Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2017, 01:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
IIRC, the last run of K1000's were already metal-look plastic topped. Some time after the K1000SE I think?

I think some 3rd parties were still cranking out K mount clones towards the end... Seagull, Vivitar, etc.

Eric
there is a new Vivitar V3800N on Amazon but I think they stopped making them a couple of years ago (as did Nikon with the fm10)

10-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Have a K1000, ES ll, S1a, Mamiya medium format, Leica, Zeiss, Olympus, Yashica, many more film cameras. I'm happy with digital, not desire to go back to film. Think many, if not most are like me.
10-24-2017, 02:01 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Have a K1000, ES ll, S1a, Mamiya medium format, Leica, Zeiss, Olympus, Yashica, many more film cameras. I'm happy with digital, not desire to go back to film. Think many, if not most are like me.
Oh I hear you! But there is a whole new generation re-discovering film, just like the hipsters who re-discovered vinyl records and instant film.

Hey, there is no wrong way to have fun. If people enjoy it, who are we to argue?

When I shoot any film at all nowadays, it's 120mm with an old twin lens Yashica or my Zeiss Icon folding camera's (I have a collection of odds and ends, mostly to look pretty on the shelf).

It's fun to have the kids look over your shoulder to try and chimp your LCD on your 1940's folding camera and scratch their heads when they realize there isn't one.

Eric
10-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . a variety of DSLR cameras . . .

Could be just 645z, K-1, KP, K-3ll and K-70 . . . or the hints about

‘something you’re not expecting’ and a ‘soft announcement in October and hard announcement in November’

might have some meaning . . .

monochrome

Last edited by monochrome; 10-24-2017 at 04:31 PM.
10-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #20
Pentaxian

[quote=Erictator;4119041]
---------- Post added 10-24-17 at 05:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Oh I hear you! But there is a whole new generation re-discovering film, just like the hipsters who re-discovered vinyl records and instant film.

Hey, there is no wrong way to have fun. If people enjoy it, who are we to argue? Not me, I'm not the arguing kind.

When I shoot any film at all nowadays, it's 120mm with an old twin lens Yashica ( I got two of them too.) or my Zeiss Icon folding camera's I have one of them too. ) (I have a collection of odds and ends, mostly to look pretty on the shelf). I got many of them too...got some of them arranged neatly in my IKea display shelving unit . )

It's fun to have the kids look over your shoulder to try and chimp your LCD on your 1940's folding camera and scratch their heads when they realize there isn't one.

Eric
What I like to do is to take meter readings with my Sekonic L-398 Studio Master Deluxe light meter . That throws them for a loop. They wonder among other things ....who is that old, white haired geezer. ) When they see the Pentax nameplate on my digital cameras...I'm sure they wonder whaat is that and where did he get it from.
10-24-2017, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If they really want to throw folks for a loop, how about a half-frame SLR.

PASM exposure modes, P-TTL flash, and a small enough piece of film to work with DA lenses.

It would be different, even if only four of us bought one...

That or an all plastic body compatible with 67 lenses that only has four shutter speeds... B, 30, 60, and 125... sold at Urban Outfitters and Hot Topic...

-Eric
10-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote

PASM exposure modes, P-TTL flash, and a small enough piece of film to work with DA lenses.

It would be different, even if only four of us bought one...

That or an all plastic body compatible with 67 lenses that only has four shutter speeds... B, 30, 60, and 125... sold at Urban Outfitters and Hot Topic...

-Eric
They did make APS film...

10-24-2017, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #23
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wouldn't that be a 4/3 film camera?

I would like to see a small sensor with EVF body. But logically (and I thought hard before I used that word) even if all-plastic simplified 67 bodies or whatever else were considered a possibility, who would the market be? Just the (we) fanatics on Pentax Forums? Ricoh/Pentax really would be doomed if they thought that was a good strategy.

But here is an idea: "Stuff" is cheap enough to manufacture in China. Design the "simple" 67 camera, line up a break-even buyer base and churn it out in China under a private label (brand it "PENTACKY" on the front and "RIPOFF" on the back to stay true to its roots). If you don't have the bottom line issues of an international corporation, you have much more freedom. The true entrepreneurs would quietly buy up all the cheap 67 glass while this was happening and make a killing when the plastic beast hit the market.

OK - it's all tongue in cheek. But there is a serious possibility in there. At the other end of the scale, if the Q system is allowed to wither on the vine, could something serious (but simple) be done with the Q mount? Maybe even under some form of licence. As I said, if you don't have the bottom line issues of an international corporation, you have much more freedom.
10-24-2017, 06:06 PM   #24
Pentaxian

That would be great -- they could call it the DA-F, or maybe the K500.
10-24-2017, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
The post was edited; you can see the edit history and the original post said: "Who's ready for #PhotoPlus Expo and also #NYVR?!?!? We will be exhibiting at both #PhotoPlus and #NYVR. On display we will showcasing the all new Ricoh Theta V, and also a variety of DSLR and SLR cameras. We will be hosting several different seminars at our booth for #PhotoPlus. Make sure to stop by booth #845. #pentax #teamricohimaging #ricoh."

The "and SLR" part was removed.
I looked for the "edited" notice and could not find it this morning. I just went back and found it under the "..." menu. I would say "Bad Lion", but the mascot does not look too friendly

Steve
10-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A new all mechanical, all manual film SLR in K mount would be quite cool. Instead of a K1000 though I would like a few more bells and whistles, maybe more like an MX. I expect the price tag would be a whopper, though.
10-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
there is a new Vivitar V3800N on Amazon but I think they stopped making them a couple of years ago (as did Nikon with the fm10)
Nikon still lists the FM10 as current product, but it is sort of hard to get and I can't imagine spending $569.95 USD for one with a kit zoom.* I believe you are correct that the Vivitar V3800N has reached the end of its long life under various branding and incarnations. Strangely, new-old-stock Bessaflex TM cameras still pop up every once in awhile for amazing prices. (All three are variants on a Cosina film SLR dating back almost 40 years.)

Steve

* I won't tell you how much I spent for my Bessa R3M, the mag-alloy clad rangefinder cousin to the FM10.
10-24-2017, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You mean like my K-3?

Steve
10-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
NO mention of NEW PENTAX LENS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I will go anyway!
10-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #30
Veteran Member

If Yashica(or whoever is the proxy) is good for a resurrection of sort of the old 35 (now it will be metal, and have some more exposure control), Ricoh should be good for a ABS plastic R1a...