Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
It really doesn't, but lets not forget in all this that this person did suggest FF in September long before Ben did...
I pretty sure Wendy B. exists and really lives in Michigan. I just wanted to see some links to previous NG work.

Edit: Whether WendyB is a pseudonym is a different story.

08-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #47
RaduA

Pentax stigmata and Munchausen Syndrome

I won't kick this person as she's already knocked out by so many others. Many here know my past little wars with WB anyway. I've suspected her of lying because my informations were

He/she's a real person, one that payied as a site suporter and most likely is a Pentax fan. So deep into Pentax that he/she may of developed a "pentax stigmata" like those really fervent believers (or fonny and stupid enough to fake it). Claims that at 37 you have 30 years experience with Pentax, that you have 236 lenses (it's not the number but the PRECISE number), claims that you test the best of major brands in paralel are pretty much as sick as they are funny.

Look here: Stigmata ASSAP

excerpt: "Some stigmatics might even be prone to Munchausen Syndrome. This illness relates to those who want to be ill, or more specifically, to those who want to get the care and attention that illness generates. Some go to the extent of seeking unnecessary operations in order to fulfil their needs. Such people are usually identified as having low self-esteem generally because of sexual or physical abuse, or oppression and rejection."

Maybe this person's desire to really become something important in the world he/she loves determined this behaviour.

In the light of recent events I tend to pity him/her.

Radu
08-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Thanks, Blue. I kinda sorta understand what's going on. We have a mystery in our midst. But what a boring mystery it is!

There are only two possibilities here.

First possibility: Wendy B is a total fraud. Could be a sixteen year old lonely boy wishing he was a beautiful female professional photographer who does shoots in Paris and gets published in National Geographic and Audubon and maybe Maxim as well. Or could be a lonely housewife in her fifties whose fantasies are essentially the same as the hypothetical lonely boy's. Heck, maybe she's a fourteen year old Chinese gymnast pretending to be a sixteen year old gymnast who just won a couple gold medals at the Olympics. In any case, this is sad and boring and deserves to be ignored.

Second, Wendy B is only a partial fraud. Not exactly sure how this works. Maybe Wendy really is a photographer. I'd be willing to bet that Wendy actually owns a camera, or at least a cell phone that has a camera feature. Or maybe Wendy really does have some contacts inside Pentax, maybe she's Ned B's housekeeper, or maybe she dated some guy who works at Wolf Camera. What is clear is that Wendy B doesn't want to reveal anything about herself that can actually be checked out, no photos, no real name, etc. As far as I am concerned, this is even more pathetic - and even less interesting.

If somebody comes to me and says, I work for the CIA and I have info you don't have about something really bad/really good that's about to happen, I ask, (1) What's the info? and (2) What exactly do you do at the CIA? If they cannot answer BOTH questions convincingly, I am forced to conclude that they are a nutter. This is the kid's game of "I know a secret but I can't tell you."

Will
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Wendy only made this vague statement. Do you know how big the Tuilleries are?
Ok, that explains it to me. I know Tuilleries and esp. with no precise time given this wasn't an invitation to join. I just thought we get this apparent contradiction out of the way quickly. What we now did. Thanks.

Yes, if WendyB would be real (he isn't) it would be a nice example of Guerilla marketing

08-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
If somebody comes to me and says, I work for the CIA and I have info you don't have about something really bad/really good that's about to happen, I ask, (1) What's the info? and (2) What exactly do you do at the CIA? If they cannot answer BOTH questions convincingly, I am forced to conclude that they are a nutter. This is the kid's game of "I know a secret but I can't tell you."

By the way, in fairness to Wendy B, I hasten to say that logic doesn't always lead one to the truth. The person in my scenario above might actually NOT be a nutter. Might actually be a CIA agent who knows something important that she just can't reveal to me but which she wants me to know she knows. Actually this is the setup for a number of stories and movies - the secret too important to be kept but too dangerous to be revealed.

But those of us who are not in the know, have no choice but to conclude that the person's a nutter.

Will
08-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
But if she is working with Pentax, than they have most certainly changed their marketing approach radically, especially when it comes to "Buzz Marketing".
I'll say!
08-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
By the way, in fairness to Wendy B, I hasten to say that logic doesn't always lead one to the truth. The person in my scenario above might actually NOT be a nutter. Might actually be a CIA agent who knows something important that she just can't reveal to me but which she wants me to know she knows. Actually this is the setup for a number of stories and movies - the secret too important to be kept but too dangerous to be revealed.

But those of us who are not in the know, have no choice but to conclude that the person's a nutter.

Will

OK...OK...OK...I'll Talk...I'll Talk...Just turn off the F'ing Hot Lights.

I am Wendy B.

Just kidding...But in the classic Hitchcock vein.....oooooooo scary!

08-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #53
Veteran Member

I heard that Pentax USA hired "some Advertising firm" not long ago, maybe this is one of their scams?
08-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #54
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Ok, that explains it to me. I know Tuilleries and esp. with no precise time given this wasn't an invitation to join. I just thought we get this apparent contradiction out of the way quickly. What we now did. Thanks.

Yes, if WendyB would be real (he isn't) it would be a nice example of Guerilla marketing
Well, she at least exists enough to sell Pentax lenses on FleaBay. She has sold several over the past few months and has this one for sale at the moment.

Pentax SMC F 50mm 1.7 Auto Focus lens for DSLR and SLR on eBay, also, Lenses, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo (end time 24-Aug-08 02:19:09 BST)

Edit: Here story here rules out Hiroshi Suzuki being her father/uncle. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/15547-just-introdu...me-member.html
08-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will

But if you are under NDA or simply confidence, and want to leak, how do you do it? If you want to be under a false name in order not to reveal yourself. However, the private mails, was taking it to far. Better drop whatever bomb you have and watch the fun...
Anyway, lets not get nasty here talking about delusions...There are many here under aliases for that matter...I promise not to spill their names...

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 08-22-2008 at 03:51 PM.
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I won't kick this person as she's already knocked out by so many others. Radu

You are priceless. Utterly priceless
[deleted what you said you would not do]
08-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perhaps these are her photos

Here are some photos by a Wendy Bradley in Michigan that took 2nd and 3rd place in a contest:

HBF Fun Page

Not exactly Nat Geo, but it looks like she owns a camera at least.
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Real Japanese have more honor than that..
After a quarter-century of living amongst them, may I gently suggest that the honor/honesty/etc stereotypes are so far overblown that you may safely quit believing in them?

There are more people with the surname Suzuki in Japan than you can shake a stick at, by the way.
08-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #59
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
You are priceless. Utterly priceless
[deleted what you said you would not do]
Pal,

In your avatar your look pretty smart. But it's what your write that usualy gives you away as not.

Radu
08-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aha, a web page ...

Perhaps here are more of her photos:

Photo Gallery by Wendy S. Bradley
Closed Thread