Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #31
Sam

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
your fancy numbers .
Most certainly not "my" numbers!
Canon's investors public numbers

. you are a fool if you think they don't.
ouch!

Seems like I made you angry. LOL!

..take it easy dude. this is just a public forum
Sam

08-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davebris33 Quote
Sick to death of people obsessing about what the other manufacturers are up to, and what Pentax is doing to respond. I am amazed anyone has time to take any photo's at all.
i'm not ... i love reading and discussing the newest and latest stuff. doesn't mean my old camera can't take better pictures, but i know a new camera can help out more.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It will be very funny if Pentax will show only DA*55, DA*60-250, new case for DA limited and MAYBE K2000D in body of K200D.

I see the migration to D700 from Pentax...It's sad...
what would you want to buy from pentax ogl?
08-28-2008, 07:36 AM   #33
Veteran Member

as to why pentax would leak information?

it looks like the Nikon D90 and D700 were "inadvertently if you believe it or not" already leaked into the public generating excitement for the product. although this worked because everyone knew the D80 was dead and the D700 was new and not exactly in the same class as the D3.

however, i've reasoned myself into thinking that it would be bad for pentax to leak anything because if they were to leak a higher or lower end body APS-C body that would canabalize sales of existing bodies. an FF body? that would be total shock, even despite Ben's premonitions
08-28-2008, 07:36 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam Quote

ouch!

Sam
You forgot to admit you were misleading when you could not separate Canon's camera business with their other fields of activity.

Last edited by ftpaddict; 08-28-2008 at 07:47 AM.
08-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #35
Banned

ouch!

Sam

Im not angry at all, I am also very much aware that this is a public forum. I meant 'your' numbers as in you presented them. either way I made my point and you don't seem to have a rebuttal. those numbers mean nothing. unless of course you can prove that rise in profit is solely from cameras? thus making it worthwile to note.
08-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Im not angry at all, I am also very much aware that this is a public forum. I meant 'your' numbers as in you presented them. either way I made my point and you don't seem to have a rebuttal. those numbers mean nothing. unless of course you can prove that rise in profit is solely from cameras? thus making it worthwile to note.
So, how about 43% of the global market share for DSLRs in 2007?

NEWS! - IDC on 2007 Sales: Nikon, Sony Gain in dSLRs; Samsung Up, Kodak Holds On in Digicams
08-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i'm not ... i love reading and discussing the newest and latest stuff. doesn't mean my old camera can't take better pictures, but i know a new camera can help out more.
So, there is no need to discuss newest and latest stuff if our existing cameras already serve us well. In fact, there is just no need to think and to read anything about new cameras - if we have no new need, why bother? :-)

QuoteQuote:
Just say JUST a Full Frame DSLR from PENTAX!

08-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote

NEWS! - IDC on 2007 Sales: Nikon, Sony Gain in dSLRs; Samsung Up, Kodak Holds On in Digicams
That was 2007. A lot of people have moved to Nikon in the past year. 43% no longer.
08-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #39
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote

its now 2008 nearly 2009 those numbers mean what exactly? nice try rice high pathetic as usual but nice try.
08-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #40
Sam

Oh come on! Fincancial reports data are common sense, freely available!
Any investor/interested party is just one click away: Investor Relations

e.g. p.35
"Sales increased 10.6% to ¥1,152.7 billion and included a 17% increase in unit sales of digital cameras. Buoyed by the introduction of beginner and mid-level models, sales of digital SLR cameras climbed steadily. In the period under review, Canon successfully increased its market share in compact digital cameras. The
Company also experienced sound growth in digital video cameras and other products."

Plain and simple
I have nothing personal against you. And I was refering to Canon Corp. (see my posting)
Of course what I personally care about is Pentax new products for this year at Photokina. Any leaks?

br
sam

you are a fool if you think they don't.
BTW you fancy calling other Pentaxians fools by habit or what?
08-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #41
racinsince55

I don't think there will be any further offerings from Pentax.

Like they say in racing.

"I think Pentax done blowed up!"

Of course, I could be wrong.
08-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #42
Banned

Oh come on! Fincancial reports data are common sense, freely available!
Any investor/interested party is just one click away: Investor Relations

e.g. p.35
"Sales increased 10.6% to ¥1,152.7 billion and included a 17% increase in unit sales of digital cameras. Buoyed by the introduction of beginner and mid-level models, sales of digital SLR cameras climbed steadily. In the period under review, Canon successfully increased its market share in compact digital cameras. The
Company also experienced sound growth in digital video cameras and other products."

Plain and simple
I have nothing personal against you. And I was refering to Canon Corp. (see my posting)
Of course what I personally care about is Pentax new products for this year at Photokina. Any leaks?

br
sam

BTW you fancy calling other Pentaxians fools by habit or what?

you were using total sales to prove camera dominance I called you out. second you are talking about 2007 numbers, it is 2008 going on 2009. thirdly I said fool once and I stand by that if you think they don't care. how does once=habit?
08-28-2008, 08:10 AM   #43
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The reality is that Canon and Nikon don't care what Pentax does...
Pentax can compete with Olympus and Sony, in Japan market ...Not in the world.
08-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Dejavu ...seems I recall these same sentiments being expressed two years ago - just prior the the last Photokina.
08-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #45
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote

I want to buy FF camera.
I'd like to see 135/1.8, for example.