Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote
Is there a list of what has changed/improved?
Latest PENTAX K-1 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

09-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote
Is there a list of what has changed/improved?
Yes, just follow the link provided by the OP in the first message and you'll read:
QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging:
Changes to V1.42

● Corrected – Unstable performance may rarely occur in firmware version 1.41.
09-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #18
mee
Veteran Member

They were talking about firmware support for IBIS in video back in February! Seven months later we only get a stability fix? Boo!
09-14-2017, 08:06 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
They were talking about firmware support for IBIS in video back in February! Seven months later we only get a stability fix? Boo!
See, they'd better keep it shut and do nothing. Less annoying never-happy moaners.

09-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #20
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
See, they'd better keep it shut and do nothing. Less annoying never-happy moaners.

I forgot, at Pentax Forums one cannot be critical of Ricoh Imaging / Pentax even if the criticality expressed is both minor and warranted.

Instead, we must vilify other members by name calling to enhance the dismissal of their views. Silly me!

I expected to see quicker movement from Pentax on features they, themselves, have stated are coming. Seven months isn't exactly a short amount of time in my book... especially just for a point release.
09-14-2017, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

(...)

I expected to see quicker movement from Pentax on features they, themselves, have stated are coming. Seven months isn't exactly a short amount of time in my book... especially just for a point release.
More specifically, it's five months for a bug fix. Version 1.41 was published on April 20th.
09-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Did at any moment crossed one's mind the following: you don't even know when the said instability (-ies) has been noticed.

Geez.

09-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I forgot, at Pentax Forums one cannot be critical of Ricoh Imaging / Pentax even if the criticality expressed is both minor and warranted.
Instead, we must vilify other members by name calling to enhance the dismissal of their views. Silly me!
It does not particularly happens on Pentax Forum but on all forae... And all Pentax gear owners are not just one people.
I didn't know about IBIS in Video but you are right, it would be interesting... Unfortunately, I would say Pentax K-1 has not been released for video in FF, everyone knows about it.
It is still one of the best (and the best one for my needs) OVF FF cameras in the world today (even with Nikon D850 release) for photography except for Sport/Safari shooting if autofocus is your main concern.
Best regards.
09-14-2017, 11:26 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Wow.

You wouldn't think it was so underwhelming if you were experiencing instabilities using the previous firmware. I'm sure there will be some happy users. (I'm not experiencing any problems, but just saying...)
Erm, for such a long break between the firmware releases it is underwhelming. I understand that some (I bet it's a fairly small number of people) will be happy with it, and I'm glad they got what they wanted. Now waiting for the rest of us
09-14-2017, 12:14 PM - 4 Likes   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's very odd. Since doing the firmware update, when I have my lens cap on and take a picture I get a really dark noisy image -- regardless of what I'm pointing the camera at! I'm going to have to do a little more exploring about this odd behavior, but I really hope Pentax can fix it with another firmware update soon.
09-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #26
Forum Member

Never publish your mistakes...

...couldn't figure why my .bin file wasn't being recognised. Then I realised the file extraction was happening automatically on my Mac, and as I still had the 1.4 file from last year in my downloads folder, my Mac was automatically renaming the new one. Doh!

Interesting the .bin files have the same name for different firmware versions...

All set to go now, but don't make my mistake, clear out your downloads folder
09-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #27
Pentaxian

The cool thing is that since I don't use image transmitter 2, I don't need to update the firmware of my K1. Wish you all happy shooting. Regards.
09-14-2017, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Brumtaffy Quote
...couldn't figure why my .bin file wasn't being recognised. Then I realised the file extraction was happening automatically on my Mac, and as I still had the 1.4 file from last year in my downloads folder, my Mac was automatically renaming the new one. Doh!

Interesting the .bin files have the same name for different firmware versions...

All set to go now, but don't make my mistake, clear out your downloads folder
Meh, in that case, happy not to have a Mac
09-14-2017, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wonder how long till someone comments that they have noticed an improvement in their auto focus after the update?
It's running a bit faster now and I think it makes my battery last longer!

(Oh wait, I thought this was an iPhone system software upgrade thread. Never mind.)
09-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #30

1-step closer to some major updates (hopefully ;p)