Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Red is future standard lens.
Orange is DFA* type pro lens for FF.
Yellow is existing DA* pro lens for APSC.
Green is existing standard lens.
Thank you so much for that info. I guess I didn't miss the Key on the PDF? I didn't see one anyway.
Do you suppose there's some difference between the dark green and the light green?
Today's cold gray weather must be having a perceptiveness issue in my brain.

Edit: Oh, duh. It looks like the light green and dark green are split between DFA/FA and DA.

10-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nachtkuh Quote
I am really happy about the DA* 11-18mm
And also a little bit concerned about that there are no further lenses shown on the aps-c roadmap...
An AF-Motor upgrade for the other DA* lenses would be awesome.
(and a sharper 16-50 regarding the PF review)
All those DFA K-mount lenses will work quite nicely with the APS-C cameras! At some point the lens line up is full enough that you start looking at releasing new version of old lenses. Yes the DA* with the SDM ring motor seen in the new DFA* 50/1.4 would be awesome. You don't put replacement lenses on the roadmap, only lenses to fill holes.
10-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Just an observation, not a complaint: Pentax continues to distance itself from compact primes of the past and towards large high quality zooms and fast primes. That's a reasonable approach, since people who want very small cameras have plenty of options.

I currently have a K-1 plus K-5. Leaning towards selling my non-FF lenses and building a secondary m43 system. Pentax will remain my main system.
10-28-2017, 12:09 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Just an observation, not a complaint: Pentax continues to distance itself from compact primes of the past and towards large high quality zooms and fast primes. That's a reasonable approach, since people who want very small cameras have plenty of options.

I currently have a K-1 plus K-5. Leaning towards selling my non-FF lenses and building a secondary m43 system. Pentax will remain my main system.
They created a FF, so now they are creating ultra high quality lens.

They won't stop selling the small lenses.

Strategyis pretty much FF and "*" lenses for best quality / compact and small APS-C body and lenses.

10-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Yep. APS is there for those wanting compact lenses. It's all fine.

More compact lenses will probably come in due time once mandatory 'pro' lenses lineup is there for FF range.
10-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Personally I have all the lenses I need. I'm more interessted in upcoming cameras. K-1 II and K-3 III or whatever their names will be.
10-28-2017, 07:03 AM   #37
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Personally I have all the lenses I need. I'm more interessted in upcoming cameras. K-1 II and K-3 III or whatever their names will be.
As for K-1 - I think K-1 is FF already, it means the next cameras could be K-1II, K-1III, K-1IV and e.t.c.
The same method as Canon or Sony.

As for K-3's upgrade - I think we could see the new name. K-2, K-4, K-6, K-8, K-9 are free.

10-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have to admit, I'm completely lost by the "Telephoto Zoom Lens" and the "Large Aperture Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens". These seem to be covered areas...
10-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #39
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Should be 24/2 or 20/2.8 IMO.
They'll need 85/1.4 and 35/1.4 then too.
Obviously can't be 24/2 because map shows something between 15 and 20mm.
Probably 20mm, but could be also something wider, 18mm or even 15mm.
I hope it is not 15mm, in that case filters will be a big problem.
10-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
I have to admit, I'm completely lost by the "Telephoto Zoom Lens" and the "Large Aperture Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens". These seem to be covered areas...
There is no Pentax full frame 70-300mm. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it's the same quality as the Canon L lens.
10-28-2017, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #41
Banned

I also have K-1 plus K-5 and I will do exactly opposite. I'll sell K-1 and invest that money in new flagship APS-C or KP. Reason?
There is no compact size ultra wide full frame prime lenses which is very important for me.
Also there is no consumer telephoto zoom compact in size and weight with decent optics.
On my opinion both of those lenses are more important than 50mm.
10-28-2017, 12:01 PM   #42
Pentaxian

The problem with your opinion is that other people have other opinions. There is no way we all would fully agree on priorities.
The two lenses you're talking about are both on the roadmap.
10-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I said a 85 is coming..and it will!
Also mentioned in the PF PhotoPlus Booth Report on the Forum Homepage - coming in 2018.
10-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #44
Pentaxian

I have bought my self m43 stuff, not to build new compact system, but other reason...I like m43 so far, lot's of fun. No shame in that but I should not put those two systems together to same shoot. m43 does fall short for my kind a shots compared to K-1. APS-C is not that far behing...but my K-3 seems little old by now already

great that there is some new lenses and cameras coming for both FF and APS-C. My m43 needs are quite easilly fullfilled with some litlle things, and you can't mix m43 with larger format, but you can somehow mix FF and APS-C.
10-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #45
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The problem with your opinion is that other people have other opinions. There is no way we all would fully agree on priorities.
The two lenses you're talking about are both on the roadmap.
There are three models of 50mm Pentax lenses on the market that you can buy new.
At the same time there are zero models of lenses of those two types.
That are facts not opinions and also I don't care for your opinion.