Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #106
Veteran Member

When I get some photosurveillence/private investigation type of work integrated into my business, and my card reads, "Private Photosurveillence", I will shoot all of the redheads in

forget it, ive already wasted too much energy

08-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #107

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Shut the "F" up..You could have contacted me privately...Now the Duck is out of the Bag.

Not Kool....

Ben
so that's what the pros are shooting with,. a duck camera....
08-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
Maybe one of them will. Who knows? The mods on this forum are (fill in the word of choice).
absent?

I don't know, I went tru this whole thread, and while it is posted in 'the news and rumors' section, I still have to find the first news or the first rumor...

Och well, if you all keep posting some 30 pages more, maybe there will be sth new to discover...

And I concur with Thibs: even if what she said isn't true, it isn't any reason to bash her so bad...
08-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nakey Quote
so that's what the pros are shooting with,. a duck camera....
Pro photogs are ducks, didn't you know that??

Proof! WhattheDuck.net

08-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #110
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Pro photogs are ducks, didn't you know that??

Proof! WhattheDuck.net
Wow. 64 tera-pixels.
08-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
After a quarter-century of living amongst them, may I gently suggest that the honor/honesty/etc stereotypes are so far overblown that you may safely quit believing in them?
Guess I'm lucky the ones I know in Toronto (working for Honda) are old-style. They actually believe that part of their code of ethics is not to impose on others, etc.
08-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
It's Ned, we know it's you, buddy.
Wait a sec...if you take WendyB...and take off the W..and right shift the characters by 2 which is the number of extraneous characters at the end...it spells NED! It must be Ned Bunnell....the last name of B was the obvious hint! Eureka...

signed,

Spartacus...the rest of you are just poseurs...
(yeah, I know..sophmoric humor....<shrug>)

08-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #113
Veteran Member

You all might be Spartacus, but I'm Gunga Din.
08-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #114
Veteran Member

"Like sands through the hourglass...these are the days of our lives."

That's all I have to say...
Heather
08-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #115
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
You all might be Spartacus, but I'm Gunga Din.
How long before Jesus arrives?
08-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Guess I'm lucky the ones I know in Toronto (working for Honda) are old-style. They actually believe that part of their code of ethics is not to impose on others, etc.
You're getting a very small sliver of the society, and one which is far from being representative. You're dealing with ex-pat businessmen from a major corporation. That means: good upbringing, good-to-elite educational background, etc. You don't get to see the run-of-the-mill folks.

I remember a young Japanese man from such a background, just finishing an engineering degree, who told me he had always wanted to drive trucks and had determined to do so for six months after college, since otherwise he would be locked in his professional career and never have the chance.

I saw him after he had been driving for a few weeks and asked his impressions. He said...with some degree of shock and disbelief..."I never knew there were people like this in Japan!"

Mind you, he was a Japanese male from the same background as the guys you meet working for Honda in Toronto. Grew up his entire life here.....and had never had to rub elbows with the blue-collar hoi polloi in all that time. And their ways, manners, ethics, mores, etc. were different enough to be shocking to him.

Like I said, forget the glowing stereotypes. Even the ones that are meant to reflect positive traits are just as inaccurate as the ones that are negative.
08-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just thought I would try and summarise this bit of nonsense for those of us with a sense of humour. No offense is implied or intended to anyone, but in the true spirit of any half respectable soap opera..................

It appears that Wendy B claims to have set up an elaborate ploy to get Ben into her "clutches" (be careful with that one), which Ben missed because he got the address wrong and went to a brothel instead. As it turns out, Holga was doing a product test at the brothel so naturally, in the interest of art:ugh:, Ben stuck around, (just to offer advice on lighting, angles, composition etc) thus missing the action further up the road with Wendy B, who got a bit upset at this.

Now, what we have learnt since is that it really wasn't Wendy B at all who set up the initial meeting. It was a 'friend'... who was determined to do the dirty on her best friend and goes by many identities, namely Spartacus and Jesus, although other disguises have been Ned, Ben, Neb, Den, The Phantom, Bendy & Robin (although we all saw through that one!), Gunga Din, Superman and Wonder Woman. However, the most difficult personna to recognise is when she adopts the disguise of the Invisible man....very hard to see.

Lost ya yet ? ..... no? well your doing well, as I've lost myself!...which I think was back around the brothel somewhere so I just better pop back there and see if I can find myself.

But how to disguise myself to get in past all these Holga security people...dressed like The Phantom, Superman ...oh sorry, didn't see you..(just bumped into the Invisible Man) ...

Yeah yeah, I'm going! I'm going..... but I bet your smiling.

PS: hey its Sunday....more coffee.

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 08-23-2008 at 05:24 PM.
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Mind you, he was a Japanese male from the same background as the guys you meet working for Honda in Toronto. Grew up his entire life here.....and had never had to rub elbows with the blue-collar hoi polloi in all that time. And their ways, manners, ethics, mores, etc. were different enough to be shocking to him.
Very true...perfect description of the guys I met from Honda...engineering degrees, raised to do the right thing, etc. Wrong of me to generalize from that one bit of exposure. In any culture, you have the darker side (and WendyB :-) and in war, there is much darkness in the human race, no matter what army they're in...
08-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Just thought I would try and summarise this bit of nonsense for those of us with a sense of humour. No offense is implied or intended to anyone, but in the true spirit of any half respectable soap opera..................

It appears that Wendy B claims to have set up an elaborate ploy to get Ben into her "clutches" (be careful with that one), which Ben missed because he got the address wrong and went to a brothel instead. As it turns out, Holga was doing a product test at the brothel so naturally, in the interest of art:ugh:, Ben stuck around, (just to offer advice on lighting, angles, composition etc) thus missing the action further up the road with Wendy B, who got a bit upset at this.

Now, what we have learnt since is that it really wasn't Wendy B at all who set up the initial meeting. It was a 'friend'... who was determined to do the dirty on her best friend and goes by many identities, namely Spartacus and Jesus, although other disguises have been Ned, Ben, Neb, Den, The Phantom, Bendy & Robin (although we all saw through that one!), Gunga Din, Superman and Wonder Woman. However, the most difficult personna to recognise is when she adopts the disguise of the Invisible man....very hard to see.

Lost ya yet ? ..... no? well your doing well, as I've lost myself!...which I think was back around the brothel somewhere so I just better pop back there and see if I can find myself.

But how to disguise myself to get in past all these Holga security people...dressed like The Phantom, Superman ...oh sorry, didn't see you..(just bumped into the Invisible Man) ...

Yeah yeah, I'm going! I'm going..... but I bet your smiling.

PS: hey its Sunday....more coffee.
08-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #120
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Old-style Japanese honor is also B.S. They gunned down over 100,000 civilians (mostly women and children) when the lost the battle at Manila wen MacArthur returned. In addition to that, they trashed historic buildings etc. out of spite.

Edit: But we are off topic.

No country is free of guilt. Everyone did something less than honorable back then. Just look at the fire bombings on civilian Japanese targets by the Americans as one example. In fact, America killed more innocent Japanese civilians than Japan did form all countries they invaded during the war. These are noncombatant deaths I speak of.

Every country is guilty of some evil act in modern history. It's just that history is written by the winners and vilifying the losers is how they attempt to justify their wrongs.

The Japanese were far from the worst in modern history. There is no need to bring up such a topic on a camera forum. Let's please just keep it to camera talk.
Closed Thread