Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #91
Banned

Pentax has not nor will they likely ever build a rangefinder. there whole history is based on the SLR, hell if it wasn't for pentax the SLR might not have been pushed to the forefront of the camera world until much later. in a lot of ways Pentax is the SLR. why would they build a rangefinder?

08-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not saying it makes sense, nor do I claim to know anything. It's just what his comment made me think of.

Another option could be something akin to the micro-4/3 mockup that's floating around the web (i.e. no optical viewfinder, full-time live view on the LCD), but with a K-mount.

Ain't groundless speculation fun ?
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #93
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Another option could be something akin to the micro-4/3 mockup that's floating around the web (i.e. no optical viewfinder, full-time live view on the LCD), but with a K-mount.
no, it isn't because that camera is poo.
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
Ill agree to this part without a doubt, but if pentax can implement SR in cameras such as the optio Z10 or the A10 then there is no reason why they cant include it in a DSLR regardless of size.
Actually the SR in the P&S isn't the same technology. It's "digital stabilization", i.e. they push the ISO to get shorter shutter speeds. There's no electromagnets or a free floating sensor involved as in the DSLRs.

If you look at the images in the official SR-doc at pentaxslr.com you'll see that it does take up considerable space in the camera.

Wim

08-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Actually the SR in the P&S isn't the same technology. It's "digital stabilization", i.e. they push the ISO to get shorter shutter speeds. There's no electromagnets or a free floating sensor involved as in the DSLRs.

If you look at the images in the official SR-doc at pentaxslr.com you'll see that it does take up considerable space in the camera.

Wim

The Optio A40 does actually have sensor-shift image stabilization.

Pentax today unveiled the Optio A40, a 3x zoom compact featuring a large 1/1.7" sensor for improved low-light abilities. CCD-shift image stabilization keeps the shakes at bay whilst the videos are recorded in DivX format allowing for smaller file sizes. Shutter-priority and manual exposure are here alongside Pentax's customary automatic modes. The camera will be available from October 2007 with a recommended price of US $299.95. More after the click.
(source: dpreview.com)

Also take a look at this picture. Pentax only incorporates the SR logo on cameras that have genuine shake reduction, and not that marketing doo-dad.
08-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
The Optio A40 does actually have sensor-shift image stabilization.

Pentax today unveiled the Optio A40, a 3x zoom compact featuring a large 1/1.7" sensor for improved low-light abilities. CCD-shift image stabilization keeps the shakes at bay whilst the videos are recorded in DivX format allowing for smaller file sizes. Shutter-priority and manual exposure are here alongside Pentax's customary automatic modes. The camera will be available from October 2007 with a recommended price of US $299.95. More after the click.
(source: dpreview.com)

Also take a look at this picture. Pentax only incorporates the SR logo on cameras that have genuine shake reduction, and not that marketing doo-dad.
Oh, I must have generalized mistakenly. Apologies!

But still, the sensor being so small in a P&S, I imagine the surrounding SR system to be equally small, and as such a P&S surely cannot serve as a reference as to the size of the SR system in a potentially smaller APS-C camera? Leaving SR out of an APS-C camera no doubt does have a big impact on the size?

Wim
08-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #97
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It will be classical camera. No revolution.
08-30-2008, 12:07 AM   #98

Totally agree with benjakin,the k20 and da* lens are right up there with the best.

Last edited by pentaxdude; 08-30-2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: error in sentence
08-30-2008, 12:29 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It will be classical camera. No revolution.

Another ho-hum "also-ran", then.
08-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #100

This would be HUGE
08-30-2008, 01:52 AM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote

This would be HUGE
It looks bigger than an Oly E-420. I wouldn't buy it.
08-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #102
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It looks bigger than an Oly E-420. I wouldn't buy it.
It is not. I saw that prototype at last Photokina. It's really small.
08-30-2008, 02:33 AM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It is not. I saw that prototype at last Photokina. It's really small.

It's still butt-ugly. I wouldn't buy it.
08-30-2008, 03:08 AM   #104
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It's still butt-ugly. I wouldn't buy it.
Well I agree on that point
Happy it is only a prototype
08-30-2008, 05:14 AM   #105
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Oh, I must have generalized mistakenly. Apologies!

But still, the sensor being so small in a P&S, I imagine the surrounding SR system to be equally small, and as such a P&S surely cannot serve as a reference as to the size of the SR system in a potentially smaller APS-C camera? Leaving SR out of an APS-C camera no doubt does have a big impact on the size?

Wim

I fail to see why not. just loosing the protruding grip on the right side of the camera would cut its overall size down quite a bit and you don't have to cut SR. besides for all we know pentax has already shrunk down the size of the APS-C SR system for its next cameras. I think it would be smart to assume they have.