Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #76
Damn Brit

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Did nobody else watch Psycho?

Ben...Wen(dy)... too close for comfort!
Shall we call him/her BENDY

08-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
OK...OK...OK...I'll Talk...I'll Talk...Just turn off the F'ing Hot Lights.

I am Wendy B.

Just kidding...But in the classic Hitchcock vein.....oooooooo scary!
Damn It you just violated your NDA with Wendy B!!
08-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I'm Spartacus, let's see how many more people stand up and pretend to be me.
No I'm Spartacus!!
08-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #79
Damn Brit

Wendy B is Valerie Plame, Dick Cheney told me.

08-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #80
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by KA5TXL Quote
No I'm Spartacus!!

"No, I'm Spartacus
08-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

This is quite interesting.

I haven't been privy to all of the apparent tussles that have been happening with Wendy, but I came to a similar conclusion independently, based on three odd postings... Going by memory:

1) First time I encountered Wendy, she wrote about going to estate sales on weekends to buy lenses and camera equipment, and then returning home to her husband and children to look over her finds at the dining room table in her Gross Point home. I remember thinking, "how idyllic." She also often ran into a 'Walter' character at the estate sales, who was her nemesis - he would scuffle with her for the equipment, etc. I thought it sounded hilarious, and remember thinking that it almost sounded like a script. But I believed everything.

2) 2nd time - Wendy had just happened to run across and purchase (on a lark) a Pentax MF 50mm lens that said "1:1.2" on it. She started a thread to ask if anyone had ever heard of this "1:1.2" aperture lens, and that she was confused, because she had only seen "1:2" before that. She didn't know what it was, or what it was worth - even though she supposedly had 200+ Pentax lenses and had been using Pentax for decades. I remember thinking: "OK........ Hm."

3) There was some big dust-up in some part of the forum that I missed that involved Wendy, and I think the whole thread was deleted, so I didn't see what was in it, but I gleaned that Wendy had been quite nasty to someone. After that, she started a "I'm leaving the forum" thread, in which she revealed that the reason she had been so nasty was that she had been misdiagnosed with cancer, and that the doctor had been looking at the previous patient's data and thought it was hers. She thought she was dying, so she drove off to some vista overlooking a lake that was her favorite meditation-type place (going by memory here.) The doctor (!) and husband were frantically out looking for her, because they had discovered that the cancer diagnosis was the other patients, and they both found her at the lake vista gazing forlornly out over the water. After everything was explained, they found the 'real' cancer victim and now Wendy was her friend.

That finally did it for me - I realized I was encountering someone who posted excerpts from Lifetime-channel movies - starring her - in her head.

I have ran across people like this in real life, so I think I can recognise it.

I also strongly suspect that alchohol is involved when we see the posts from her.

Anyway, it's a bit sad, and I think we should actually give her a break, for two reasons: 1) either she's really everything she says, and we're untrusting jerks, or 2) she really deperately needs attention, and has a good imagination.

If it's #2, it's not something anyone should get angry about, it's just something to.... be aware of.

Last edited by jsherman999; 08-22-2008 at 08:21 PM.
08-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #82

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Mallee Boy sits down in vacant chair next to kmanlaker:

"Popcorn ready yet?" sorry for being late, but cyber traffic was gridlocked and couldn't get here

So whats going on? Who's this Wendy chick thats got the hots for Ben?

Anyone got the photos?
kman finally gets back to computer and says National Enquirer = $$$$$$

lol
kman

08-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #83
Ed in GA

I think that Wendyb's signature/tag line should be.....

"Everything I will ever tell you is a lie. And, that's the truth!"

I think Jsherman has it pegged.
08-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #84
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
After that, she started a "I'm leaving the forum" thread, in which she revealed that the reason she had been so nasty was that she had been misdiagnosed with cancer, and that the doctor had been looking at the previous patient's data and thought it was hers. She thought she was dying, so she drove off to some vista overlooking a lake that was her favorite meditation-type place (going by memory here.) The doctor (!) and husband were frantically out looking for her, because they had discovered that the cancer diagnosis was the other patients, and they both found her at the lake vista gazing forlornly out over the water. After everything was explained, they found the 'real' cancer victim and now Wendy was her friend.
Didn't that happen in General Hospital?
Guys, if you find yourself in Grosse Point Farms and in need of an operation....................... pray.
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #85
Site Supporter

Apparently everyone missed this fleabay link the first time. S(he) has used the WendyB moniker there for over 2 years and has sold several Pentax lenses. Grosse Point is also used as a location.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Well, she at least exists enough to sell Pentax lenses on FleaBay. She has sold several over the past few months and has this one for sale at the moment.

Pentax SMC F 50mm 1.7 Auto Focus lens for DSLR and SLR on eBay, also, Lenses, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo (end time 24-Aug-08 02:19:09 BST)

Edit: Here story here rules out Hiroshi Suzuki being her father/uncle. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/15547-just-introdu...me-member.html
08-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Here is one more message I received from her just after the above:

"Did it ever occur to you, that I know your relationship did not end."
personally I dont really care one or the other about WendyB (but understand why some people get upset etc), and I love the pentax rumor mill as a form of entertainment but

this comment strikes me as odd, I thought you'd changed to holga and spongebob, is this saying you are still with pentax too??? 3 at once, you are a legend !!!
08-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #87
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

. . .
Anyway, it's a bit sad, and I think we should actually give her a break, for two reasons: 1) either she's really everything she says, and we're untrusting jerks, or 2) she really deperately needs attention, and has a good imagination.

If it's #2, it's not something anyone should get angry about, it's just something to.... be aware of.

There's a lot to be said about showing some mercy. She had some people roped in though and that was kind of funny on their part.
08-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Mallee Boy sits down in vacant chair next to kmanlaker:

"Popcorn ready yet?" sorry for being late, but cyber traffic was gridlocked and couldn't get here

So whats going on? Who's this Wendy chick thats got the hots for Ben?

Anyone got the photos?
Ok, so every once in a while I like to lurk and read threads like this but not jump in the fray. Then there is a post like this one in the thread that makes me laugh out loud and I have to post. Too stinkin' funny!
08-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #89
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Ok, so every once in a while I like to lurk and read threads like this but not jump in the fray. Then there is a post like this one in the thread that makes me laugh out loud and I have to post. Too stinkin' funny!
Did it ever occure to any of you how foolish this thread is?

It could quite be that Wendy and I had dinner tonight, it could quite be that Wendy is not my real name but she is a close friend of mine and is aware of the situation.

Ben you were invited and you did not show. You would have seen the shoot without question and recognised the equipment. Most likly you wrote it off to a night of drinking and could not arrive. Plain factor is we shot for seven days, quite hard to miss. You could have held the holy grail of 645's future in youre hands.

Youre loss.

Bash on,

Last edited by WendyB; 08-23-2008 at 01:25 AM.
08-23-2008, 02:03 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Did it ever occure to any of you how foolish this thread is?

It could quite be that Wendy and I had dinner tonight, it could quite be that Wendy is not my real name but she is a close friend of mine and is aware of the situation.

Ben you were invited and you did not show. You would have seen the shoot without question and recognised the equipment. Most likly you wrote it off to a night of drinking and could not arrive. Plain factor is we shot for seven days, quite hard to miss. You could have held the holy grail of 645's future in youre hands.

Youre loss.

Bash on,

I'm sorry I missed it, but I was at a "Brothel" in Pigalle on a sex binge for two weeks and didn't know night from day...

I'll be using my new 645Dll at the same "Brothel" in the first week of September, your welcome to come and watch the shoot. You can't miss me, just walk around Pigalle and look through all of the windows. I am sure you'll find me. I am the guy holding the Minolta Flash meter. But hey, don't tell anyone, as this will be our little secret.

SHHHHHHHHHH......

Ben
Closed Thread