Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #211
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
While I do believe Wendle was born with a set, I'm not so sure that he hasn't surgically removed them. (An operation which would have been performed by himself of course, as he is a trained surgical assistant...)
Ha ha, that's gotta be one of the worst DIY projects in history.

08-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #212
Veteran Member

Gave me two lumps in my throat just thinking about it...

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Ha ha, that's gotta be one of the worst DIY projects in history.
08-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #213
Forum Member

Wendy B. sounds like an name of a criminal. Just on the way her name is written as we do in the Netherlands with criminals!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................. does anyone think or know that Wendy B. is an criminal?
08-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AnoLife Quote
Wendy B. sounds like an name of a criminal. Just on the way her name is written as we do in the Netherlands with criminals!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................. does anyone think or know that Wendy B. is an criminal?
you just killed it

08-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #215
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
you just killed it
I think we may get away with it, he was probably getting confused with HowieB from the Fun Loving Criminals. They were big in Europe a few years ago especially Holland.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 08-26-2008 at 11:04 PM.
08-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #216
Inactive Account

Man....I'm lost on this thread. Who the hell is WendyB and why the hell should we care about him/her??

c[_]
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #217
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Man....I'm lost on this thread. Who the hell is WendyB and why the hell should we care about him/her??

c[_]
Just look at her profile and see some of her comments, esp. the ones she started. I don't know who she is but I preferred this thread to the Olympics.

08-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #218
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kmanlaker Quote
LOL ---- mine too ( after work hours of course ! )
which reminds me ---- what did the redneck say before he died??

Hey y'all watch this !!!

kman

That ain't whut I said.
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #219
Veteran Member

I asked the same question back around page 2.

The answer to the first part of your question is, I think, that WendyB is a member of the forum who, in certain posts and private messages to members, has posed as someone who is (a) a pro photographer of the sort that jets to Paris to do photo shoots; and (b) who has an intimate connection of some unspecified sort inside Pentax International. However, nobody can corroborate either of these aspects of WendyB's identity. No photos, which is odd for a pro photographer, indeed, it's pretty odd for a serious amateur these days. Worth noting, by the way, that the presence of photos would prove very little. But the absence of photos is suspicious. WendyB has also described herself as a surgery nurse. A lot of us who make money with our cameras have second jobs, so it's not impossible that a surgery nurse is also jetting to Paris to do photo shoots. And for all you know, I might be Cartier-Bresson's illegitimate grandson.

The answer to the second part of your question (why should you care?) is simple: there is no reason you should care. I don't. If WendyB actually were a person who knew something about Pentax's plans for the future ... well, I still wouldn't care very much.

Basically, WendyB is just a little mystery the unraveling of which has been pursued with a bit more gusto than was perhaps strictly necessary. This thread has been a huge time waster for all concerned. (But it has had a few entertaining moments.)

Will
08-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #220
Inactive Account

^ 15 pages condensed into three little paragraphs. I'm now up to speed - cheers!

c[_]

P.S. I still don't care who he/she is.
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
I asked the same question back around page 2.

The answer to the first part of your question is, I think, that WendyB is a member of the forum who, in certain posts and private messages to members, has posed as someone who is (a) a pro photographer of the sort that jets to Paris to do photo shoots; and (b) who has an intimate connection of some unspecified sort inside Pentax International. However, nobody can corroborate either of these aspects of WendyB's identity. No photos, which is odd for a pro photographer, indeed, it's pretty odd for a serious amateur these days. Worth noting, by the way, that the presence of photos would prove very little. But the absence of photos is suspicious. WendyB has also described herself as a surgery nurse. A lot of us who make money with our cameras have second jobs, so it's not impossible that a surgery nurse is also jetting to Paris to do photo shoots. And for all you know, I might be Cartier-Bresson's illegitimate grandson.

The answer to the second part of your question (why should you care?) is simple: there is no reason you should care. I don't. If WendyB actually were a person who knew something about Pentax's plans for the future ... well, I still wouldn't care very much.

Basically, WendyB is just a little mystery the unraveling of which has been pursued with a bit more gusto than was perhaps strictly necessary. This thread has been a huge time waster for all concerned. (But it has had a few entertaining moments.)

Will
...and one other thing...Wendy is a fella....
08-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #222

I reckon she is the 6th spice girl, I think they called her Old Spice, or something
08-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #223

Or maybe she is 'The Hooded Claw' from Penelope Pitstop, or maybe someone clawed her hood, I really don't know anymore
08-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #224
Veteran Member

Man....I'm lost on this thread. Who the hell is WendyB
When K20D speculations were rife, this person wrote like "she" knew a few secrets, then replied to someone she could not reveal anymore because she just got a *severe* reprimand from Pentax for doing that.

The next day, yes the very next day, she started a brand new page-long thread giving out a dozen more hints. Obviously the severe reprimand just needed an overnight sleep to wear out
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
When K20D speculations were rife, this person wrote like "she" knew a few secrets, then replied to someone she could not reveal anymore because she just got a *severe* reprimand from Pentax for doing that.

The next day, yes the very next day, she started a brand new page-long thread giving out a dozen more hints. Obviously the severe reprimand just needed an overnight sleep to wear out
Wendle also said that his 18-250 didn't have any lens creep. Anyone who has an 18-250 would find that offensive (LOL)...
Closed Thread