Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
The cool thing is that since I don't use image transmitter 2, I don't need to update the firmware of my K1. Wish you all happy shooting. Regards.
Lots of bug fixes in there too! ;-) (and no, Ricoh wont elaborate)

09-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I'd say an unfortunate finding. I like(d) being able to see the progress.
in fact just thinking about it, yes
09-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #63
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gerard_Dirks Quote
I would like that Ricoh will spend also older Camera with Firmware Updates, not only for bugfixes but also for adding some features. e.g. Tethering for older Models or support of Image Transfer 2.0 to the K-5

I own all Camera (K-1, K-3, K-5iis & K-5), but I use my K-5 (not K-5iis) in combination with my Metz 76 MZ-5 HighEnd Flash, Support of this flash was stopped with the K-5ii)

Normal Ricoh stops with bringing new Firmware after 1 year afters it release. I expect from a HighEnd Product a longer period for new releases (it is the same with Smart Phones; Apple brings more 3-4 years new releases of the iOS, Android stops supoorting after 1 - 1 1/2 year.
The K-5 II is now 5 years old, so discontinuing support makes sense. It was nice when they added 55-300mm PLM support to the K-3 following user requests, even though they didn't do so originally. I think they're trying to do as much as possible in light of limited resources and business goals.

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
I just tried pixel shift and as I recall it the four pictures where displayed on the LCD as they where shot one by one, now the LCD is black until it's done. Not that I think it effects anything but at least something has changed... or maybe there is a setting for this?
If they changed this then it sounds like a performance optimization. Would be interesting to see if the gap between the shots has been reduced.

Edit: I'm running 1.40 and the images aren't showing, so it must have been changed earlier.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-15-2017, 12:23 PM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Edit: I'm running 1.40 and the images aren't showing, so it must have been changed earlier.
no it was always this way. when image preview is set , pixel shift displays the 4 frames, and when image preview is disabled the lcd stays dark during the pixel shift capture.

09-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #65
Pentaxian

OK, so it is selectable, my bad
09-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #66
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
no it was always this way. when image preview is set , pixel shift displays the 4 frames, and when image preview is disabled the lcd stays dark during the pixel shift capture.
Well that clears it up. Thanks- perfect!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-15-2017, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #67
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
OK, so it is selectable, my bad
Your bad smile? Doesn't look too bad to me.

09-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #68
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
It's running a bit faster now and I think it makes my battery last longer!

(Oh wait, I thought this was an iPhone system software upgrade thread. Never mind.)
Safari is snappier!!!