 is more than 760. More shots is better. It's objective fact, not subjective. The battery's specs are too limited and the number of shots is the most important.

But I can do shots without battery.

Last edited by ogl; 08-28-2017 at 12:38 AM.
08-28-2017, 01:22 AM - 8 Likes   #156
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's just discussion. Idle pastime. Do you understand that fact is just fact and there is no any personal attitude here?
Hmmm.

If so, if you were to make a pie graph of your posts, Ogl, divided into categories of:

-Supportive of other members pictures and opinions
-Posting own photos
-Helping troubleshoot members problems
-Taking part in forum challenges or contests
-Brightening everyone's day with social chitchat
-Moaning and whining about the brand

... what would the proportions look like?

Are you still sure you don't have an attitude?

. The battery's specs are too limited and the number of shots is the most important.
You can't possibly complain about this when you have to change film every 36 shots!
08-28-2017, 01:29 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax has a 7.2v 1860mAh (14Wh) battery. Nikon has a 7.0v 1900mAh (14Wh) battery. Almost the same. Yet Nikon gets more than double the shots out of it. How so? I think Nikon has tuned their camera's for CIPA testing.

08-28-2017, 02:04 AM   #158
Pentaxian

1840 is more than 760. More shots is better. It's objective fact, not subjective. The battery's specs are too limited and the number of shots is the most important.

But I can do shots without battery.
There is a personal attitude here, and is one of brand bashing.

And it's not like it's making any sense, you say you can do shots without battery... 760 frames is about 20 (changes of) rolls of film. And changing film is more cumbersome than changing a battery.

---------- Post added 28-08-17 at 12:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Pentax has a 7.2v 1860mAh (14Wh) battery. Nikon has a 7.0v 1900mAh (14Wh) battery. Almost the same. Yet Nikon gets more than double the shots out of it. How so? I think Nikon has tuned their camera's for CIPA testing.
Perhaps Nikon is using more energy efficient circuitry?
I know their EXPEED is supposedly a Milbeaut-family processor, like Pentax PRIME - but it could be a branch made with a smaller process, resulting in a lower power consumption. Nikon, with their much higher volumes, could do that - while Pentax would mostly get off the shelf products.
But this is just a guess.
08-28-2017, 02:48 AM   #159
Pentaxian

Perhaps Nikon is using more energy efficient circuitry?
Could be but Canon is showing similar battery life as Pentax (a bit better which can be explained by the use of IBIS) with virtually the same battery as Pentax. Canon could certainly afford a smaller process you would think.
08-28-2017, 02:52 AM   #160
Pentaxian

Thats not the case. Most battery consuming feature is built in shake reduction.Enabled by default for Pentax cameras. Nikon numbers are shown for usage with disabled/ nonSR lenses.
08-28-2017, 03:04 AM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
Most battery consuming feature is built in shake reduction.
Could you back up this claim with some Data?

Battery life of stabilized and non stabilized Sony A7 camera's is almost the same. There is only a significant difference between A7r an A7rII (340 vs 290) which can be explained by the use of a different sensor (a7 and a7 II a7s and a7s II have the same sensor).
08-28-2017, 03:07 AM   #162
Pentaxian

It doesn't have to be the processor; more aggressive power saving algorithms, a less power intensive LCD, different operating defaults (e.g. no "Guide Screen" by default)...
There are too many factors which could have an influence, and not necessarily in intuitive ways.
08-28-2017, 03:08 AM   #163
ogl
Banned

There is a personal attitude here, and is one of brand bashing.

Only inside the eye of your mind.
08-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #164
ogl
Banned

. 760 frames is about 20 (changes of) rolls of film. .
Did you ever hear that it's real to have more than 36 shots inside cassette? If to use film bobbin and to load the cassette by myself?
08-28-2017, 03:14 AM   #165
Pentaxian

Only inside the eye of your mind.
and some others......