Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2017, 03:50 AM - 1 Like   #466
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think the price history of the DA16-50 would be a decent, though not perfect, indicator of how pricing will be for the 11-18.

This lens and something like the Tamron 17-50 and a couple small primes would be an awesome collection of lenses. Really interested in how it performs when it finally comes to market.

11-01-2017, 04:40 AM - 2 Likes   #467
Veteran Member

This lens had me at AW & 11mm-18mm. Can't wait, it will go well with my KP, DA 16-85 and DA20-40 Ltd
11-01-2017, 05:13 AM - 2 Likes   #468
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With three of the main antagonists on my ignore list, this thread is at once hilarious, confusing and depressing.

The DA*11-18 will be an awesome lens for those invested in the crop ecosystem. The little old primes are great, but this offers something completely different, and shows Ricoh remains serious about APS-C. The nay-sayers deserve all the ridicule they're getting.

Off topic: anyone suggesting the DFA15-30 is no good for travel is talking their usual nonsense. I have taken mine on two overseas trips in the last year or so and it was indispensable both times. It will be the first lens I pack for my next trip.
11-01-2017, 05:54 AM - 2 Likes   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, I think it's time to tune up my ignore list as well. The information we have on the DA 11-18 so far sounds like an awesome lens to anchor the wide side of any crop shooter's kit. I used to think that k-mount land could have really used the Tokina 11-16 and this lens removes that thought completely if we can ignore pricing. Which really should be done when someone is going to seriously consider a Limited or star lens from Pentax.

11-01-2017, 07:39 AM   #470
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Beautiful double standard, Mee ... Ogl criticizes a new Pentax product, and you are silent as usual, opinions are opinions, false claims and all, right?

That is, until someone defends the same product, your fingers move so fast on the keyboard, smoke's being given off. Modus Operandi.

Kunzite nailed it: HD Pentax-DA★ 11-18mm f/2.8 - Page 20 - PentaxForums.com
The Pentax product isn't a person. Ogl is. There is no double standard unless you somehow think the Pentax product has the same value as a person. But maybe this explains why you and Kunzite are so fervent with your approach to Pentax.

As to your link to Kunzite's comments, If I have a modus operandi, it is to stand up against bullies when you guys get negative towards someone that has an opinion which is opposite your own. Especially when that opinion is deemed 'negative' to Pentax. Because this place easily becomes an echo chamber since it is slanted towards positive-only news. I prefer a more balanced approach, positive comments are great but not everything is positive, and it should be OK to share those too without fear of reprisal against the only-positive-news gang here. You guys can act like dementors, by attacking and dismissing anyone with a view you don't agree with instead of just agreeing to disagree.

Kunzite ended up putting me on ignore because I challenged him on that, he was OK when he was left to his own to pick on folks. Not true? Well look at this very thread.. he thew me on ignore while leaving the person he was bullying not on his ignore list.

So apples to oranges, guy.
11-01-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #471
Pentaxian

There is probably no lower level of cowardice than posting negative comments about someone who has you on ignore.

Like kicking someone when they are down. But, it does make it really clear who the bully is.

I guess it's just too hard to understand that two people can have different styles, say things that tick each other off and just agree to ignore each other.

Some folks just aren't big enough to do that.

Personally, I wish mee would ignore me. What I say so often upsets him. It can't be fun for him. I odn't understand what the issue is.

Being ignored is better than being lied about, misrepresented, misenterpreted and called names.

Maybe he's afraid I'll trash him behind his back like he just trashed Kunzite. relax dude, when you aren't around, I don't even think about you.

Last edited by normhead; 11-01-2017 at 08:23 AM.
11-01-2017, 08:21 AM - 2 Likes   #472
Veteran Member

I think this thread should be closed. Pathetic attitude being shown from many regular users.

Unless you actually want to discuss the lens... has anyone got a size comparison for the lens with the DA* 16-50?

11-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #473
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HarisF1 Quote
I think this thread should be closed. Pathetic attitude being shown from many regular users.

Unless you actually want to discuss the lens... has anyone got a size comparison for the lens with the DA* 16-50?

The bigger issue is we cannot seem to agree to disagree as a group and there are a lot of clashing personalities here. I'm just sick of a few of the regulars attacking anyone who disagrees with their thinking on Pentax products... and the powers that be seem to allow it. This is why we can't have nice things.

I haven't seen one but if you take the 11-18mm lens image and a 16-50mm image and composite them it should be possible. But I think it might be far too early for a lot of serious discussion on this lens since it is at least 6 months out. It probably is still being worked on..
11-01-2017, 09:07 AM - 2 Likes   #474
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The bigger issue is we cannot seem to agree to disagree as a group and there are a lot of clashing personalities here. I'm just sick of a few of the regulars attacking anyone who disagrees with their thinking on Pentax products... and the powers that be seem to allow it. This is why we can't have nice things.
I'm sorry mee, but looking for negative things to say, and dragging your "Pentax does everything wrong" opinion into every product announcement is not "nice." I can't understand for the life of me why you're even allowed in these threads.
11-01-2017, 09:07 AM - 9 Likes   #475
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The bigger issue is we cannot seem to agree to disagree as a group and there are a lot of clashing personalities here. I'm just sick of a few of the regulars attacking anyone who disagrees with their thinking on Pentax products... and the powers that be seem to allow it.
I'm not sure whether you're referring to @Adam or the moderating team, @mee - but I've already asked twice in this very thread for members to stop arguing (see this post for the first instance). We rely on members to report posts they feel have broken our rules, to abide by any polite requests we make, and to minimise arguments by not participating in them (especially when it's clear it has turned to bickering). Usually, walking away is a good option.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread