Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2017, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Ugh! Oh man, I was really hoping they are gonna start shipping that DFA 50/1.4 so that those top most lenses will move. Pentax just made a great excuse for another year. But hey! It still good for me that I will not be spending my hard earned money for camera and lens update. More shooting for me until next year.
Another YEAR? C’mon, seriously????

They’re ANNOUNCED - It’s a Press Release!
  • D FA*50/1.4 is scheduled for spring, 2018 - 5 or 6 months
  • DA*11-18/2.8 ZOOM is scheduled for summer, 2018 - 8 or 9 months

See the article linked above

10-26-2017, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #182

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
They just announced two lenses. And you're already whining about another one that they haven't announced. We didn't even get one day free of whining.

It's becoming clear, some folks just can't bring themselves to say even one positive thing about Pentax. It's just nag , nag, nag, bitch bitch, bitch.

There's a cure for that fortunately.

Is there some law about just not saying "Good job Pentax." that i don't know about?

You whiners can try as hard as you want to make something negative out of this, but this is a happy Pentax day, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. You're just getting yourselves ignored,
You know the thing that frustrates me? Ever since I purchased my first DSLR in 2008, I've tried to make pictures as good as I imagined them in my head, but my gear keeps getting in the way! All I need is a Limited zoom 9-30mm f/1.2 that's about the size and weight of my DA 15, and I could make those photos! PENTAX, YOUR GEAR IS GETTING IN MY WAY! I'm going to have to look at alternatives now.

Last edited by fredralphfred; 10-26-2017 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Embarrassing apostrophal mistake
10-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #183
Pentaxian

8 to 9 months ~ 1 year to me. Let us see your 8-9 months Monochrome.

But it still a good announcement from Ricoh. These lenses will still make them relevant/alive with the apsc market.
10-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #184
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
8 to 9 months ~ 1 year to me. Let us see your 8-9 months Monochrome.

But it still a good announcement from Ricoh. These lenses will still make them relevant/alive with the apsc market.
Nobody complains about an 18 month lead time Announcement for new vehicles *

25 Cars Worth Waiting For - Car and Driver

10-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
"oh noooo it is 11mm, so sad.
A real deal breaker for me !! I would really miss the missing 1mm.
10-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
nobody complains about an 18 month lead time announcement for new vehicles *

25 cars worth waiting for - car and driver
😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
10-26-2017, 09:35 AM - 4 Likes   #187
Pentaxian

it's just nag , nag, nag, bitch bitch, bitch.
SO much whining about whiners... There's some sort of circularity there, it seems to me. I agree some people on here can't seem to say anything positive about Pentax/Ricoh, but you don't need to take it so personally, either. It's bad for your blood pressure.

For me, the "summer of 2018" just bursts the bubble of excitement. And that's summer of 2018 if they deliver. I think from a communications standpoint, it would have gone over better (with me) if they'd just announced an update to the roadmap with planned release dates, some specs and no photos. If they had moved to a more Fuji-styled roadmap, in other words, with more precise planed release dates rather that just the usual "2017 or later." Maybe it was an unrealistic expectation, but when I see leaked photos I expect the product to be around the corner and I get excited... This lens has been on the roadmap for years. If they feel the need to pre-announce it by nine months, it just seems like they must not have much in the pipeline until then. Hopefully that's not the case, but the announcement takes me from seeing the pics and thinking "Ricoh's been kicking ass and we just didn't know!" to "Nine months?"...

10-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Nobody complains about an 18 month lead time Announcement for new vehicles *
Well, you know, the city the Photokina is in, has this famous little house. It was requested to be built by some christian clergymen.
Between the first 3D printed model (well the equivalent, probably some wood) and the actual finish date, just some 632 years passed by.

And all that without 4k video. Just as a storage site for the bones of the three biblical magi.
10-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #189
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
it would have gone over better (with me) if they'd just announced an update to the roadmap with planned release dates, some specs and no photos.
Do you think that showing a printed paper instead of real product prototypes is better?

Unless "(with me)" means you're a whatever-other-brand fan and see Pentax as its competition
10-26-2017, 09:53 AM - 2 Likes   #190
Pentaxian

SO much whining about whiners... There's some sort of circularity there, it seems to me. I agree some people on here can't seem to say anything positive about Pentax/Ricoh, but you don't need to take it so personally, either. It's bad for your blood pressure.

If you think I'm taking it personally you're wrong.
But maybe since you've added to the whining... what would be wrong with, after an announcement like this, just taking a day to enjoy what's been released and letting it sink in before continuing the whining?

Some of us prefer to celebrate what Pentax does, not whine about what they haven't done. With all due respect, the whining diminishes the threads.

It all basically comes down to "I'm not happy with Pentax because __________."
There is probably some reason I should care, but bottom line. It's all personal perspective, projected onto Pentax, that have nothing to do with Pentax and quite a lot to do with people's expectations of what Pentax should be.

Who wants to read that?
10-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #191
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If they feel the need to pre-announce it by nine months, it just seems like they must not have much in the pipeline until then. Hopefully that's not the case, but the announcement takes me from seeing the pics and thinking "Ricoh's been kicking ass and we just didn't know!" to "Nine months?"...
Did you read my post above?

I think Ricoh Imaging is doing so well that the pipeline is completely full. They are production-constrained.*

* Actually, they they don’t exist for you and me. They exist for shareholders. They want to keep their existing resources fully utilized and no more. That’s what well-run, conservative companies do. To make more money they make more premium products within the resource pipeline. ergo, more K-1, KP, ‘*’ lenses, less K-70-type, and continue K-3Ii for now with sunk-costs until the replacement is ready and production resources are available.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-26-2017 at 10:07 AM.
10-26-2017, 10:00 AM - 2 Likes   #192
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks Ricoh. Excellent news. The APS-C landscape guys have been waiting a long time for this. I honestly thought this lens would never see the light of day.

Yes, it is not available until next summer, but it shows continued strong commitment to APS-C and we have lots of other nice WA/UWA options in the meantime.
10-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #193
Pentaxian

If you think I'm taking it personally you're wrong.
But maybe since you've added to the whining... what would be wrong with, after an announcement like this, just taking a day to enjoy what's been released and letting it sink in before continuing the whining?

Some of us prefer to celebrate what Pentax does, not whine about what they haven't done. With all due respect, the whining diminishes the threads.

It all basically comes down to "I'm not happy with Pentax because __________."
There is probably some reason I should care, but bottom line. It's all personal perspective, projected onto Pentax, that have nothing to do with Pentax and quite a lot to do with people's expectations of what Pentax should be.

Who wants to read that?
Norm, I'd say it is personal - but in the other direction. "Those fanboys are happy with Pentax, this must not be allowed!"
They just can't stand us being (moderately) happy with Pentax.
10-26-2017, 10:09 AM - 2 Likes   #194
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Next generation * lens line. Meaning there will be more? Like a refresh of the old DA* lenses
10-26-2017, 10:13 AM   #195
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
From some rough scaling from the images, the filter thread looks about 86mm. That would be prohibitive for me....
I hope not, this would mean going to larger filter sizes, I don't want to have to go larger than Cokin P.
Closed Thread