Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
She doesn't post photographs ever, anywhere. That's enough for me.
Is that your sole reference point? I'm a second WendyB then...
Thank you for the pretty nice compliment...

08-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Is that your sole reference point? I'm a second WendyB then...
Thank you for the pretty nice compliment...
are you even a photographer? do you actualy own a camera?

and sole reference point or not, on a photogaphy forum where we discuss photography and photographic equipment, particulary our subjective impressions of the afromented, posting pictures is a pretty significant requirement, especially if you are going to be leading important photography related discussions.
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote

and sole reference point or not, on a photogaphy forum where we discuss photography and photographic equipment, particulary our subjective impressions of the afromented, posting pictures is a pretty significant requirement, especially if you are going to be leading important photography related discussions.
I rather agree with Gooshin that thibs's comment didn't make much sense, although I wouldn't respond quite so aggressively.

Lots of people in this forum don't post photos, for a variety of good reasons. Some are too busy. Others are shy. Some perhaps simply don't take many pictures that are worth sharing in a forum.

However, when somebody claims to be a pro photographer, well, it should not be so hard to find evidence of the person's ability. A pro without photos begins looks like a con.

Will
08-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #154
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Well, she at least exists enough to sell Pentax lenses on FleaBay. She has sold several over the past few months and has this one for sale at the moment.

Pentax SMC F 50mm 1.7 Auto Focus lens for DSLR and SLR on eBay, also, Lenses, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo (end time 24-Aug-08 02:19:09 BST)

Edit: Here story here rules out Hiroshi Suzuki being her father/uncle. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/15547-just-introdu...me-member.html

"When the i-st D came out my hubby bought it for a Christmas present figuring we would save on film cost. I made him return it because there was no way in hell at that point in time I was ever going to give up film. (Stubborn red head Scot that I am)"....
Stubborn red head from the historical Scottish Suzuki clan. Something doesn't seem consistant. Sad...

08-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #155
Veteran Member

i'm Vladimir Putin, no big surprise here though
Now THAT IS a russian name....
08-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #156
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought there was a statement made by said subject about being a nurse after a particularly embarrassing diatribe I only heard about after the fact ... "Some of you that know me already are aware of this. For those of you that do not, my profession in life is a surgical nurse."
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-pentax-photography/27752-leaving-forum-end-note.html

...so do nurses usually make trips 1/4 way around the world for intricately setup pro-like out-door location shoots? I don't know, I'm not a pro, or a nurse... I'm just asking. ...

Last edited by m8o; 08-24-2008 at 02:07 PM.
08-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
And you all should be. When it comes to the point of being absolutely full of yourselves most everyone who responded to this thread including my self are guilty of the crime.

Ben I am sorry and apologize. I baited you and you took the worm, hook line and sinker and set it in your lips very deep. Plus gave you an easy out by joining us in the shoot. You did not.

Unfortunately for all of us we all continue to think we "know it all" most of us do not.

And we never will. Sometimes we are better off not knowing it all, because then we think way to much. But then the penalty for free thinking and knowledge takes the course. Consider the the Copernican system of heliocentrism.

Oh yes the world is flat . Did you believe that because your good friend told you so?

Think about it.

Or maybe then most of you are not on the same educational equivalent.

An individual who has been revealed as telling lies from the begining, then trying to cover his/her tracks with incoherant ramblings and education claims (further lies?) in an effort to seperate his/herself from the trainwreck.

I would suggest Wendy (?) that you learn from this to ensure that it does not happen again (although I suspect this is not the first time such an incident has happened)... afterall, one definition of insanity is doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results...
Good luck

08-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
...., although I wouldn't respond quite so aggressively.

Will
i just dont like Thibs.
08-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #159
Pentaxian

Well you're wrong and not a little bit. But since you're right anyway
08-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #160
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote

However, when somebody claims to be a pro photographer, well, it should not be so hard to find evidence of the person's ability. A pro without photos begins looks like a con.

Will
And not only claims to be a pro (which is neither here nor there to me) but claims to have the inside track on new products coming down the line.
08-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
wants the inside poop
<insert Ben Dover joke here>
08-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #162

So, WendyB is a camera wielding, jet-setting, red-headed Japanese.. er.. Scottish nurse living in America.

Either Walter Mitty is in town or I really need to stop drinking.
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well you're wrong and not a little bit. But since you're right anyway
see! utterly useless post and an insult, i love this kid.
08-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #164
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
see! utterly useless post and an insult, i love this kid.
i just dont like Thibs.

Make your mind up already!
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Out of curiousity I took the time to read all the threads posted by Wendy B. including those making reference to her "idiot husband...topless beaches...five ounce hammers...references to integrity... etc". I am now convinced that "she" is a "he". I'm guessing a fella who works in a camera shop... is fairly well read (as he has a lot of time on his hands)...would have liked a post secondary education which unfortunately was either not to be or not completed to the point of getting a job in his trained field...has not travelled abroad, but would have liked to...all in all, not a happy fella (hence the superiority complex that is evident in many of his threads and the addition of the drama which is missing in his life).
Am I close Wendle? Sounds like you deserve the application of a few extra clothes pins from the dominatrix at your next session you baaaad wanna be Pentaxian. Now smarten up, you're giving the rest of us cross dressing, Japanese-Scottish, internet imposters a bad name...

Yours truly,
another Wendy
Closed Thread